Chances of getting one without a pre-order

#1gintu394Posted 10/20/2013 7:29:40 PM
Still on the fence about getting an X1. I'll get one for sure next Fall for Halo 5 and Fable Legends but not sure if we'll get a price drop by than. Figured I'm going to Target on the 22nd anyways for Mario and if they have any X1's I'll most likely end up picking it up instead of waiting for the Fall.

So has MS said anything about having a ton of consoles on release for walk ins?
---
PSN: detective392
#2SnickleseedPosted 10/20/2013 7:31:29 PM
No, but once the hordes of uninformed masses who don't have internet for some reason (hint: there are more people than you think without internet out there) return theirs because they've essentially bought a brick, there will be plenty of open box ones on the shelf
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#3whitelytningPosted 10/20/2013 7:33:50 PM
Don't know.

The trolls will say there will be tons available. The fans will say there won't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#4yokaiwrznPosted 10/20/2013 7:33:51 PM
The crazy prices on ebay should worry you a little.
---
Gamertag BlackBlood84
#5MrZonePosted 10/20/2013 7:34:53 PM
Very slim. The Gamestop Black Friday ad tells people who want an XB1 to call the store to check availability while advertising that each store will have 8 or more PS4 units on Black Friday.
#6SunDevil77Posted 10/20/2013 7:35:09 PM
Snickleseed posted...
No, but once the hordes of uninformed masses who don't have internet for some reason (hint: there are more people than you think without internet out there) return theirs because they've essentially bought a brick, there will be plenty of open box ones on the shelf

There are very few people who don't have internet that are capable of affording a ~$400-500 console. Much less ones who didn't research such a purchase.
---
Uh, yes, sir. They're driving an '84... Sheepdog.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7SovietSpy44Posted 10/20/2013 7:39:47 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
Snickleseed posted...

There are very few people who don't have internet that are capable of affording a ~$400-500 console. Much less ones who didn't research such a purchase.

I'd say it has more to do with location than affordability.
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon X & Y
#8Laylow12Posted 10/20/2013 7:44:57 PM
XBOX ONE featuring KINECT 2.0 should be available everywhere since the preorder numbers are so poor. There was a rumor that they were having a yield problem in manufacturing but since I haven't seen solid proof of it, I wouldn't put much stock in it. I'd hold out for the inevitable mark downs as the platform struggles to find its place and convince people that weaker hardware should cost $100 more than the stronger competitor.

Look for a price point around $350, below the stronger PS4 at $400 and above the weaker Wii-U.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#9whitelytningPosted 10/20/2013 7:48:06 PM(edited)
Laylow12 posted...
XBOX ONE featuring KINECT 2.0 should be available everywhere since the preorder numbers are so poor. There was a rumor that they were having a yield problem in manufacturing but since I haven't seen solid proof of it, I wouldn't put much stock in it. I'd hold out for the inevitable mark downs as the platform struggles to find its place and convince people that weaker hardware should cost $100 more than the stronger competitor.

Look for a price point around $350, below the stronger PS4 at $400 and above the weaker Wii-U.

lol
[X] Needs "proof" to confirm yield problems.
[X] Has no problem speculating about price points and available units.
[_] Should be taken seriously.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#10SnickleseedPosted 10/20/2013 9:19:43 PM
SovietSpy44 posted...
I'd say it has more to do with location than affordability.

This, and idiot parents buying one for their kids
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5