As release is drawing near, any of you considering cancelling your preorders?

#31BadLuckIncPosted 10/24/2013 6:13:02 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
triple s posted...
I had both preordered from Amazon and really wanted to get both but decided to go with the one that had more games coming out on it within the first 6 months that I'm into. The Xbox One it was. Kind of funny with all the negative comments on how the Xbox One was somehow less focused on games than the PS4.

That argument blows my mind! How is X1 NOT a gaming system? It's almost as if Forza 5, Killer Instinct 3, Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Black Flag, and Crimson Dragon don't exist. I'm getting AT LEAST two of those.

I think they're mainly focused on the fact that it does other things than just gaming, like the whole TV thing, supporting W8 apps, Skype, Xbox Fitness, etc.

People get butthurt when (Exhibit A) has way more choices and features to diversify itself where as (Exibit B) does not.

"NObody wants those features!" Well I'm a SOMEbody and I do =) 28 days to go for North America!
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#32Exodus_PrimePosted 10/24/2013 7:01:30 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
Eh I was gonna cancel the ps4 pre order but ive built enough free AZ credit to get it dirt cheap so I dont care if it just sits collecting dust. Im actually rather excited for some of the stupid indie games like Outlast. Id be better off waiting a year and nabbing one for cheaper with a bigger hd but im bored in life so why not.

Maybe we can finally play a game together after you get your Xbox One lol
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#33benjimainPosted 10/24/2013 7:10:50 AM
I cancelled mine as soon as the 720p leak came about. Microsoft have seriously dropped the ball this entire gen.
#34Special-EddPosted 10/24/2013 7:42:17 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Nope, after paying off my PS4 last night I now have both consoles paid in full. November 15th can't get here soon enough so I can play some Killzone while awaiting my Xbox One to arrive a week later. :)

Other than having the Xbox one paid in full (pesky sales tax) this is precisely what my plan is.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#35Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 5:01:23 AM
I completely stole this from the other topic

http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/10/call-of-duty-ghosts-may-be-confirmed-at-720p-on-xbox-one/

If you’re OK with 720p content being upscaled to 1080p on the next-generation system you just spent $500 for, none of this should bug you. But if you want a real next-generation system, not one that runs games at the same resolution as the Xbox 360, this is something that should really piss you off. Especially since Microsoft is forcing the press to not talk about it until the system and games are released and they’ve ran to the bank with your money.

Also:

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%
PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%
PS4: 72 Texture units +50%
PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +300%

Why are you giving microsoft your money? They neither need nor deserve it.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#36InjusticeRebornPosted 10/26/2013 6:16:05 AM
benjimain posted...
I cancelled mine as soon as the 720p leak came about. Microsoft have seriously dropped the ball this entire gen.

Ignoring the obvious TC, but, this is pretty much my stance.

I've had both pre-ordered, and was ready to cancel the PS4 (due to lack of games of my liking), but unless an official response comes out saying otherwise against these rumours, I'll be cancelling both, and just wait for the PS4 to get some exclusives I like.
#37Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 6:29:51 AM(edited)
I'm being very obvious, I think it's a mistake to buy an X1 and I hope you reconsider. Or at the very least, wait until you get all the facts.

Edit: More crapping on the X1:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67624643
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#38Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 10:38:34 AM
http://www.gamepur.com/news/12569-cod-ghosts-and-battlefield-4-runs-720p-xbox-one-claims-former-ign-journalis.html
---
#39GambitbuzzkillPosted 10/27/2013 12:01:47 PM
Iminyourcloset posted...
I completely stole this from the other topic

http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/10/call-of-duty-ghosts-may-be-confirmed-at-720p-on-xbox-one/

If you’re OK with 720p content being upscaled to 1080p on the next-generation system you just spent $500 for, none of this should bug you. But if you want a real next-generation system, not one that runs games at the same resolution as the Xbox 360, this is something that should really piss you off. Especially since Microsoft is forcing the press to not talk about it until the system and games are released and they’ve ran to the bank with your money.

Also:

Xbone: 1.18 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%
PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%
PS4: 72 Texture units +50%
PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +300%

Why are you giving microsoft your money? They neither need nor deserve it.

My man give it a rest why you even care what others are buying with their own money. Who really cares, If they want a PS4,Wii u, Gaming PC hell even a handheld they will go out and buy one so what the point of this. I'm so sick of all these fake PS4 sales men.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#40EGMRULZPosted 10/27/2013 12:50:05 PM
Iminyourcloset posted...
We still don't know how the game devs are going to divide their attention between consoles. Most will either go multiplat or release on PS4 only (or PS4+PC), and a rare few will actively seek to release on the X1 only (most probably being paid by microsoft to do so). Spending $500 on a console and finding there are barely any games you want to play would be a massive waste/hassle.

Similarly, it's possible there are still hardware faults with the X1s that will not have been fixed by launch. And don't say microsoft wouldn't do that, because they did before, and development was rushed this time, while repeatedly trying to boost the performance to match the PS4.

The smart move would be to cancel the preorder and buy it again later, unless there are some launch games you just need to play as soon as you can. It's even possible that soon after launch, a kinect-free bundle will be released, or that there'll be thousands of nearly-unused X1s on ebay for half the price.

Surely wait-and-see is the best option?

Just reading this post got my friend nervous and upset! PRE-ORDER CANCELLED!!!