Will Xbox One sell more than a million units this holiday?

#1Second_HokagePosted 10/19/2013 4:00:38 PM
What do you think?
#2whitelytningPosted 10/19/2013 4:20:54 PM
Yes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#3melbye80Posted 10/19/2013 4:21:19 PM
No
#4ryugambaPosted 10/19/2013 4:40:20 PM
Worlwide?
Yes.
#5An_EthiopianPosted 10/19/2013 4:44:28 PM
I'd say about 350,000 units. 1,000,000 is a long shot, especially when the PS4 releases a week earlier AT $100 less expensive.
---
The statement below me is true.
The statement above me is false.
#6ryugambaPosted 10/19/2013 4:51:09 PM
350k? Are you kidding?
People are losing their mind these days with all that PS4 pre order non sense.

Hey, back in 2005 the 360 sold 1,178,267 units in two month, with major shortage.
#7jastenPosted 10/19/2013 4:58:48 PM
Initial demand should be high enough... just like the Wii U. After that though, we get to see which wants to be worse.. the One or the Wii U. There is just very little to the Xbox One to sustain demand, especially when you consider it really only has one country it was, in any way, possible to "dominate". That is at best, equal now, and quite possibly lagging now in the US as well. I would not be surprised to see lifetime sales equal to the original xbox.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#8FusionCPosted 10/19/2013 5:02:27 PM
jasten posted...
Initial demand should be high enough... just like the Wii U. After that though, we get to see which wants to be worse.. the One or the Wii U. There is just very little to the Xbox One to sustain demand, especially when you consider it really only has one country it was, in any way, possible to "dominate". That is at best, equal now, and quite possibly lagging now in the US as well. I would not be surprised to see lifetime sales equal to the original xbox.

With the XB1 being the console that MLG uses for FPS the dudebros alone will buy more than the original xbox sold.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#9jastenPosted 10/19/2013 5:07:14 PM
FusionC posted...
jasten posted...

With the XB1 being the console that MLG uses for FPS the dudebros alone will buy more than the original xbox sold.

Not necessarily. Roughly 20 million units sold is more than enough to house the amount of hardcore MLG enthusiasts if that is the only system they use. Even still, they will not bump up the total much. There are not tens of millions of MLG fanatics to be quite honest. Just like Nintendo is finding out their hardcore base is nothing special anymore and not buying up systems in any significant number to offset the people sick of their rather stale practices with their console hardware.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/19/2013 8:45:57 PM
ryugamba posted...
350k? Are you kidding?
People are losing their mind these days with all that PS4 pre order non sense.

Hey, back in 2005 the 360 sold 1,178,267 units in two month, with major shortage.

The 360 was also $300 and $400.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!