Transferring games from xbox 360 to xbox 1

#31Laylow12Posted 10/20/2013 2:09:21 PM
Microsoft will gladly resell you games you bought previously in accordance with its remunerative policy.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#32Theninja2004Posted 10/21/2013 12:47:14 PM
Telerium posted...
DXiRoNMaN posted...
Muryo posted...
djruden posted...
Just to clear things up since there's a lot of misinformation in this thread:

Wii U is backwards compatible. You can transfer all your Wii's downloaded games and also playing any Wii disc based game on it. It is 100% BC with the previous generation and all downloadable titles.

Xbone, on the other hand, isn't technically a gaming machine but rather an extension of a cable box, with TV, football, and the american police state/surveillance society in mind. It just happens to also play CoD games. Therefore it was not made with gaming in mind and has no backwards compatibility to Xbox 360 games.

This.

Also while the PS4 won't be backwards compatible nor allow transfer of digital games, Sony is focusing every effort into making it a gaming machine which places gamers best interests as priority.

the gamer's best interests? like having to re-buy digital games?

You won't have to with Gaikai, mentioned it earlier in this thread. If you've bought games digitally for PS3 or PSN games they'll be available for free on Gaikai.

I don't think Sony ever actually said it would be free to get them. I expect it to be like a subscription service tbh.
---
Gamertag : Slashingwind
#33RybalPosted 10/21/2013 12:52:49 PM
Telerium posted...
You won't have to with Gaikai, mentioned it earlier in this thread. If you've bought games digitally for PS3 or PSN games they'll be available for free on Gaikai.

I'm getting a PS4 and have been paying attention to pretty much all of the news on both consoles and this is the first time that I've seen this. Unless you have a source to back it up, I'm going to chalk it up to unfounded speculation and rumor and wait for something official.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#34sworderPosted 10/21/2013 12:54:38 PM
Natatteru posted...
ITT: People who think power determines the generation a console belongs in.

let me fix this

ITT: Boners offended because a poster singled out the XBOX in the XBOX board
#35MuryoPosted 10/21/2013 1:58:26 PM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
Muryo posted...
djruden posted...
Just to clear things up since there's a lot of misinformation in this thread:

Wii U is backwards compatible. You can transfer all your Wii's downloaded games and also playing any Wii disc based game on it. It is 100% BC with the previous generation and all downloadable titles.

Xbone, on the other hand, isn't technically a gaming machine but rather an extension of a cable box, with TV, football, and the american police state/surveillance society in mind. It just happens to also play CoD games. Therefore it was not made with gaming in mind and has no backwards compatibility to Xbox 360 games.

This.

Also while the PS4 won't be backwards compatible nor allow transfer of digital games, Sony is focusing every effort into making it a gaming machine which places gamers best interests as priority.

the gamer's best interests? like having to re-buy digital games?

Let's see:

-Sony did NOT create a console that tries to be a cable box and regarded gaming as an aftertought.

-Sony did NOT insult their fanbase with idiotic pr.

-Sony did NOT backtrack on nearly EVERYTHING their console was about after getting low preorder numbers and backlash..

-Sony did NOT force a camera down their fanbase's troats and jacking up the price.

-Sony did NOT locked a significant amount of features behind a paywall, some of those features people ALREADY pay for.

-Sony did NOT plan for their console to force a mandatory online download of the missing os and removal of the drm.

Sony did NOT allow their launch games to be incomplete or with massive dependence of dlc to have lasting appeal.

So yep, what Sony is NOT doing it's actually benefitting the gamers, MS in the other hand.....
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#36TeleriumPosted 10/21/2013 3:42:41 PM(edited)
Theninja2004 posted...

I don't think Sony ever actually said it would be free to get them. I expect it to be like a subscription service tbh.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/18/game-all-ps3-digital-content-will-transfer-over-to-ps4/
#37flipmode_1Posted 10/22/2013 10:04:53 PM
Telerium posted...
Theninja2004 posted...

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/18/game-all-ps3-digital-content-will-transfer-over-to-ps4/

There's an update to that article. None of it is true.
---
GT-Flip Munk PSN-Flip-Munk 3DS-4382-1981-6727
Favorites- (1)God of War Series (2)BioShock (3)The Warriors (4) Red Dead Redemption (5)TMNT TiT (6)GTA III
#38TeleriumPosted 10/23/2013 12:03:58 AM
:'(

Yeah I don't know if they'll be able to carry over now after all, but all PS1/2/3 games should still be available. They said that way back in the reveal.
#39FoppePosted 10/23/2013 12:34:14 AM
It would cost too much to get the licenses for all PS1/2/3 games.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#40Joey-ZazaPosted 10/25/2013 8:26:32 AM
Yeah I outgrew Wii U when I turned 14 because only the cool kids in high school own a PS4 I want to be cool.

*begins song*

HIGH SCHOOL... OOOOOH. THESE PROBLEMS MATTER.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-