If you think this system is "bad" can you please define "bad" for us.

#1whitelytningPosted 10/19/2013 11:16:22 AM
You think this system is "bad" but no one knows what "bad" means.

How do you define "bad?" The better question is probably how do you define "good."

Its hard to take any of you seriously without knowing what "bad" or "good" means because this system isn't out yet. The public has not played it so what about this system is good or bad? It seems most of you are just pretending you know what it will be like and then making a conclusion based on that made up fantasy. Why should anyone take you seriously if that is what you are basing your opinion on?
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#2ImsimplePosted 10/19/2013 11:22:16 AM
I do not nor should anyone else I hated the 360 it's rlod ect. But the one no issues this stuff is just dumb.
---
So sorry for my poor grammar auto correct plus big fingers plus iPhone equals wtf.
Psn Makbains-ghosts
#3Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/19/2013 11:28:40 AM
duh, if we don't like something, that means it's bad: homework, gurlz, vegetables, bedtimes, and xbones.
#4Nerreltron9000Posted 10/19/2013 11:35:35 AM(edited)
Hmmm...

Costing $100 more than the competition while offering less power (even if by a narrow margin).

Bundling a piece of **** camera system (based of personal experience) with every unit sold, regardless of the fact that the majority of users don't want it.

Putting nearly every feature behind a paywall while simultaneously being the only company to have ads plastered all over its home screen.

Using a controller design from 1997, largely unaltered, for the third time in a row.

Having a core feature set based around something as mundane as an HDMI pass through.

Running Windows 8. If you don't know why this is a bad thing, you don't have Windows 8.

I wouldn't necessarily define it as a bad console, but just woefully unappealing next to the competition. But hey, maybe that's just me. I don't know if anyone else has ever made these criticisms.
#5MrImpatient35Posted 10/19/2013 11:35:18 AM
I'm gonna try to sum up the X1 hatred.

The common complaint about Kinect is that is wont do anything to make games more fun or different. I definitely disagree with this, but to each your own. I personally think Xbox Fitness and D4 will make great use of Kinect, but whatever. They also still talk about the spying thing, even though that complaint has been addressed MANY TIMES months ago, both on this board and by MS.

The other thing was the DRM thing. People say how this will be turned back on after people buy X1. I'm not too sure about this one. I mean, I didn't like it at all (before is was taken back), but I didn't like some of the features that MS was planning to include with it, like game sharing and being able to play any game you installed without the disc in the tray. It's not a huge thing, but I liked it.

Then there's the "MOAH POWAH" thing. Sane Sony fans usually say that even with the better hardware, they couldn't imagine there being a HUGE difference in graphics between the systems. I've even seen videos on Youtube from obviously Sony gamers who say the same thing.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness, and maybe Crimson Dragon
#6stekim40Posted 10/19/2013 11:42:59 AM(edited)
I can only list things I personally dislike

(Speaking as a huge Xbox-Xbox 360 fan!)

1: Kinect

This is a stupid gimmick thats used for pathetic dance games and other trash, along with 1-2 vague functions in other games. I do not want this, it was fine with my 360, I did not want the kinect so I did not buy it. But now its forced on you and you can say 'you can unplug it' as much as you like, I don't want to pay for something that I'll never use.. also I don't trust MS not to 'force' its usage some way down the line. also I do not want whats basicially a 'spy camera' in my house. Before whiners get on again.. No.. I don't have a mobile phone, so no camera there, No.. I don't have a laptop as I hate them, Yes I have a PC but I do not own a web cam and never will.

2: Trust

I admit to being a Microsoft fan in the past, I bought the original Xbox day one, I queued up at 5am to buy a day one Xbox 360. I still love my 360 and its my 4th one!! But I have really gone off Microsoft, the DRM they tried to push on people, the Kinect with its monitoring and focused advertising.. Sorry but no.. I simply do not trust the company anymore. They can say 'day 1 patch' to remove DRM now, but it can just as easily be patched back in. after MANY years, I am no longer willing to buy their products

3: Focus

I am a gamer at heart, I love games.. truly I do love them. I have been playing games since first getting an Atari 2600 for christmas in 1977. I game EVERY day.. in fact the only days I didn't play some sort of game in the last 10 years was when I was unconcious in hospital.

I as a gamer feel that Microsoft have been distracted by Apple, they are now trying to do an all-in-one machine and that does not interest me. I am a gamer, all I care about are games!
TV mostly sucks and if I wanted to watch TV I'd you know.. turn my TV on.. Sports I don't give a damn about and all the social crap like faecesbook, twitter and youtube streaming can go jump in a lake. I don't want it and I don't care about it.

Sony next gen have my money.. and thats surprising as I always assumed I'd simply buy the next Xbox.. but Microsoft screwed up big time.. Sony seems to be focused on gaming, so for that fact alone they get my money.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#7BigAl519Posted 10/19/2013 11:37:27 AM(edited)
Imsimple posted...
I do not nor should anyone else I hated the 360 it's rlod ect. But the one no issues this stuff is just dumb.

First, the one isn't out yet so using the RROD as an example then saying the One has no issues is moot. The one could have a massive failure rate for all you know.

Also its MS in general that is bad, the One is just the system they decided to screw up royally with.
. Trying to force policies on gamers is bad to most free thinking people.
. Focusing more on TV than video games is also bad for a gaming console.
. Forcing us to buy a addon that most of us do not want.
. Shipping a dead console that cannot be used until its updated is also bad.
. Hiding everything, even Netflix, behind live gold (paywall) is bad. Multiplayer online I can understand, servers are not free. But to hide applications that you already pay monthly for behind another monthly fee is just highway robbery.

Those are some of the more significant reasons, but there are many more. Real gamers just want to pick up a controller and game. We don't want to have to jump through all the hoops that MS keeps putting up. Sure there will always be good little sheep who do, but obviously the majority don't want that. That's why MS and the One are bad and why its going to be well behind the PS4 and Wii U in sales. Sony and Nintendo are focused on gaming with extras thrown in after the fact.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#8Thewinner14Posted 10/19/2013 11:42:06 AM
The console itself isn't bad, there's just been too much negativity about it, if anything is going to bring the console down it's that.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/19/2013 11:42:08 AM
BigAl519 posted...
First, the one isn't out yet so using the RROD as an example then saying the One has no issues is moot.
moot = open for debate
#10Dannyson97Posted 10/19/2013 11:52:15 AM
The Xbox One simply pales in comparison to the PS4, everyone else here stated the reasons why the Xbox is just not as good, the only things I can think of going for it are it's games and apperently better controller, but even that is extremely opinionated. It's market limited to being largely American.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.