official pre order numbers ps4 in the lead Xbox 1 right behind

#21Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/21/2013 3:47:49 PM
I always thought the argument was the exclusives are better on Xbox One, why are the exclusives selling for crap on the Xbone compared to 3rd party?
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#22Combo626Posted 10/21/2013 3:48:35 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
People keep forgetting, or more accurately purposely neglecting, the fact that XboxOne pre-orders for launch are still available. Today. PS4's have been closed for a while now.

*sigh* another misinformed person. They REOPENED preor......Never mind, believe what you want to, why bother?
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#23mike468Posted 10/21/2013 3:50:38 PM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251359/ps4-vs-xbox-one-us-pre-orders-update-xbox-one-gains-ground/

Xbox coming from 45,000 going into e3 3 months later just under 600,000

ps4 stand at a very confident over 700,000

good news for both sides

The article states the PS4 has 725.000, to the XBO's 525,000.

Good news though is the XBO received more pre-orders during that time frame 175,000 to the PS4's 125,000.

I'm sure these numbers don't take into account the recent game delays either. It will be interesting to see if VGChart's releases any more numbers before the system actually launch.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#24MeaglesVPosted 10/21/2013 3:55:25 PM
I think the Xbone will pick up huge steam in 2014.

PS4 has kinda of a drought with killer apps. I think Titanfall and Halo will move units more than Infamous and The Order.

That being said, PS4 will jump ahead early due to the initial hype.
#25Ramsus082Posted 10/21/2013 4:00:27 PM
Combo626 posted...

*sigh* again why are we not applying simple logic. No one is denying PS4 is outselling XBOX One. You sound like when Apple celebrated iPhone being the best selling phone and then 5 minutes later celebrated that iOS was the best phone OS. It's basic logic. If PS4 outsells XBOX then PS4 games ALSO outsell XBOX games.

There's this popular narrative here that the XboxOne is gaining "steam" worldwide because we haven't heard some really ****ty news about the console since it was revealed that Kinect wastes/allocates 10% of the GPU's power. There's plenty of reasons to be excited about the console these days, but plenty of posters are pouring over each gaming article released with a fine-tooth comb to feed that narrative, whether it supports it or not.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#26Ramsus082Posted 10/21/2013 4:02:01 PM
Combo626 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
People keep forgetting, or more accurately purposely neglecting, the fact that XboxOne pre-orders for launch are still available. Today. PS4's have been closed for a while now.

*sigh* another misinformed person. They REOPENED preor......Never mind, believe what you want to, why bother?

Right. You could get one last week. And the week before. And today. I'm sure I could turn up a link for pre-orders available from Best Buy in September too if I searched. Am I being misleading?
---
#27Combo626Posted 10/21/2013 4:09:21 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Combo626 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

Right. You could get one last week. And the week before. And today. I'm sure I could turn up a link for pre-orders available from Best Buy in September too if I searched. Am I being misleading?

Please, go right ahead. You're the one that's enlightening the gaming community!
Don't worry, I'll wait.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#28Ramsus082Posted 10/21/2013 4:11:07 PM
I can't tell if you're denying that XboxOne launch consoles were available earlier, or you're not certain whether they were or not and just want to be purposely vague about your position.
---
#29iceltPosted 10/21/2013 4:12:43 PM
mike468 posted...
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251359/ps4-vs-xbox-one-us-pre-orders-update-xbox-one-gains-ground/

Xbox coming from 45,000 going into e3 3 months later just under 600,000

ps4 stand at a very confident over 700,000

good news for both sides

The article states the PS4 has 725.000, to the XBO's 525,000.

Good news though is the XBO received more pre-orders during that time frame 175,000 to the PS4's 125,000.

I'm sure these numbers don't take into account the recent game delays either. It will be interesting to see if VGChart's releases any more numbers before the system actually launch.

That'd be a 58% to 42% advantage in the PS4's favor (+ or - VGC's margin of error). Seems to track pretty well with what other sources are stating.

Google trend currently has the term "PS4" tracking at a search volume advantage worldwide of 64% to 36% over the term "Xbox One" since June 2013 (or right after E3). So once again, fairly consistent for the PS4. Sony execs must be VERY pleased in general how public perception is trending for their new console's launch.
---
PSN: icelt
"Beaker on a Hot Tin Roof" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif
#30ExempliGratiaPosted 10/21/2013 4:12:49 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Combo626 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

Didn't they reopen Ps4 orders for a little too? I'm pretty sure it's due to MS knowing how much they will be able to push out for launch.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia