As release is drawing near, any of you considering cancelling your preorders?

#1IminyourclosetPosted 10/20/2013 6:49:14 AM(edited)
We still don't know how the game devs are going to divide their attention between consoles. Most will either go multiplat or release on PS4 only (or PS4+PC), and a rare few will actively seek to release on the X1 only (most probably being paid by microsoft to do so). Spending $500 on a console and finding there are barely any games you want to play would be a massive waste/hassle.

Similarly, it's possible there are still hardware faults with the X1s that will not have been fixed by launch. And don't say microsoft wouldn't do that, because they did before, and development was rushed this time, while repeatedly trying to boost the performance to match the PS4.

The smart move would be to cancel the preorder and buy it again later, unless there are some launch games you just need to play as soon as you can. It's even possible that soon after launch, a kinect-free bundle will be released, or that there'll be thousands of nearly-unused X1s on ebay for half the price.

Surely wait-and-see is the best option?
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#2soysaucemanPosted 10/20/2013 6:51:00 AM
I'm def buying either an X1 or PS4 on release to play Battlefiled 4 but if one turns out to have better resolution or something I will go with that console. Also I like a game of Forza so maybe X1
#3billsfanno1Posted 10/20/2013 6:54:13 AM
Not a chance in hell I'm cancelling. XB1 is on a roll with good news, poor timing TC.

Anyone cancelling their pre-order now -- please do others a service and announce where it is being cancelled so people still trying to get a day one system have a chance.
#4htkaPosted 10/20/2013 6:59:26 AM
Nope, keeping both my xbox one preorders open to make sure I get one. Have zero plans on buying a PS4, my PS3 is a 3D Blu-ray player only.
#5M3h0rnPosted 10/20/2013 8:43:42 AM
Not cancelling but I'm hoping to re-sell it to some sucker. Got both PS4 and XB1 pre-ordered @ Best Buy but only keeping PS4.
---
A$AP
#6LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 10/20/2013 8:45:56 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
Not a chance in hell I'm cancelling. XB1 is on a roll with good news, poor timing TC.

Anyone cancelling their pre-order now -- please do others a service and announce where it is being cancelled so people still trying to get a day one system have a chance.

This! Day One BABY!
---
Look out!
#7fallangePosted 10/20/2013 8:47:59 AM
Iminyourcloset posted...
We still don't know how the game devs are going to divide their attention between consoles. Most will either go multiplat or release on PS4 only (or PS4+PC), and a rare few will actively seek to release on the X1 only (most probably being paid by microsoft to do so). Spending $500 on a console and finding there are barely any games you want to play would be a massive waste/hassle.

Similarly, it's possible there are still hardware faults with the X1s that will not have been fixed by launch. And don't say microsoft wouldn't do that, because they did before, and development was rushed this time, while repeatedly trying to boost the performance to match the PS4.

The smart move would be to cancel the preorder and buy it again later, unless there are some launch games you just need to play as soon as you can. It's even possible that soon after launch, a kinect-free bundle will be released, or that there'll be thousands of nearly-unused X1s on ebay for half the price.

Surely wait-and-see is the best option?

Time to come out of the closet pal!
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#8Orange_ApplesPosted 10/20/2013 8:49:36 AM
billsfanno1 posted...

Already did. Preordered from the Microsoft store website.

The only games I wanted from XB1 are project spark and titanfall, both of which are coming to PC.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#9slyman19Posted 10/20/2013 10:23:20 AM
The only games that have a chance of not being on X1 are indie games and Japanese games. I hate both, so it would be better for me to stick with the X1.
#10MrImpatient35Posted 10/20/2013 10:37:36 AM
billsfanno1 posted...

I'm with this guy. No way I'm cancelling now. Like my name implies, I'm not willing to wait to play games like Dead Rising 3 and Black Flag. They look AWESOME! I need to play them right now!
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness, and maybe Crimson Dragon