Would the removal of the forced kinect bundle be better or worse for you?

#21hiplockPosted 10/20/2013 8:03:44 PM
I voted better. I just don't really have any interest in motion gaming. Or any of the features Kinect has to offer.
#22ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 10/20/2013 8:21:18 PM
I chose better, since I'm not really interested in any motion features, and therefore I don't way to pay an extra $100 for them.
#23Reflex-ArcPosted 10/20/2013 8:31:18 PM
I'm purchasing the console as is, but I would prefer it without Kinect if it ended up cheaper without it. I just know I won't end up using it much if at all. I have no use for voice controls, and beyond that, I have very little faith that developers are going to do much to make use of the unit beyond what we saw with its predecessor.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#24SilentS89Posted 10/20/2013 8:41:47 PM(edited)
Hilariously better actually.

A $350 Xbone without Kinect would be a force to be reckoned with.

EDIT: Only a $100 price drop? Well, then it would be the same price as the PS4, which has superior specs. Eh, it would be better but still a bad deal compared to the PS4.
#25TheM00dPosted 10/20/2013 9:17:44 PM
ArkonBlade posted...
Making Kinect optional would only help the xbone. Most people do not want it despite what fanboys will say. Kinect is not the future it has no future in gaming. Its only use will be for voice commands and navigating the Xbone. Also the Price drop will help ALOT. They need to slash it by at least $100 but I'd say more like $150.

Depending on MS's stubbornness I expect to see this happen by next year some time or the latest some time in 2015. Though I would bet there will be a price drop by end of next year for sure on it.

At this point, having an optional Kinect in no way helps the Xbox One. Whether you like the peripheral or not, think about the message that it sends to consumers and developers. "That hardware that we said was so important, yeah that piece of hardware that you no longer have to plug in, well now you don't even need to buy it. Sorry everyone."

The only way to make the Kinect relevant or useful is to make sure every Xbox One owner has one. When game developers go about making a game, they don't have to decide to scrap Kinect functionality because they are unsure of the install base. Not only does this waste game development time and resources, it ostracizes those who where early adopters of your system.

I don't want a Kinect because motion controls are the future of gaming, I don't think they are at all. I've used the original Kinect and I think it was a gimmick then and it still seems like a gimmick now. I want a Kinect for menu and navigation functionality, as well as other abilities it will have down the road.

The only thing that would actually help the Xbox One would be a price drop which will surely happen.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#26Hvv0l24n9Posted 10/20/2013 9:19:42 PM
TheM00d posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
Making Kinect optional would only help the xbone. Most people do not want it despite what fanboys will say. Kinect is not the future it has no future in gaming. Its only use will be for voice commands and navigating the Xbone. Also the Price drop will help ALOT. They need to slash it by at least $100 but I'd say more like $150.

Depending on MS's stubbornness I expect to see this happen by next year some time or the latest some time in 2015. Though I would bet there will be a price drop by end of next year for sure on it.

At this point, having an optional Kinect in no way helps the Xbox One. Whether you like the peripheral or not, think about the message that it sends to consumers and developers. "That hardware that we said was so important, yeah that piece of hardware that you no longer have to plug in, well now you don't even need to buy it. Sorry everyone."

The only way to make the Kinect relevant or useful is to make sure every Xbox One owner has one. When game developers go about making a game, they don't have to decide to scrap Kinect functionality because they are unsure of the install base. Not only does this waste game development time and resources, it ostracizes those who where early adopters of your system.

I don't want a Kinect because motion controls are the future of gaming, I don't think they are at all. I've used the original Kinect and I think it was a gimmick then and it still seems like a gimmick now. I want a Kinect for menu and navigation functionality, as well as other abilities it will have down the road.

The only thing that would actually help the Xbox One would be a price drop which will surely happen.

---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#27ArkonBladePosted 10/20/2013 10:09:31 PM
TheM00d posted...
ArkonBlade posted...

This is the thing though I do agree there will be a price drop before they drop the Kinect first. If the Xbone is not selling well and has near Wii U like sales numbers ever month. My guess a $50 cut first but if there smart a $100 cut. It will help but still wont be enough to get thee sales numbers up any where near what the 360 was selling. If that still doesn't boost sales high enough (which I don't think it will) They are not gong to have much of a choice but to drop Kinect and sell it separately to get the price down to sell units.

trying to sell Kinect may be a Huge part of MS's goal but if you cant even get the system out in the first place, well not going to do you much good. I my self don't plan on buying one till its under $300.

Titanfall looks great but I can play it on my PC or 360 if I want so not going to kill me to wait.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#28TheM00dPosted 10/20/2013 10:24:54 PM
ArkonBlade posted...

This is the thing though I do agree there will be a price drop before they drop the Kinect first. If the Xbone is not selling well and has near Wii U like sales numbers ever month. My guess a $50 cut first but if there smart a $100 cut. It will help but still wont be enough to get thee sales numbers up any where near what the 360 was selling. If that still doesn't boost sales high enough (which I don't think it will) They are not gong to have much of a choice but to drop Kinect and sell it separately to get the price down to sell units.

trying to sell Kinect may be a Huge part of MS's goal but if you cant even get the system out in the first place, well not going to do you much good. I my self don't plan on buying one till its under $300.

Titanfall looks great but I can play it on my PC or 360 if I want so not going to kill me to wait.

Dropping the price of the X1 would still be way more beneficial than dropping the price and the Kinect. Drop the price to the same as the PS4 and the deal seems a lot better. The hardware of the X1 may be inferior but having an extra optional peripheral included at the same price makes it look better.

Neither system is going to be hurting in sales regardless of what people say here. The X1 won't sell like the 360 for awhile because of the bad publicity since the reveal, it might never sell like the 360, Wii U will never sniff the success of the Wii, and I don't even think the PS4 will be as dominant as the PS3 was. For MS to try and chase those numbers out of the gate would be stupid. Including the Kinect also distinguishes it from the 360, PS3, and PS4, it makes the console different. A price drop will happen and it really is all that the console truly needs to boost sales, IMO.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#29ArkonBladePosted 10/20/2013 11:03:50 PM
TheM00d posted...
ArkonBlade posted...

Dropping the price of the X1 would still be way more beneficial than dropping the price and the Kinect. Drop the price to the same as the PS4 and the deal seems a lot better. The hardware of the X1 may be inferior but having an extra optional peripheral included at the same price makes it look better.

Neither system is going to be hurting in sales regardless of what people say here. The X1 won't sell like the 360 for awhile because of the bad publicity since the reveal, it might never sell like the 360, Wii U will never sniff the success of the Wii, and I don't even think the PS4 will be as dominant as the PS3 was. For MS to try and chase those numbers out of the gate would be stupid. Including the Kinect also distinguishes it from the 360, PS3, and PS4, it makes the console different. A price drop will happen and it really is all that the console truly needs to boost sales, IMO.

We still come down to the main problem with the Kinect is that most no one wants it and its driving the price of the X1 up. The price of Kinect is near the cost of what it takes to make the Xbone. If MS had any brains they would drop it to reduce that price. As long as there focus stays on Kinect the have no chance of getting a major install base.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#30robert43sPosted 10/20/2013 11:20:50 PM
The only reason I decided to switch this gen was the kinnect, I do not want it, and I do not see why I should buy something I do not want. It's too late anyway, I will only buy one console this gen, and that's the PS/4.
---
GT: Rob ShadowHawk - level 200 Strider
GT: DragonHunter720 - level 200 Sorcerer