Would the removal of the forced kinect bundle be better or worse for you?

#31TheM00dPosted 10/21/2013 12:24:01 AM
ArkonBlade posted...

We still come down to the main problem with the Kinect is that most no one wants it and its driving the price of the X1 up. The price of Kinect is near the cost of what it takes to make the Xbone. If MS had any brains they would drop it to reduce that price. As long as there focus stays on Kinect the have no chance of getting a major install base.

Are you talking major Kinect install base or X1 cause like I said before, dropping the Kinect now destroys both bases. I get what you are saying about nobody wants the Kinect but it's too late now. MS needs to be all in with it. Dropping the Kinect now would waste all of the money that they invested in it by leading to the same problem as the current Kinect, no one buys it because they see no point in it. Drop the price to $399 and include the Kinect.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#32SilentS89Posted 10/21/2013 12:37:39 AM
I knew back in May that a forced kinect bundle was a dumb idea.
#33donpatch913Posted 10/21/2013 1:57:48 AM
Was never anywhere getting one of those, especially with the result of getting messed up crap in my inbox from the 360 video cam thing. People will never be prepared to use kinect or a camera properly! I rather ditch the combo for a price drop on the system.
#34epicfailtryhardPosted 10/21/2013 2:43:26 AM
stekim40 posted...
Much MUCH better!!

Because I'd go from not buying an Xbone one, to buying an Xbox one.

Simple as that.. and I'm sure I'm not the only one to boycott the Xbone if the kinect stays.

this. i have no need/want for it, nor the desire to pay for it. nor to experience subpar gaming due it's resource hogging.
---
"if you consider a troll to be someone who is expressing their opinion and isn't rattled by yours being different...welcome home.~me
#35epicfailtryhardPosted 10/21/2013 2:53:20 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
It's a real shame that my "and" couldn't be italicized, there. I don't see why the thing had to fail on me.
it's a real shame that people fail to ip lock their polls. it would be better to get even some small amount of information, that isn't entirely useless.

Congratulations. You have brought hostility in a topic where there was presently none. Do some Gfaqs users understand that comments don't have to carry some negative attitude?

pretty simple principle. ip lock brings more valid results...unless you want the results spammed to bring about results you want.
---
"if you consider a troll to be someone who is expressing their opinion and isn't rattled by yours being different...welcome home.~me
#36XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 10/21/2013 3:02:17 AM(edited)
How could so many people vote worse? You like being forced to pay extra for something you don't want? Weird.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#37LadyYachiruPosted 10/21/2013 3:09:59 AM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
How could so many people vote worse? You like being forced to pay extra for something you don't want? Weird.

Well there are people who want or at the very least don't mind the Kinect but I still don't see how itd be worse for them..oh they have to pick up an extra box on the way to the cashier? Downer...

Anyways...

Still wouldn't get the XB1 but the removal would be a great start on making me interested in it..
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.
Symmetry is key..everything must be aesthetically pleasing...
#38SparkItUpPosted 10/21/2013 3:50:28 AM
Removal of Kinect would mean instant preorder or buy from me.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#39SparkItUpPosted 10/21/2013 4:02:01 AM(edited)
robert43s posted...
The only reason I decided to switch this gen was the kinnect, I do not want it, and I do not see why I should buy something I do not want. It's too late anyway, I will only buy one console this gen, and that's the PS/4.

^ this for the most part except I would actually purchase the console if it didn't come with Kinect....It was however the deciding factor of why I switched from Xbox to Playstation. I do not want to be forced to buy something I do not want, will not use, have no intention of using and is not required for console operation.

If Kinect was so integral to gameplay like they suggest, why is there no gameplay demonstrations of someone using the Xbox One & Kinect with a game? Even the reveal presentation failed to show us anything about Kinect since what was on screen, was recorded and the presenter was simply going through the motions and not actually influencing the device.

There is a strong perception of a lack of faith in the device from Microsoft since there is absolutely nothing about this "fantastic" device beyond the dashboard. For something they said was integral to their gaming platform, they aren't showing anyone a reason to have faith in the device. Every bit of gameplay we have seen has been done with a controller or keyboard.

Why not show those that have their doubts about Kinect what they are missing and how wonderful this device is? Maybe I have missed something, but I haven't seen anything since the reveal as far as gameplay with Kinect.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#40MilesTeg420Posted 10/21/2013 5:42:15 AM
It would be much better to me. The Kinect 2 costs about as much as the console itself. Xbox One at $250/$299? That's what it should be anyway. I would not buy the console at $399 knowing that they could be making $150 profit on that sale.