PS4 vs X1 Polls

#1prozac786Posted 10/19/2013 7:26:21 AM
I was comparing the recent two polls on Gamefaqs and found them very interesting.

Yesterday's poll, about the PS4:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5299

Today's poll, about the Xbox One:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5300

Both in favour of the PS4 by a large margin. Could this reflect actual consumer buying trends come launch day? Or do gamefaqs polls have no real relevance upon the gaming market?

Discuss
---
PSN Prozac786
#2whitelytningPosted 10/19/2013 7:28:23 AM
I would say the polls have little relevance. The people responding to polls on gamefaqs are not a representative sample of the actual market.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#3xHughJasxPosted 10/19/2013 7:31:20 AM
Hardcore gamers like the ones on this site only make up maybe 10% of overall gamers and sales of systems. Both systems will sell very well and do great. The Xbox one is just something people love to hate because people love jumping on bandwagons.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/19/2013 7:31:43 AM
TC, I'll be the first to answer your question. Since the numbers reflect that the Xbox One is a bad system the only real answers are, no it's not a bad statement. This is a Sony and Nintendo website and all those responses are indeed, trolls, yes! Thousands of trolls!
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#5vashtrichamPosted 10/19/2013 7:33:09 AM
whitelytning posted...
I would say the polls have little relevance. The people responding to polls on gamefaqs are not a representative sample of the actual market.

They are a small sample size of most of the actual market of gamers, every other poll from other gaming sites to just news sites are the same. Right now the public is pro ps4 deal with it
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#6axelfooley2k5Posted 10/19/2013 7:33:38 AM
dont think the casuals are different.........they dont care for xbone much either
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/19/2013 7:36:51 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
dont think the casuals are different.........they dont care for xbone much either

That is true, casuals go for the cheapest device. Only hardcore gamers would buy the Xbox One over a PS4, simply due to price.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#8prozac786(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 8:10:29 AM(edited)
I would disagree with the results being trolled comment. However I do agree that the gamefaqs users represent only a fraction of the total console gaming market, not even 10%, probably more closer to 0.1% or less, so they cannot be used to speak for the entire audience.

However sampling is done randomly to give the best results, and it is very unlikely that the majority of users that just so happen to randomly be on gamefaqs also happen to randomly prefer the PS4. Many other sites are also showing similar results in the PS4s favour.

It could indeed be simply by chance, or it could be a sign of a trend/pattern. The latter is more likely due to the total number of votes hitting above the 40,000 mark.

Thoughts?
---
PSN Prozac786
#9userfrigginamePosted 10/19/2013 7:47:09 AM(edited)
Little relevance. Look at how much ppl hate on CoD here, yet it's a big seller every year. Xbox One is like CoD, in that it still has a huge casual consumer base. However, expect plenty of Xbox users to switch over to PS, and not the other way around. My friend who only plays sports 'n shooters, is really thinkin hard about if he should stay on Xbox or switch to PS, cuz of the $100 difference.
#10prozac786(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 7:46:31 AM
userfrigginame posted...
Little relevance. Look at how much ppl hate on CoD here, yet it's a big seller every year. Xbox One is like CoD, in that it still has a huge casual consumer base.

Sound reasoning, I have to admit you do make a very fair point, but I think the purpose of hating CoD is more of an entitlement thing on gamefaqs and those views are rarely shared anywhere else. At least that has been my understanding of it based on the countless threads I've read.

However the X1 hate seems to be a lot more universal, shared not only on gamefaqs alone.
---
PSN Prozac786