Is xbox one really that bad?

#161SilentS89Posted 10/19/2013 9:04:13 PM
shawntew9935 posted...
ITT...

PS4 is only excellent in comparison to the Xbone. It isn't that special on its own merits.
#162xio323Posted 10/19/2013 9:48:56 PM
Sinist3r_Blade posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
has a mandatory camera ...

Guess you haven't been paying attention:

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actually-need-kinect-plugged-in-microso-1113142909

Update and throw it back in the box. Problem solved.

he might've meant that the camera is mandatory to buy. can't buy a xbone without the kinect.
#163ScRuiPosted 10/19/2013 11:24:05 PM
Seems like this board hasn't changed one bit....

Same users saying the same things over and over and over.... Haven't been on this board for a few months and WOW... Pretty sad

Ooo and why are people still complaining about price? Cell phones are half these system's prices (with a plan ofcourse) yet people within 6 to 12 months go out and buy the 'new' versions without hesitation...

Stop using stupid arguments to support your views... If you can't afford 500$ for a system and another 200$ for a couple games and accessories for a system's launch every 10 years then stop gaming in general and use your money elsewhere... ****ing iPads/tablets etc.. are 600$ and people scoop them up like candy and they don't do half the **** these systems do...

Grow up and pay your way, stop complaining about companies for your ineptitude to support your habits...

Poor people don't exist in gaming industry: lazy, ego-stroking pessimists do... Majority of these posters fit the latter quite well...

*drops mic* ... I'm out #NoseDeep
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#164violentdissmayPosted 10/20/2013 12:12:01 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Microsoft messed it up at the launch and E3, which is when they lost a big part of their core audience: gamers.

They reversed a lot of stuff to catch up to the ps4, but it's still mostly build as a multimedia console instead of a gaming console.
So they might get attention and sales in a different market segment to catch up with the losses in the gamers segment, but I doubt that will happen simply because those different market segments usually just follow whatever is popular with their gamer friends.

The xbox itself isn't that bad, it's just not as good as the ps4 in terms of power, costs $100 more, has a mandatory camera that can stream personal data to Microsoft and has a very negative image attached to it thanks to Microsofts messing up.

I still see people talking about the camera as if its mandatory that it be installed to the system, it may (unfortunately) be mandatory to buy, but the Xbone will work without it installed
---
It's not good fences that make good neighbors. It's deceased neighbors that make good neighbors. - Rat
#165SoulTrapperPosted 10/20/2013 1:02:39 AM
Duke Arioch posted...

Developers aren't pushing these specs to their max right now, otherwise they wouldn't both claim no load times.

My point was that until they are out, we will not actually know. The specs aren't so dissimilar that you will be able to say one will run better with certainty. Games developed for Xbox One may run like garbage on PS4 despite the hardware advantage and visa versa. It will be a game by game basis, not some blanket statement that can simply be applied.

What you're saying now is that it all depends on the developers, which is true, but goes against your earlier statement that you can't tell whether one is better.

Objectively, the ps4 has superior hardware for video games.
It will be a game by game basis, based on the developer, not on the hardware, because the hardware of the ps4 is simply superior.

Microsoft themselves even acknowledged this.

TonyMontana916 posted...

No thank you. I don't go by tin foil hat excuses. The government can get your information in literally many ways of things that you use today, including that internet connection that you use to post on the internet.

You're right, they can get your info in dozens of ways.
Why give them yet another?
And might as well make it an HD infrared camera in your living room, to be sure you have 0 privacy left.

The PS4 also has the PS Eye that isn't mandatory, but if I had it who's not to say it isn't collecting my information for Sony? Can you prove otherwise? Just because Sony hasn't said anything about it doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I mean, if Sony Fanboys can *Assume* that Microsoft is going to sell my information to companies even though they already said they wouldn't do that, then I can safely *Assume* that Sony would do that since they haven't said word about doing that with their camera.

How is this relevant at all?

It's okay for Microsoft to do something bad because maybe Sony will do the same?

It's okay for Tommy to kill his cat, because Jimmy might do the same?

That's an incredibly dumb argument.

It's not okay if Sony would do this, it's not okay if Microsoft would do this.

violentdissmay posted...

I still see people talking about the camera as if its mandatory that it be installed to the system, it may (unfortunately) be mandatory to buy, but the Xbone will work without it installed

Yeah, let's pay $143 extra for something we don't want to use and will leave on a shelve.
Money well spend.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#166chrish909Posted 10/20/2013 2:12:59 AM
Soultrapper aka most desperate sony fanboy of all time

soultrapper, how upset were you when watch dogs and driveclub delays were announced?

Do you really have nothing to do but troll this board non stop?
---
Playstation 4. Home of Killzone Shadow FaIl.lol
#167Grif16Posted 10/20/2013 3:48:11 AM
bksonic123 posted...
Grif16 posted...
When XBONE had first been talked about and how it still is

1. You didn't NEED the camera connected

Nope. When they first announced the console, Kinect was required to be connected in order for the console to function. This is no longer the case now, however; Xbox One can now function without Kinect.

The rest of your argument is correct, though.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4352732/xbox-one-requires-kinect
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-requires-kinect-connection/

Please lists source material and not NEWS articles. Like the press release that Microsoft put out the day after their reveal. Go ahead and look it up. You can do it.
#168TaffmanGPosted 10/20/2013 4:00:05 AM
SoulTrapper was spot on right at the start.

MS messed up and they will be paying the price for a long time.
#169SoulTrapperPosted 10/20/2013 4:00:12 AM
chrish909 posted...

soultrapper, how upset were you when watch dogs and driveclub delays were announced?

Funny how you never actually have any arguments against my points and always just need to resort to personal attacks.

I'm no sony fanboy, I'm not getting a ps4. At this point, neither console has convinced me that it's worth the price tag.

And as far as I know, stating facts isn't trolling.
What you are doing, is trolling.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#170chrish909Posted 10/20/2013 4:26:06 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
chrish909 posted...

Funny how you never actually have any arguments against my points and always just need to resort to personal attacks.

I'm no sony fanboy, I'm not getting a ps4. At this point, neither console has convinced me that it's worth the price tag.

And as far as I know, stating facts isn't trolling.
What you are doing, is trolling.

Sorry about the personal attack, its just that after reading this entire topic you come off as a super desperate sony fanboy. I must have been wrong.

I asked if you have nothing better to do besides troll this board non stop, and you ignored the question, I must assume the answer is yes you do have nothing better to do. Sorry if this seems personal to you, Im just more interested in the mindset of someone like yourself.

I never really see you post anywhere but here. What are you a fan of? Pc? Ouya? Steambox?
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml