I am buying an XBOX One before a PS4 because XBOX 360 rocked

#11_SolidGear_Posted 10/21/2013 11:46:10 AM
TreGooda posted...
and in comparison, PS3 sucked.

Things I don't care about
Pre-order numbers
Console Sales
Software sales
Anything else related to sales (I'm not making money off of this stuff)

Things I do care about
OS
Online Service
Controller
Games

The XBOX completely dominates the things I do care about category. The 360 took a dump all over the PS3 (still doing it). If history can tell me anything, the PS4 will start getting good right about the time the PS5 is going to come out. I have plenty of time to get one.

Not really. PS3 started coming out with great exclusives in 2008. Since then, It's been on fire. All the other points are subjective. (OS, Online, Controller)
---
PSN & XBL: DeltaNinja117
#12RebelGameMasterPosted 10/21/2013 11:50:44 AM
Needs more subtle.
---
:)
#13PublicAnimal9Posted 10/21/2013 12:05:56 PM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
360 got obliterated in the games department.

No. That is a completely absurd statement.

The 360 exclusive library has sold considerably better than the PS3 exclusive library. Furthermore, pretty much every big 360 exclusive IP (Gears of War, Forza, Fable, PGR, Mass Effect) except Halo saw an increase in sales from one game to the next this generation. People who bought these games obviously liked them a lot, as they clearly recommended them to friends as well as lining up to buy the sequels.

PS3 owners mainly bought multiplats this generation. Games that more often than not ran/played better on the 360 (!).

In addition nearly all the big PS3 exclusive IP's saw a massive decrease in sales from one game to the next. Resistance and Motorstorm went from 4+ million sales to nothing in just three games. Little Big Planet saw it's sales cut in half from one game to the next, and LPB Karting sold nothing. Killzone 2 sold only moderately, and Killzone 3 failed to increase sales. God of War saw a massive drop in sales from GOW 3 to GOW Ascension. Beyond Two Souls looks like it will flop in sales compared to Heavy Rain. And so on. Uncharted is pretty much the only exception, and yet the preorder numbers and first week sales of Uncharted 3 was a fraction of the preorders/first week sales of Gears of War 3 which launched at the same time. And then there's the fact that Sony has been bundling it's exclusives much more aggressively than Microsoft, which has considerably increased "sales" of PS3 exclusives.

That said, each generation has historically tended to be very different from the one before. People shouldn't look to the previous generation when deciding which console to buy. Brand loyalty is a sign of low intelligence. The 360 was by far my favourite system this gen, but next gen I'm gong back to Sony. Purely from a gaming perspective the PS4 is undoubtably better hardware in my opinion. Even Major Nelson called the PS4 the "360 v2.0" and admitted that if games was all you cared about you might be better of with a PS4.
#14Shik_stickPosted 10/21/2013 12:08:06 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
lilj812 posted...
TC doesn't care about specs, better graphics, more games, paying less, and getting a whole bunch of free games through psn?

Well, have fun with the xbone :)

you're boring us troll, we prefer better games, better online, better controllers, better features, and a better community. Now flush yourself away.

And most of those would be had on PS4 at this rate.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#15Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/21/2013 12:12:11 PM
triple s posted...
I would say the PS3 easily bested the 360 overall in exclusives over the last few years.
almost as if one console maker was preparing for next-gen launch exclusives, and one wasn't.
http://i.imgur.com/XlSEwnG.jpg
and
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/29/4375392/microsoft-has-1-billion-to-invest-in-exclusive-xbox-one-titles
#16knightimexPosted 10/21/2013 12:30:18 PM
TreGooda posted...

Things I do care about
OS
Online Service
Controller
Games

The XBOX completely dominates the things I do care about category. The 360 took a dump all over the PS3 (still doing it). If history can tell me anything, the PS4 will start getting good right about the time the PS5 is going to come out. I have plenty of time to get one.

OS
Between the 2 consoles, ps3 had a much easier to navigate OS, that had no ads.

Online Service
This could possibly be the same, so it won't matter which one you choose.

Controller
Reports have been made that the Dual Shock 4 (DS4) has surpassed the quality standards Xbox 360 controller has set.

Games
There are PS4 games reported to look better than PC, this is not the case for Xbox one.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#17ZeoDefenderPosted 10/21/2013 12:31:34 PM
And I bought an Atari Jaguar because the Atari 2600 rocked.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#18MrImpatient35Posted 10/21/2013 12:33:39 PM
I like when people use the argument that PS4 has more games. Out of all those games I've seen, only a handful of them look decent. The rest look horrible, like Octodad. Worst next-gen game I've seen so far. So far, the only game that has me excited is Infamous Second Son. Everything else looks super average.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#19Ch3wyPosted 10/21/2013 12:34:32 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I like when people use the argument that PS4 has more games. Out of all those games I've seen, only a handful of them look decent. The rest look horrible, like Octodad. Worst next-gen game I've seen so far. So far, the only game that has me excited is Infamous Second Son. Everything else looks super average.

Octodad is our future, do not insult Octodad.

It's not even a PS4 exclusive btw.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#20TreGooda(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 12:49:59 PM
knightimex posted...
TreGooda posted...

Things I do care about
OS
Online Service
Controller
Games

OS
Between the 2 consoles, ps3 had a much easier to navigate OS, that had no ads.

Online Service
This could possibly be the same, so it won't matter which one you choose.

Controller
Reports have been made that the Dual Shock 4 (DS4) has surpassed the quality standards Xbox 360 controller has set.

Games
There are PS4 games reported to look better than PC, this is not the case for Xbox one.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."