Would the removal of the forced kinect bundle be better or worse for you?

#41IzecPosted 10/21/2013 5:52:19 AM
Well obviously it's better, but still not enough.

I see no reason to buy an Xbone for $400 when there's a more powerful console available for the same price, since I don't care about Xbone's exclusives. Xbone would need to be $350 for me to consider it.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#42SilentS89Posted 10/21/2013 7:05:40 AM
Izec posted...

I see no reason to buy an Xbone for $400 when there's a more powerful console available for the same price, since I don't care about Xbone's exclusives. Xbone would need to be $350 for me to consider it.

This guy gets it. $350 or bust.

Half a grand is outright ridiculous.
#43MilesTeg420Posted 10/21/2013 7:07:20 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Izec posted...

This guy gets it. $350 or bust.

Half a grand is outright ridiculous.

But smartphones and tablets! Hurr dur derp!
#44xninjagrrlPosted 10/21/2013 7:11:16 AM
The consumer doesnt want Kinect, I cant imagine developers are too thrilled with it, MS needs to just stop already
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#45XtremeWRATH360Posted 10/21/2013 7:52:05 AM
This kind of makes you wonder how many more preorders there would be if MS did indeed remove the Kinect, i know for a fact i would have one on pre order if it was cheaper and didn't have Kinect and seems like others here would too. Personally MS should have offered two skus one with and one without but drive a huge incentive to gamers and developers for why they should own/develop for the Kinect. Just seems like a weird business decision to alienate potential customers.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#46ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 8:47:40 AM
SparkItUp posted...
robert43s posted...
The only reason I decided to switch this gen was the kinnect, I do not want it, and I do not see why I should buy something I do not want. It's too late anyway, I will only buy one console this gen, and that's the PS/4.

^ this for the most part except I would actually purchase the console if it didn't come with Kinect....It was however the deciding factor of why I switched from Xbox to Playstation. I do not want to be forced to buy something I do not want, will not use, have no intention of using and is not required for console operation.

If Kinect was so integral to gameplay like they suggest, why is there no gameplay demonstrations of someone using the Xbox One & Kinect with a game? Even the reveal presentation failed to show us anything about Kinect since what was on screen, was recorded and the presenter was simply going through the motions and not actually influencing the device.

There is a strong perception of a lack of faith in the device from Microsoft since there is absolutely nothing about this "fantastic" device beyond the dashboard. For something they said was integral to their gaming platform, they aren't showing anyone a reason to have faith in the device. Every bit of gameplay we have seen has been done with a controller or keyboard.

Why not show those that have their doubts about Kinect what they are missing and how wonderful this device is? Maybe I have missed something, but I haven't seen anything since the reveal as far as gameplay with Kinect.

Probably my favorite comment from someone in a long time. Nobody can really disagree with Spark's logic, here.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#47SlimeSwayzePosted 10/23/2013 12:11:50 PM
Under the current circumstances, there is no way I will buy an XB1. If MS dropped the Kinect and offered the console for $100 less, I would strongly consider buying one. In fact, I'd have a much harder decision regarding what to get this November if that option were available right now. I'm locked into the PS4 at the moment, and as MS won't changing their tune before launch, there's no way I'd consider the XBone for at least a few years. But if they drop the Kinect and the price, I would almost certainly get one eventually, so long as a Gold account is not required if all you want to play is single-player games.
---
Currently Playing: Fatal Frame 3, P4: Golden, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
#48SilentS89Posted 10/23/2013 12:31:46 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
so long as a Gold account is not required if all you want to play is single-player games.

Yeah, that would be a non-negotiable deal breaker for me too.