Major Nelson "As far as being an exclusive that's a question for TitanFall"

#1Paul_AtreidesPosted 10/21/2013 9:11:28 AM
One individual who put his two cents in regarding Titanfall’s exclusivity is Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb, the Director of Programming for Xbox Live. When asked on Reddit about the exclusivity status of Titanfall, and whether it would be a timed exclusive, heading to PS4 at a later time, or a lifetime exclusive, remaining solely on Xbox platforms, Nelson replied, “As far as being an exclusive that’s really a question for Titanfall – I’m not worried about it though.”

http://gamingbolt.com/major-nelson-o...ed-exclusivity

How long will TitanFall be exclusive on Xbox One vs PS4?
#2sworderPosted 10/21/2013 9:16:31 AM
A question he can't answer because it's not up to him, it's up to EA

Big games profit far more from being multiplatform than what Microsoft would offer
#382xenoPosted 10/21/2013 9:17:50 AM
If the userbase difference is substantially in favor of the PS4 in the upcoming year, expect this to jump ship to PS4 rather quickly.
---
Shwing
#4Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 9:23:33 AM
82xeno posted...
If the userbase difference is substantially in favor of the PS4 in the upcoming year, expect this to jump ship to PS4 rather quickly.

I guess Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare and Peggle 2 are six month exclusives, maybe the same for TitanFall?
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 10/21/2013 9:35:07 AM
Paul_Atreides posted...
82xeno posted...

I guess Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare and Peggle 2 are six month exclusives, maybe the same for TitanFall?

It has to be a drastic divide for those Titanfall to jump. If PS4 sells twice as many units as XB1 then I can see TitanFall making the jump. Right now I'm see things as being 2:3 in PS4's favor, but we just wont know console sales data is revealed.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#6Gunther482Posted 10/21/2013 9:41:50 AM
It might be going to the PS4 sooner than previously thought then. This is EA, they do love money after all.
#7WM_PMCPosted 10/21/2013 9:43:15 AM
Titanfall is going to be part of EA's shooter rotation to combat CoD. Of course it's going to be on PS4.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/21/2013 9:45:04 AM
Paul_Atreides posted...
How long will TitanFall be exclusive on Xbox One vs PS4?
well one thing is obvious (i'm not sure you thought about how you worded that question): titanfall will never be exclusive on PS4. even though it's exclusive to microsoft now, it's really and technically not even exclusive to xo, except maybe for some features and extra developer-love™.
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/21/2013 9:46:48 AM
82xeno posted...
it can't jump ship. it can only ride on both ships. same point i made above.
#10Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 9:47:51 AM
Gunther482 posted...
It might be going to the PS4 sooner than previously thought then. This is EA, they do love money after all.

It would actually work perfectly for EA if this was a six month exclusive. If TitanFall releases in February or so, they could bring it to PS4 in time to go head to head with new CoD on PS4, seeing as they probably won't have a new Battlefield next year.