I am buying an XBOX One before a PS4 because XBOX 360 rocked

#31TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 10/21/2013 3:07:58 PM
knightimex posted...
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
http://tinypic.com/r/ipxqf9/5

Man I sure love me that ad less OS there... Oh wait...
That's what I see when I turn on my PS3.

And not a single one of those is referring to Mc Donalds, subway or mountain dew either.....

A notification of a game sale or release should not be seen as an ad.

Going out to eat a cheese burger has nothing to do with Xbox.

Yep, drake, hangover 3 and tvsideview are super relevant though, and cheeseburgers might not have anything to do with Xbox but tacos from Taco Bell have everything to do with PS3, amirite? yeah look at the top right corner. Why don't you take a look at the ads on the Xbox dashboard right now and see how many cheeseburger ads you see.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#32LEGEND_725Posted 10/21/2013 3:08:33 PM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
360 got obliterated in the games department.

Lost Odyssey

THE BIG 3 which oblierate PS4 exclusive sales

Halo
Forza
Gears

Also
Mass Effect (for a while)
Bioshock for almost a year

Oblivion and Skyrim both ran better on the 360 like most multiplats.
Final fantasy brand went to the 360 (despite how mediocre the 13 saga has been).

I struggle to think of anything the PS4 had except MGS4, uncharted, and TLOU right at the end of this gen.
---
if you have accepted Xbox One as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig
#33Exodus_PrimePosted 10/21/2013 3:12:35 PM
PublicAnimal9 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...

No. That is a completely absurd statement.

The 360 exclusive library has sold considerably better than the PS3 exclusive library. Furthermore, pretty much every big 360 exclusive IP (Gears of War, Forza, Fable, PGR, Mass Effect) except Halo saw an increase in sales from one game to the next this generation. People who bought these games obviously liked them a lot, as they clearly recommended them to friends as well as lining up to buy the sequels.

PS3 owners mainly bought multiplats this generation. Games that more often than not ran/played better on the 360 (!).

In addition nearly all the big PS3 exclusive IP's saw a massive decrease in sales from one game to the next. Resistance and Motorstorm went from 4+ million sales to nothing in just three games. Little Big Planet saw it's sales cut in half from one game to the next, and LPB Karting sold nothing. Killzone 2 sold only moderately, and Killzone 3 failed to increase sales. God of War saw a massive drop in sales from GOW 3 to GOW Ascension. Beyond Two Souls looks like it will flop in sales compared to Heavy Rain. And so on. Uncharted is pretty much the only exception, and yet the preorder numbers and first week sales of Uncharted 3 was a fraction of the preorders/first week sales of Gears of War 3 which launched at the same time. And then there's the fact that Sony has been bundling it's exclusives much more aggressively than Microsoft, which has considerably increased "sales" of PS3 exclusives.

That said, each generation has historically tended to be very different from the one before. People shouldn't look to the previous generation when deciding which console to buy. Brand loyalty is a sign of low intelligence. The 360 was by far my favourite system this gen, but next gen I'm gong back to Sony. Purely from a gaming perspective the PS4 is undoubtably better hardware in my opinion. Even Major Nelson called the PS4 the "360 v2.0" and admitted that if games was all you cared about you might be better of with a PS4.

Quoted for truth, and that's coming from an Uncharted fan. Yeah I saw that I think on GameInformer or a website how Resistance and Killzone just didn't sell as expected but still good games, Just don't blow it out of proportion like the Bronies when they obliterate the exclusives that was a good laugh though.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#34TreGooda(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 3:38:53 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
PublicAnimal9 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...

No. That is a completely absurd statement.

The 360 exclusive library has sold considerably better than the PS3 exclusive library. Furthermore, pretty much every big 360 exclusive IP (Gears of War, Forza, Fable, PGR, Mass Effect) except Halo saw an increase in sales from one game to the next this generation. People who bought these games obviously liked them a lot, as they clearly recommended them to friends as well as lining up to buy the sequels.

PS3 owners mainly bought multiplats this generation. Games that more often than not ran/played better on the 360 (!).

In addition nearly all the big PS3 exclusive IP's saw a massive decrease in sales from one game to the next. Resistance and Motorstorm went from 4+ million sales to nothing in just three games. Little Big Planet saw it's sales cut in half from one game to the next, and LPB Karting sold nothing. Killzone 2 sold only moderately, and Killzone 3 failed to increase sales. God of War saw a massive drop in sales from GOW 3 to GOW Ascension. Beyond Two Souls looks like it will flop in sales compared to Heavy Rain. And so on. Uncharted is pretty much the only exception, and yet the preorder numbers and first week sales of Uncharted 3 was a fraction of the preorders/first week sales of Gears of War 3 which launched at the same time. And then there's the fact that Sony has been bundling it's exclusives much more aggressively than Microsoft, which has considerably increased "sales" of PS3 exclusives.

That said, each generation has historically tended to be very different from the one before. People shouldn't look to the previous generation when deciding which console to buy. Brand loyalty is a sign of low intelligence. The 360 was by far my favourite system this gen, but next gen I'm gong back to Sony. Purely from a gaming perspective the PS4 is undoubtably better hardware in my opinion. Even Major Nelson called the PS4 the "360 v2.0" and admitted that if games was all you cared about you might be better of with a PS4.

Quoted for truth, and that's coming from an Uncharted fan. Yeah I saw that I think on GameInformer or a website how Resistance and Killzone just didn't sell as expected but still good games, Just don't blow it out of proportion like the Bronies when they obliterate the exclusives that was a good laugh though.

I'm confused, isn't a bronie an adult aged male that likes "My Little Pony"?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#35knightimexPosted 10/21/2013 3:56:05 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...

Yep, drake, hangover 3 and tvsideview are super relevant though, and cheeseburgers might not have anything to do with Xbox but tacos from Taco Bell have everything to do with PS3, amirite? yeah look at the top right corner. Why don't you take a look at the ads on the Xbox dashboard right now and see how many cheeseburger ads you see.

No matter how desperately hard you try to flip this, ps has less ads.
period.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#36highflyer_01Posted 10/21/2013 3:57:58 PM
TreGooda posted...
and in comparison, PS3 sucked.

Things I don't care about
Pre-order numbers
Console Sales
Software sales
Anything else related to sales (I'm not making money off of this stuff)

Things I do care about
OS
Online Service
Controller
Games

The XBOX completely dominates the things I do care about category. The 360 took a dump all over the PS3 (still doing it). If history can tell me anything, the PS4 will start getting good right about the time the PS5 is going to come out. I have plenty of time to get one.

*sigh* yet again another opinion that someone states as if it's fact. I liked PS3 all the way through, and for the most part, 360 as well. There, derailed your "fact" by stating my opinion, which is obviously different from yours.
#37Jammer196Posted 10/21/2013 4:04:32 PM
I'm trying to be as objective as possible here:
PS3 had so many great exclusives I have more exclusives than multiplats as of right now.
Xbox people always say that PSN gets hacked all the time, but it is not the case. It is pretty much a free XBL.
I personally prefer the PS3 controller, but I completely understand preferring the X360, so I guess I'll admit defeat in that area.
Also, PS3's OS is ad-free and easy to learn. Not overly inconvenient in comparison to X360 as many think.
---
Playing Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, and Final Fantasy X
PSN - Jammer196 Eagerly Waiting for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on PSN
#38TreGooda(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 4:07:45 PM(edited)
highflyer_01 posted...
TreGooda posted...
and in comparison, PS3 sucked.

Things I don't care about
Pre-order numbers
Console Sales
Software sales
Anything else related to sales (I'm not making money off of this stuff)

Things I do care about
OS
Online Service
Controller
Games

The XBOX completely dominates the things I do care about category. The 360 took a dump all over the PS3 (still doing it). If history can tell me anything, the PS4 will start getting good right about the time the PS5 is going to come out. I have plenty of time to get one.

*sigh* yet again another opinion that someone states as if it's fact. I liked PS3 all the way through, and for the most part, 360 as well. There, derailed your "fact" by stating my opinion, which is obviously different from yours.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/You+_6207123836a0afb1de84b32f4690742b.jpg
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#39TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 10/21/2013 4:24:50 PM(edited)
knightimex posted...
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...

No matter how desperately hard you try to flip this, ps has less ads.
period.

No matter how desperately hard you try to flip this, you said it had no ads, you were wrong. period.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#40PublicAnimal9Posted 10/21/2013 4:30:14 PM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
It's funny. Most of the games for PS3 you mentioned, I don't even care that much for. PS3 had a more diverse library and it put out more consistent quality games. 360 was going good up until Alan Wake flopped and then it was like MS said, "**** it"

Halo sold a kazillion copies? That's cool and im hapoy for you but Ill take diversity and consistency over the dame old same old. As least Sony tries to put out new crap dispite the risk of it not doing well.

Then what PS3 exclusives did you care for ?. Ratchet & Clank ?, White Knight Chronicles ?. Those games saw a big drop in sales from one game to the next as well. SOCOM, MAG, Playstation All-Stars or the countless others that all flopped in sales ?. Metal Gear Solid 4, a series that is no longer exclusive to the Playstation brand ?. What are the names of all these fantastic PS3 exclusives that gamers love so much that they DON'T drop like a rock in sales from one game to the next ???

Your claim that the PS3 has "a more diverse library" is equally absurd. It's yet another popular fanboy myth that has no basis in reality.