If you think this system is "bad" can you please define "bad" for us.

#21Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/19/2013 1:28:49 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
whitelytning posted...
What does "bad" mean. You are all listing things that you dislike about the system.

What's bad:

-Price: higher than competition, lesser hardware
-Mandatory peripheral (kinect)
-Focus on multimedia
-Microsoft tried to implement mandatory DRM and 24-hour check-ins
#22whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 1:51:52 PM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...

What's bad:

-Price: higher than competition, lesser hardware
-Mandatory peripheral (kinect)
-Focus on multimedia
-Microsoft tried to implement mandatory DRM and 24-hour check-ins

Again, just because you don't like something doesn't mean its bad.

Price -- fine. Its objective. The price is more, This is a negative and bad thing although you can also argue that these are different products and they shouldn't necessarily be the same price. .
Kinect -- subjective. I, like other people, am looking forward to what the kinect will bring.
Focus on multi-media -- subjective, some people could be looking forward to that and think it is "good".
DRM -- this is subjective too. Some people like myself, don't care what they did or didn't say they were going to do and instead care about the product as it actually is.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#23SoulTrapperPosted 10/19/2013 1:51:33 PM
whitelytning posted...

Again, just because you don't like something doesn't mean its bad.

Price -- fine. Its objective. The price is more, This is a negative and bad thing although you can also argue that these are different product and they shouldn't necessarily be the same price. .
Kinect -- subjective. I, like other people, am looking forward to what the kinect will bring.
Focus on multi-media -- subjective some people could be looking forward to that and think it is "good".
DRM -- this subjective too. Some people like myself, don't care what they did or didn't say they were going to do and instead care about the product as it actually is.

Kinect -- subjective. I, like other people, am looking forward to what the kinect will bring

You could have gotten a kinect if they didn't make it mandatory as well.
Making it mandatory, even for people who don't want one, is objectively bad.

Focus on multi-media -- subjective some people could be looking forward to that and think it is "good".

You're right: it's only bad if you want a video game console.
I was looking at this from a gamer perspective.

DRM -- this subjective too. Some people like myself, don't care what they did or didn't say they were going to do and instead care about the product as it actually is.

Depends, the DRM itself clearly wasn't good, since they removed it.
But right now, it is indeed subjective.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#24LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 10/19/2013 2:02:07 PM
whitelytning posted...
You think this system is "bad" but no one knows what "bad" means.

How do you define "bad?" The better question is probably how do you define "good."

Its hard to take any of you seriously without knowing what "bad" or "good" means because this system isn't out yet. The public has not played it so what about this system is good or bad? It seems most of you are just pretending you know what it will be like and then making a conclusion based on that made up fantasy. Why should anyone take you seriously if that is what you are basing your opinion on?

++++++1!!

A++++++
---
Look out!
#25whitelytning(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 2:03:06 PM(edited)
If I think having the kinect be mandatory to incorporate voice control and lead developers in a way to incorporate it into games is a good thing then having it optional is not...an option and that is in fact subjective. My opinion vs. yours. No winner. Not good, not bad.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#26JohnHalo343Posted 10/19/2013 2:04:12 PM
No one here can explain why this console is bad without making a comparison to the PS4.

Congratulations TC, you win and they fail.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#27Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/19/2013 2:15:27 PM
JohnHalo343 posted...
No one here can explain why this console is bad without making a comparison to the PS4.
like this? http://i.imgur.com/XlSEwnG.jpg
#28JohnHalo343Posted 10/19/2013 2:19:05 PM
Yeah, I don't Click links posted on this site.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#29Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/19/2013 2:22:22 PM
JohnHalo343 posted...
Yeah, I don't Click links posted on this site.
smart. although, with text-to-image i don't really need to do much of that either.
#300TiamaT0Posted 10/19/2013 3:05:24 PM
"Bad" is Microsoft deciding that Kinect "exclusives" were good enough to compete with games like Last of Us.

"Bad" are the attempts Microsoft will make to force motion controls into games much like Nintendo did with the Wii. Since everyone will be forced to have one, this is a real possibility.

"Bad" is the fact that Microsoft dropped the majority of it's fan base in favor of casuals and douchebag hipsters. Boy are they lining up to pre-order, huh?
---
Myths, Lies and complete stupidity barely scratch the surface of your ignorance.