Commercials

#1DjnarduPosted 10/21/2013 7:43:13 AM
How have you felt about MS and Sony's commercials so far?

I feel they both have kinda stuck to their original message.

Sony commercials seem very game centric and about social playing with friends.

MS commercials seem to still be pushing the Entertainment device aspect vs the game console.
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#2Combo626Posted 10/21/2013 7:47:20 AM
I have seen Sony advertise the PS4 as the next coming of Jesus. Could it be because they need to bark very loudly to compensate? Maybe, but with all of this money Microsoft has I'm disappointed with:
- Their refusal to go to blows with Sony and sling mud like Sony has been
- Their lack of commercial campaigning like Sony has been

Sony is kinda like "HEY! HEY! LOOK AT US! HEY PAY ATTENTION TO ME! LISTEN! HEY! LOOK OVER HERE!"

Microsoft is kinda like "excuse me....look over here if you want, if not, it's okay. thanks anyway"
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#3Djnardu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 8:03:48 AM
Isn't the point of good advertising to make people watch the commercial or at least be intrigued by it?
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#4Skynet82997Posted 10/21/2013 8:07:04 AM
I like the Sony commercials better - that recent one about the two guys playing thru various games - in real life - is awesome.

The end where they're playing Killzone and one is ISA and his buddy is Helghast with the red eyes - hilarious, and cool.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5gintu394Posted 10/21/2013 8:08:39 AM
Sony has hit the ball out of the ball park with the ps4 commercials. MS really needs to step it up as.
---
PSN: detective392
#6streamjumperPosted 10/21/2013 8:09:40 AM
Djnardu posted...
MS commercials seem to still be pushing the Entertainment device aspect vs the game console.

Are there people who buy consoles anywhere near the release day who need to be reminded that the Xbox plays video games? And AREN'T wandering around the store with a list from their grandchildren clutched tightly in their palsied mitts?

Are there people outside of the internet active gamer community who might not be aware of all the media options the X1 has to it? Will some of these non-gamers be making the choice between two systems to get their offspring and hook up to a television they too will be using? Might this knowledge sway the holders of ye olde purse strings?

Stating the obvious isn't absolutely necessary when you've got information to give out.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#7SinisterSlayPosted 10/21/2013 8:13:56 AM
I haven't seen a commercial by either of them.
Just the taco bell commercial.

Where are they advertising?

I primarily watch CTV, BBC, Space and Spike.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8Special-EddPosted 10/21/2013 8:42:50 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
I haven't seen a commercial by either of them.
Just the taco bell commercial.

Where are they advertising?

I primarily watch CTV, BBC, Space and Spike.

I saw the new PS4 commercial on AMC last night during the walking dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0d9d-cdxhk

Pretty solid commercial.

MS is going for a more casual approach where Sony is making sure people know they have games to play. I kind of wish MS would try to reach more of it's core audience with some of their stuff. They did start showing their Dead Rising 3 commercial which is nice but they need to advertise their system a bit more for it's games.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#9streamjumperPosted 10/21/2013 8:51:43 AM
specialed1583 posted...
MS is going for a more casual approach where Sony is making sure people know they have games to play. I kind of wish MS would try to reach more of it's core audience with some of their stuff. They did start showing their Dead Rising 3 commercial which is nice but they need to advertise their system a bit more for it's games.

I actually think that if Microsoft would just get some commercials out there for their exclusives, they'd do the best possible job of covering their core. We don't need reminders that they've got games so much as very obvious explanations as to WHY people need the games only available on it. If we can get exclusives covered specifically and media capabilities covered in the X1 commercials, that'd cover the bases neatly.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#10Excal1burPosted 10/21/2013 8:54:48 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
I like the Sony commercials better - that recent one about the two guys playing thru various games - in real life - is awesome.

The end where they're playing Killzone and one is ISA and his buddy is Helghast with the red eyes - hilarious, and cool.

That commercial is terrible, Its like their going after the metrosexual glee crowd