Why does Microsoft dislike 'Xbone' so much?

#1GalvatronType_RPosted 10/19/2013 11:14:47 AM
Baghdad Larry, the biggest prevaricator in gaming today, especially hates it saying it disrespects the development team.

I find this curious since there are much bigger fish to fry and things to correct about the Xbone.
#2fretless58Posted 10/19/2013 11:16:52 AM
He's the only one who outright stated that he hates it, though. Some other Xbone official says he likes the name.
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
#3Dev0311Posted 10/19/2013 11:19:58 AM
They don't like Xbone anymore cause now it functions totally differently than what they originally intended.
#4slyman19Posted 10/19/2013 11:37:32 AM
When you work on a project for so long, you start to have an emotional attachment to it. You can bet if the situation was reversed and the PS4 was being made fun of, Cerny and Kaz would be whining also.
#5AwayFromHerePosted 10/19/2013 11:44:07 AM(edited)
slyman19 posted...
When you work on a project for so long, you start to have an emotional attachment to it. You can bet if the situation was reversed and the PS4 was being made fun of, Cerny and Kaz would be whining also.

Orbis. That got made fun of and that was just the project name.

These companies have teams of people coming up with names and variations, and if not one of them came up with XBOne in the drawing room, MS has only themselves to blame.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#6slyman19Posted 10/19/2013 11:55:59 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
slyman19 posted...

Orbis. That got made fun of and that was just the project name.

These companies have teams of people coming up with names and variations, and if not one of them came up with XBOne in the drawing room, MS has only themselves to blame.

The name Orbis wasn`t made fun of to the extent the "XBone" name has(I don`t remember anyone making fun of the Orbis name, but it probably did happen).

You second point is irrelevant to what I said.
#7GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 1:17:55 PM
I still don't see how 'Xbone" disrespects the development team.

As usual, Baghdad Larry is full of crap and every time his lips move, a new lie is born and another kitten dies.
#8whitelytningPosted 10/20/2013 1:24:29 PM(edited)
I feel like because they have adult jobs, they think like an adult. A juvenile play on words, like xbone, is just not very interesting and does nothing more than show ones immaturity when using them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#9Laylow12Posted 10/20/2013 1:38:30 PM
XBONE is the name it will always be remembered by when we look back at what a disastrous console it was. It's like Fords Edsel, synonymous with disaster.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#10Lefty128kPosted 10/20/2013 2:35:52 PM
PSone
XBone

Seems like the right way to abbreviate it's name to me.