Official: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4. Let's settle this once and for all

#111MetroidFan9999Posted 10/22/2013 3:06:39 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Bluray is the worst feature ever... I wish they would have stuck with DVDs so they would try to make games as compressed as possible. Now we get joke games like Killzone taking up 50 gigs even though better and bigger games on PCs have been able to do much better with only 10...

Quite possibly one of the dumbest posts ever

Indeed.

COD Ghosts on PC is 50gigs alone, I'm quite sure DesperateDonkey is not a real PC gamer too because he would know that many PC games are into 20gigs now.

This is quite a pathetic argument. I never said there were no games more than 20 gigs. I said there were much better looking games that were more technically impressive for around 10 gigs like Crysis (around 7). Clearly someone is pretending to know about PC gaming... Pretending to correct a statement I never said does not give you any credibility on the subject.

First off...Crysis is over ~9gb on the HDD. Will not fit on a DVD. Secondly, using the modified version to make your comparisons is a joke (because unmodded Crysis does not look better than KZ SF or Battlefield 3 max, stop lying). You'd know that modded versions add at least 4gb to that count.

Yeah you do have a pathetic argument.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#112DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/22/2013 3:12:35 PM(edited)
So even after you pad everything and lie about which game is technically superior, you are STILL only using 13 gigs? Wow, impressive! Thats so far off from 10 gigs and so close to 50!

Bad math and habitual lying! Now you just need the other trolls to nod and call it a day!

Also, I just opened Crysis right now on steam and it says 6465MB... Please stop pretending you know what you are talking about...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#113blitz_0623Posted 10/22/2013 3:18:53 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Bluray is the worst feature ever... I wish they would have stuck with DVDs so they would try to make games as compressed as possible. Now we get joke games like Killzone taking up 50 gigs even though better and bigger games on PCs have been able to do much better with only 10...

Quite possibly one of the dumbest posts ever

Indeed.

It's a Desperate Monkey post. What did you expect?

-

Oh look, 3 desperate Ponies rolled into one!

This is going to be hilarious but please answer me this: How does Bluray make games better on the Xbox One?

Thanks for playing!

1. I'm not a Pony.
2. You're obviously a fanboy if you think Bluray shouldn't be used by Microsoft. That's like saying you'd rather use a CD than a DVD. How pathetic can you get? Jesus Christ
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#114DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/22/2013 3:26:45 PM(edited)
Basically, you don't have a real argument so you will just say something random and pretend it makes sense. DVDs would make zero actual difference compared to Blurays because games have absolutely zero need to be 50 gigs and developers wouldn't be this wasteful of our HDD space if it wasn't Bluray. Its nothing like CD vs DVD because CDs are too small so you'd end up with a billion of them as where DVDs, you would unlikely to ever need more than 2.

Like was said, Crysis is a much more technically impressive game that looks way better, has dynamic damage models, far more physics and does it all without needing to make the draw distance limited to whats 10 feet ahead. That game is 6.5 gigs. A texture pack that made the game look worlds beyond anything available next gen was only a few gigs as well.

Soon, the garbage standards that console gamers put up with will transfer over to PC gaming and then PC gamers will have to suffer because console gamers are easily fooled into thinking "bigger files = better looking games!" when Killzone is really nothing but a run of the mill corridor shooter...
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#115blitz_0623Posted 10/22/2013 3:38:34 PM(edited)
Basically, you don't have a real argument so you will just say something random and pretend it makes sense. DVDs would make zero actual difference compared to Blurays because games have absolutely zero need to be 50 gigs and developers wouldn't be this wasteful of our HDD space if it wasn't Bluray. Its nothing like CD vs DVD because CDs are too small so you'd end up with a billion of them as where DVDs, you would unlikely to ever need more than 2.

Like was said, Crysis is a much more technically impressive game that looks way better, has dynamic damage models, far more physics and does it all without needing to make the draw distance limited to whats 10 feet ahead. That game is 6.5 gigs. A texture pack that made the game look worlds beyond anything available next gen was only a few gigs as well.

Soon, the garbage standards that console gamers put up with will transfer over to PC gaming and then PC gamers will have to suffer because console gamers are easily fooled into thinking "bigger files = better looking games!" when Killzone is really nothing but a run of the mill corridor shooter...

You do realize you need a high end PC more powerful than the PS4/X1 to run that 6.5gb Crysis game right? That's the whole point of PCs you dummy. That 6.5gb Crysis game wouldn't even look half as good if they somehow make it compatible with the 360/PS3. It's the same as playing it on, say medium/low settings to match the 360/PS3. That's why it's only 6.5gigs because a powerful PC can make it look impressive. That's why 13gig PC games look much more visually impressive than console games. Because they're run on high-end PCs that cost more than 360/PS3/X1/PS4.

You can't see the big picture because you're so blinded by your fanboy logic. If MS introduced their own bluray (ie the failed HD DVD) you would patronize it.
---
#116DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/22/2013 3:43:09 PM
blitz_0623 posted...

You do realize you need a high end PC more powerful than the PS4/X1 to run that 6.5gb Crysis game right? That's the whole point of PCs you dummy. That 6.5gb Crysis game wouldn't even look half as good if they somehow make it compatible with the 360/PS3. It's the same as playing it on, say medium/low settings to match the 360/PS3. That's why it's only 6.5gigs because a powerful PC can make it look impressive. That's why 13gig PC games look much more visually impressive than console games. Because they're run on high-end PCs that cost more than 360/PS3/X1/PS4.

You can't see the big picture because you're so blinded by your fanboy logic. If MS introduced their own bluray (ie the failed HD DVD) you would patronize it.

I'm sorry, can I get a source for this BS? Where does it say console games that much more space? Actually, lets start with an article that says it should take up more space at ALL then we can start listening to your BS about where that extra 43 gigs is going into.
---
#117blitz_0623Posted 10/22/2013 4:16:56 PM
blitz_0623 posted...

I'm sorry, can I get a source for this BS? Where does it say console games that much more space? Actually, lets start with an article that says it should take up more space at ALL then we can start listening to your BS about where that extra 43 gigs is going into.

I didn't know some people are actually this dense. You still don't get it do you? Or are you just ignoring the part where I schooled you? The part where I said the 6.5gb Crysis game looks AWESOME because an AWESOME PC runs it. If you run that same 6.5gb game on Medium/Low settings i.e. PS3/360 settings it wouldn't even look half as good. They would only run at 720p to begin with.
Any person with half a brain knows that should already be a sign that a 6.5gb console game won't look as good as a 6.5gb maxed out PC game.

As for where the 43 gigs of KZ goes to, that's not my problem. I already pointed out console games are developed differently. If you think that it's pThe game is obviously not optimized which is why we keep hearing "PS4/X1 will be maxed out in 4-5 years" or similar statements. What I can tell you is a 12-15gig PC game can look better as long as it is maxed out (and I mean MAXED OUT). But newsflash buddy: consoles are not even close to PCs running the Titan. Developers have to improvise.

Uncharted 3 already uses up about 40gigs with the PS3. Again, no idea why, but if you think that can be dumbed down to 12gigs and still look as good then you're welcome to show Naughty Dog how. While you're at it, show GG how they can make KZ look like that without using bluray
---
#118axelfooley2k5Posted 10/22/2013 4:20:03 PM(edited)
5:1 is almost here !!!!!!! Vote vote vote!!!!!!
#dealwithit
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#119MetroidFan9999Posted 10/22/2013 4:20:36 PM
So even after you pad everything and lie about which game is technically superior, you are STILL only using 13 gigs? Wow, impressive! Thats so far off from 10 gigs and so close to 50!

Bad math and habitual lying! Now you just need the other trolls to nod and call it a day!

Also, I just opened Crysis right now on steam and it says 6465MB... Please stop pretending you know what you are talking about...

I just checked the file size of my installation, 9 gigs. I have the DVD version too with updates installed. No mods.

You are a GD joke bro, Crysis is not optimized worth s*** and actually requires mods to make it "TEH BEST LOOKING GAME EVAR!".

You are literally comparing a 6 year old game to requirements now, it is absolutely hilarious. Look at the detail even a game like Crysis 2 has....it can't repeat many textures like Crysis can (many of the trees/buildings/ground are using the same textures), it has MANY distinct textures needed to render the scenes. THAT is why many games nowadays require such space.

Stop living in the damn past and your anger for Sony to include a BD drive, and deal with it. Compression can only go so far. Your math is atrocious as well, 13gb still will not fit on one disc. Welcome to 2013 DesperateDonkey.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#120DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/22/2013 4:32:42 PM
I love how metroid changes the argument and pulls data from his ass when cornered.
---