The DLC rant - **** better change this coming generation

#1squidney2k1Posted 10/20/2013 7:18:54 PM
For every game that does it right, there are 4 that do it wrong and make DLC as a whole still quite a freakin' rip-off.

1. DLC should be discounted just like the games. No reason we should have to pay $10 for the same map pack that's been out for 2 years.
2. All of this $5 for "a new outfit" or hat color crap needs to stop. It seems like the industry was getting it together but the last year has seen the worse offenders since Horse Armor
3. All "day 1," Collector's Edition, Special Addition, etc. etc. DLC should be available for free after a certain amount of time (1 year max).
4. More 3rd party DLC promotions like Dr. Pepper cap codes or 7-Eleven codes, instead of stupid exclusive content depending on what store you went to.
5. Less of this "season pass" crap. Why give an extra $20-$30 for future DLC when there's no solid indication that your mediocre game will even hold up that long with gamers? COD Season Pass? Yes. Borderlands 2 Season Pass? Absolutely. Saints Row Season pass? Ehhhmm, no. Ace Combat Season Pass? WTF?!!!!
---
Xbox One games looked more impressive...but I wish they were on the PS4. **** you Microsoft! \m/ (O_o) \m/
#2FusionCPosted 10/20/2013 7:19:56 PM
I dont think im the only one who is going to say that I see exactly none of these things changing.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#3PorungaPosted 10/20/2013 7:22:06 PM
None of that will stop.. in fact, I see it all getting worse. Good times.
#4SunDevil77Posted 10/20/2013 7:23:37 PM(edited)
It won't change
Just be happy that Online Passes are gone.
---
Uh, yes, sir. They're driving an '84... Sheepdog.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5Dev445Posted 10/20/2013 7:23:08 PM
If anything its going to get worst. Its pretty simple though don't like it don't but it.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#6AlexanaxelaPosted 10/20/2013 7:25:10 PM
solution: stop buying it
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#7Foxx3kPosted 10/20/2013 7:27:01 PM
Your demands are pretty hilarious.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8mike468Posted 10/20/2013 7:33:24 PM
Porunga posted...
None of that will stop.. in fact, I see it all getting worse. Good times.

Yeah, same here.

Developers have said that with the new systems, it allows them to actually plug the extra content in rather than planning and using an unlock key. With current gen systems, the right infrastructure wasn't in place for companys to really plug whole new content into a game, so you saw stuff like the unlock keys like Capcom used.

Now they are saying with the new console, developers can intentionally hold the content back and plug it in, so that it doesn't look suspicious. Look at what Forza 5 is doing, there basically shipping half the game and letting you download the rest on Day 1. It's not content that is being locked away on the disk, but just wasn't finished when they needed to start pressing the games.

I mean it can be good in a way, to allow a developer to get a game to market sooner, and plug in the content on day 1 free of charge like Forza is doing, but I think too many companies like Capcom are going to use it as a way to truly mask what content is actually finished when a game ships and what content is intentionally being held back.

Right now it's easy to tell because the file of an unlock key is only a few hundred kb, but actual content in much bigger..
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#9LythirisPosted 10/20/2013 7:34:25 PM
Can't wait for: season passes to be divided into multiple parts. Season pass 1, 2, 3, and 4. Or, preorder the season pass deluxe, granting all numbered season (season pass A, B, C content not included) pass content at slightly lower than piecemeal. Day 0 dlc, standalone dlc created to judge appetite for a product before actual releasing. Not to be confused with paid demos. Also paid demos.
---
"I figured maybe a bullet in the back. Or a knife in the back. Maybe hit by a train."
"In the back?" "In the back, yeah."
#10whitelytningPosted 10/20/2013 7:36:14 PM
Its not going to change for the better until we the gamers get smarter. Waiting in line on release night to break sales records for games that are trash but marketed well or purchasing high amounts of DLC will only make it worse.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg