Is xbox one really that bad?

#131Redman02Posted 10/19/2013 1:00:06 PM
xb1 dropped the ball on so many fronts.

first the anti-gamer policies (constant online, no used games)
let's not forget the guy telling gamers who couldn't always be online to just buy a 360 (really?!)
it's $100 dollars MORE than the ps4 (which is, spec-wise, better)
mandatory kinect cam (i've never used connect ever... why am i being forced to buy it?)

saying which system has better games is subjective and they will both eventually have a nice catalog.

Microsoft has to WIN back their customers. they've done too much backtracking and can't even compete with the ps4's price . Consumers aren't completely moronic.

Scenario. If you found two somewhat equally comparable cars with one 1 grand less and the pricier one having a spoiler. The pricier has had major recalls on that model in the last few months, more than once. Now they say the cars are in working order. I'm inclined to think most people will buy the cheaper car.
and that's exactly what we have here. i'm pretty sure the xb1 will be a awesome gaming console. but i've lost majority of my trust in the company.
---
Awwwww Lawwwwd....
#132leelee3105Posted 10/19/2013 1:03:46 PM
there is one place Xbox ONE isnt popular. the internet. it will self as much or more than the PS4.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#133Grif16Posted 10/19/2013 1:14:26 PM
Im getting BOTH. Reason is i like games. I don't give a crap what system it is on as long as it is good. I was also all for the sharing AND requirements for the camera but now that is all gone. I don't need to have the cam connected and the kinect can be unplugged ALL THE TIME. I now cant share my games with people unless its a disc so my bro that lives out of the country for the time being wont be able to play some of the cool games that i can only really afford. BUT with all that now gone i have the following to say.

I AM GETTING BOTH BECAUSE BOTH WILL BE GOOD. Fan-boy is showing to much here. I look at it like this.....day one for XBOX i will be getting Forza 5 and dead rising 3. PS4 i will be getting only killzone.

Yep that's all. 3 games. Looks like xbox is winning but it is in the error bars and one game isn't a win.

LIST AS IT STANDS

3RD PARTY AND DOESN'T COUNT
DCUO,
FF14,
Planetside,
Warframe,
Playroom,
Diablo 3,
Injustice

THOSE ALREADY CAME OUT/ON PC. YEAH PREVIOUS GEN!!! I WANT SO BAD!

DONT CARE BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST NOT INTERESTING

Knack
Resogun
Contrast
Rime
Helldivers
Shadow of the beast
Yakuza Ishin
Deep Down
Soma
Everybodys Gone To Rapture

AND NOT LAUNCH BUT I WILL GET

inFAMOUS
The Order

THE xbox is slightly better.....the games that im looking forward to on Xbone are Titan fall does come out to microsoft products. SO it half counts?

and the rest are

Halo 5
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Forza 6 (bound to happen like mario or halo) but doesnt count because it doesn't count.
#134kalmeqPosted 10/19/2013 1:23:29 PM
Grif16 posted...
Im getting BOTH. Reason is i like games. I don't give a crap what system it is on as long as it is good. I was also all for the sharing AND requirements for the camera but now that is all gone. I don't need to have the cam connected and the kinect can be unplugged ALL THE TIME. I now cant share my games with people unless its a disc so my bro that lives out of the country for the time being wont be able to play some of the cool games that i can only really afford. BUT with all that now gone i have the following to say.

I AM GETTING BOTH BECAUSE BOTH WILL BE GOOD. Fan-boy is showing to much here. I look at it like this.....day one for XBOX i will be getting Forza 5 and dead rising 3. PS4 i will be getting only killzone.

Yep that's all. 3 games. Looks like xbox is winning but it is in the error bars and one game isn't a win.

LIST AS IT STANDS

3RD PARTY AND DOESN'T COUNT
DCUO,
FF14,
Planetside,
Warframe,
Playroom,
Diablo 3,
Injustice

THOSE ALREADY CAME OUT/ON PC. YEAH PREVIOUS GEN!!! I WANT SO BAD!

DONT CARE BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST NOT INTERESTING

Knack
Resogun
Contrast
Rime
Helldivers
Shadow of the beast
Yakuza Ishin
Deep Down
Soma
Everybodys Gone To Rapture

AND NOT LAUNCH BUT I WILL GET

inFAMOUS
The Order

THE xbox is slightly better.....the games that im looking forward to on Xbone are Titan fall does come out to microsoft products. SO it half counts?

and the rest are

Halo 5
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Forza 6 (bound to happen like mario or halo) but doesnt count because it doesn't count.

I agree getting both too. im waiting for killer instinct too.
#135Grif16Posted 10/19/2013 1:38:50 PM(edited)
And for everyone Still spreading as it currently is OR how it was, this is for you!

When XBONE had first been talked about and how it still is

1. You didn't NEED the camera connected
2. Used games were still allowed on the Xbone and you could sell your games too.
3. If the Cam is used it doesnt send ANY data unless you tell it it can.
4. you could let friends borrow Your games
5. you could tun on the xbox via the controller

Now for stuff that has changed.

1.Internet connection once every 24 hour period is GONE
2. sharing digital games is now GONE
3. The Zero requirement of game disc in the system is now GONE.
4. Cloud processing is NOW very LIMITED.

Lets also not forget that BOTH ps4 and 360 do have terrible online stores, OS's.

BOTH suffered from problems RED LIGHT OF DEATH and YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH.

As far as online gaming. Xbox costs will now equal that of ps4.

Also as far as servers have gone in the past. Xbox gets brought down once every 2-3months for maintenance at like 4am. AND WAS hacked and downed for 3 days.

Ps3 gets brought down for maintenance once every 4-5 months but was hacked and brought down for 3-4 MONTHS.

360 has had chat across games and even when you weren't in a game. Ps4 you had to either skype on a pc or mac, wait for the playstation menu to load to TEXT...or wait until you actually got in the SAME LOBBY to talk to ur buds. NOT EASY AT ALL WHEN SETTING UP GAMES WITH FRIENDS. IF YOU DONT HAVE THE GAME THEN TEXT IS ALL YOU HAVE.

Granted that is fixed in the ps4. SO there is a tie there.

I look at it like this what games did you want more. PS3 or 360 ones.

For me 360 rang closer to home, but that being said I still played a lot of ps3 games. Not even half of the 360's, but i enjoyed BOTH.
#136Drain_BeadPosted 10/19/2013 1:40:24 PM
Xbox One is the result of someone thinking that everyone wants to be reinserted back into the Matrix. Which isn't all bad. There are plenty of times I would like to be cocooned inside an impenetrable shell constantly nourished and being useful to a collective.

But when I play games, I like to be drunk and thinking about me and my fun-time :)
#137bksonic123Posted 10/19/2013 2:31:40 PM
Grif16 posted...
When XBONE had first been talked about and how it still is

1. You didn't NEED the camera connected

Nope. When they first announced the console, Kinect was required to be connected in order for the console to function. This is no longer the case now, however; Xbox One can now function without Kinect.

The rest of your argument is correct, though.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4352732/xbox-one-requires-kinect
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-requires-kinect-connection/
#138SilentS89Posted 10/19/2013 2:39:56 PM
SnowxReturns posted...
Normally, I don't pay much attention to random internet polls, but this time after seeing how one-sided the whole PS4 vs Xbox1 scenario is, I believe Microsoft should really start worrying.

This is a reasonable response. Trolls or not, Microsoft has lost poll after poll to the PS4.

Even if literally everyone was a troll, Microsoft should still be concerned because those trolls don't want their system.
#139harold317Posted 10/19/2013 3:05:03 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Microsoft messed it up at the launch and E3, which is when they lost a big part of their core audience: gamers.

They reversed a lot of stuff to catch up to the ps4, but it's still mostly build as a multimedia console instead of a gaming console.
So they might get attention and sales in a different market segment to catch up with the losses in the gamers segment, but I doubt that will happen simply because those different market segments usually just follow whatever is popular with their gamer friends.

The xbox itself isn't that bad, it's just not as good as the ps4 in terms of power, costs $100 more, has a mandatory camera that can stream personal data to Microsoft and has a very negative image attached to it thanks to Microsofts messing up.

Listen to this man.
#140OmegaTavoPosted 10/19/2013 3:34:13 PM
harold317 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Microsoft messed it up at the launch and E3, which is when they lost a big part of their core audience: gamers.

They reversed a lot of stuff to catch up to the ps4, but it's still mostly build as a multimedia console instead of a gaming console.
So they might get attention and sales in a different market segment to catch up with the losses in the gamers segment, but I doubt that will happen simply because those different market segments usually just follow whatever is popular with their gamer friends.

The xbox itself isn't that bad, it's just not as good as the ps4 in terms of power, costs $100 more, has a mandatory camera that can stream personal data to Microsoft and has a very negative image attached to it thanks to Microsofts messing up.

Listen to this man.

---
A proud contributor of the videogame industry since 1987