Kinect 2 cost VS Xbox One console cost

#1MilesTeg420Posted 10/20/2013 4:32:43 AM
How do you think the split equals out? Something like console $299, Kinect 2 $199? Will MS sell them seperate some day or is $299 just too close to 360?
#2chrish909Posted 10/20/2013 4:46:36 AM
I cant believe this actually isnt a troll topic.

imo, although kinect is unpopular, ms invested too much money in it to have it be an optional accessory. I'd say around holiday season next year, maybe not until 2015, they will release a kinect-less version of x1 for 299$.

Imo It will be worth it in the long run. Devs can include kinect features without having to worry weather people have the accessory or not. Kinect could blow up and become hugely popular.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#3SoulTrapperPosted 10/20/2013 5:04:30 AM
You pay around $140 for the kinect now that it's included with the console.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#4Shacky_101Posted 10/20/2013 5:43:27 AM
Well they did say that the kinect cost just as much as the X1.
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#50TiamaT0Posted 10/20/2013 6:37:15 AM
chrish909 posted...
I cant believe this actually isnt a troll topic.

imo, although kinect is unpopular, ms invested too much money in it to have it be an optional accessory. I'd say around holiday season next year, maybe not until 2015, they will release a kinect-less version of x1 for 299$.

Imo It will be worth it in the long run. Devs can include kinect features without having to worry weather people have the accessory or not. Kinect could blow up and become hugely popular.

But they knew it was unpopular on the 360. They knew their customers were angry that MS was spending money to make Kinect "exclusives" while Sony gave theirs Uncharted and Last of Us. So how could they invest all of that money in something they knew nobody wanted to buy?

Microsoft brought all this trouble on themselves when they decided what their customers wanted for them, instead of doing what was best for business. There are a ton of people out there that had no interest in a PS4 that are now buying them instead of a One. That is entirely on MS.
---
Myths, Lies and complete stupidity barely scratch the surface of your ignorance.
#6TwinmoldPosted 10/20/2013 8:00:57 AM
while Sony gave theirs Uncharted and Last of Us.

Lol, nobody but die hard ponies say that the Last of Us or Uncharted are system sellers.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#7zephirrainesPosted 10/20/2013 8:37:17 AM
Twinmold posted...

Lol, nobody but die hard ponies say that the Last of Us or Uncharted are system sellers.

I love how people claim kinect failed when it was a huge success and games like dance central with a smaller install base outsold infamous .
#80TiamaT0Posted 10/20/2013 8:50:53 AM
Twinmold posted...

How much of a fanboy are you, that you would prefer Kinect games over Last of Us or Uncharted? I've never played either one. Why? Because I bought a 360 and look what I got for it... Kiddie/casual garbage.

Go ahead, trash games that are universally praised, while defending games that are made for the lowest common denominator. I am dying to hear this.
---
Myths, Lies and complete stupidity barely scratch the surface of your ignorance.
#9TwinmoldPosted 10/20/2013 10:18:48 AM
How much of a fanboy are you, that you would prefer Kinect games over Last of Us or Uncharted?

Forza, Gears of War, Halo, aren't Kinect games. These games are system sellers. People buy systems for these games and the sales show it. Sony lacks any big multiplayer exclusive and it shows. Those are the games that sell systems. The ones that people see at a friend's house and are like, "I want to play this with you, I have to buy this."
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#10Dannyson97Posted 10/20/2013 10:32:18 AM(edited)
Twinmold posted...
How much of a fanboy are you, that you would prefer Kinect games over Last of Us or Uncharted?

Forza, Gears of War, Halo, aren't Kinect games. These games are system sellers. People buy systems for these games and the sales show it. Sony lacks any big multiplayer exclusive and it shows. Those are the games that sell systems. The ones that people see at a friend's house and are like, "I want to play this with you, I have to buy this."

I have this on stand by,
http://forums.digitalwarfare247.com/topic/54096-playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-retail-exclusives-in-euus-2010-2013/
Also Halo is a dying Multiplayer Ip.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.