Official: Xbox One vs. Playstation 4. Let's settle this once and for all

#131DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/22/2013 6:13:12 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Because developers who use bluray just like to waste your space.

Congratulations! Runner up for the dumbest comment ever!

Lol and he wants proof to counter that. I wonder what Kojima would think if he read this post. God the amount of stupidity in that line alone boggles my mind

Again, you have no argument. Kojima himself actually made MGS4 with about 30 gigs of uncompressed audio in it. He is a perfect example of wasted space on Bluray discs. Since games are digital, they draw almost no benefit from Blurays. This is pretty much a bad joke at this point and you are using your argument as the explanation for your argument now. Thats called circular logic.

Trying to declare the statement is dumb does not make it so. You've yet to make a single good argument for why we need Blurays and summoned a developer who did not compress his game because he didn't have to. You also want to attempt to associate your argument with authority figures, pretending that they somehow agree with you. Pretty pathetic...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#132HypereiaPosted 10/23/2013 12:20:22 AM
PS4 @ 76% on Xbone forum, lol.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hypereia
Origin/BF4: Hypereia
#133ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/23/2013 12:37:12 AM
Haha this is hilarious. DesperateMonkey might live in his own little twisted world, but he is one of the most entertaining users on this board.

Damn those pesky developers for using the storage provided to add as much content or graphical fidelity as they can! You know what's also wasteful? HD graphics. Why are we making a big deal out of playing in HD? We should just go back to floppy discs and 8-bit games.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#134Spetsnaz420Posted 10/23/2013 2:38:50 AM
I guess no one told desperate that its easier to process uncompressed data...such an obvious thing to miss too
---
I don't conform to social convention
#135FoppePosted 10/23/2013 2:45:23 AM
We have used both compressed and uncompressed audio for generations, I don't think that switching from uncompressed to compressed audio will suddenly make the framerate drop.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#136BloodyDove2vsPosted 10/23/2013 2:52:32 AM
Just to easy.
---
Red Light of Death 2 (resistance is futile)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#137CyborgTwentyPosted 10/23/2013 4:23:45 AM
DesperateMonkey really lives up to his name as he is really desperate.
#138ILikesCheesePosted 10/23/2013 5:07:36 AM(edited)
So basically, you draw an incorrect parallel that proves the exact issue of the problem and then call it a day? Yeah, this is what happens when you try to make a thought without help. Maybe RedZaku will show up and start defending your stupidity again!

Music on CDs sound better because the storage medium allows greater levels of fidelity. Games on the Xbox One make no use of this because they install all games so whether you installed it from one disc or four, its the exact same. The only difference is now devs no longer optimize games so now games take forever to install and also cost us all our HDD space.

I love it when silly trolls crumple themselves together like this.

I love when the MS Fanboy Club / PR Team make stuff up in a failed attempt to prove an incorrect point. In the briefest of counters to your simply wrong assertions:

1) Developers do not get "lazy" and no longer optimize games when they are put on blu ray disks to the degree that untold gigabytes are "wasted" on a hard drive. This is a flatout fallacy on your part. You mad cause the Xbox One has an unremovable hard drive and no alternative external HD capability currently in play bro? :D

2) A blu ray drive on a console means blu ray movies can be played on said console. (I know! Like Duh!) Blu Ray disks are MUCH better than old, SD DVDs. But perhaps you hold a special place in your heart for all the lonely VHS players out in the world too. Without a blu ray drive, your console is nothing more than....a Gamecube. Or a Wii. Or a Wii U. YIKES!
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#139UnquietSlumbersPosted 10/23/2013 5:10:51 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Xbone is gaining some ground. Very nice!!!

Not the usual destruction that happens on these polls.

Nope, its popularity is actually regressing based on the same type of poll made almost 2 months ago:

http://i.imgur.com/YPXUft6.png
#140ILikesCheesePosted 10/23/2013 5:11:32 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
As for WHO may be a part of the MS PR team on this board, that I can't say to positively know. But I do believe they are easy to spot....
5) They often fall to weak argumentative tiers such as ad hominem, name calling or simple contradiction when they cannot counter a winning viewpoint
6) Anyone with even a slightly negative view of the product they are pushing is always referred to as a Fanboy of a competitor. (A form of Ad Hominem.)
7) They either sound like petulant children or salesmen.

His argument is the same crap as yours....We got 4 rabid Ponies in here ready to make up whatever story they can and nodding each others points for absolutely no reason....Go back to la-la land, Ponies! Its obvious you guys will eat whatever crap Sony feeds you guys and you'll even make up excuses for them when they screw you over!

Let's see here...check, check, and CHECK!

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?