The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Microsoft not being aggressive enough

#1Combo626Posted 10/21/2013 3:23:00 PM
Anyone else think that Microsoft should hire a PR person that can be more aggressive in it's gaming division? I mean someone who will really dig up some dirt and sling it at Sony, Nintendo, and eventually Apple.
This did wonders for Steve Jobs and Apple.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#2babamigPosted 10/21/2013 3:25:20 PM
You don't need PR, you need to make a console that is not the piece of garbage that the xbone was at the reveal.
#3Foxx3kPosted 10/21/2013 3:38:12 PM
Gamers hold grudges so strongly that Microsoft could come out and say that all Xbox One games will be free forever and the community would still hate them.

Microsoft's current policy of "Gamers are a miserable pit of despair so let's not worry about them" is really the only smart approach to take.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4ManInGorillaSutPosted 10/21/2013 3:39:09 PM
PR can only do so much when your console is clearly inferior to the competition. Even MS knows this, hence why it looks like their strategy this year is just to endure the beating they'll be taking and hope they'll still be in a good enough position to make a push for the next Holiday season in 2014.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#5Ramsus082Posted 10/21/2013 4:09:47 PM
Have you seen the viral marketing Microsoft has got a large portion of it's Xbox brand fanbase to do for Azure? Google and Amazon would kill for their cloud hosting services to be promoted as heavily. I get the feeling that they're looking at completely different metrics than we are to judge their success.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#6Combo626(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 4:10:57 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Have you seen the viral marketing Microsoft has got a large portion of it's Xbox brand fanbase to do for Azure? Google and Amazon would kill for their cloud hosting services to be promoted as heavily. I get the feeling that they're looking at completely different metrics than we are to judge their success.

Hmm, never thought it like that. Interesting.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#7MrImpatient35Posted 10/21/2013 4:15:50 PM
I'm not so sure about that TC. Sony guys have taken heat already for unnecessary shots at MS. I don't think MS should do the same.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#8Ramsus082Posted 10/21/2013 4:20:12 PM
They don't have to sell more units than Sony; If they can further their cloud hosting, Bing search and advertising, Windows8 app penetration, they're going to consider the thing a success. Sort of like what Sony did last gen with Blu-Ray, which might have slowed PS3 sales heavily, but was the primary reason it's the dominant physical format for HD media now. Obviously Microsoft is a larger company, but that just means that there focus isn't as narrow/shortsighted. The gaming industry makes them far less money(if any...?) than the above markets do, and they definitely know that.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#9AwayFromHerePosted 10/21/2013 5:46:43 PM
Microsoft tried to be aggressive, but they got punched in the mouth by their fans.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#10runner5676Posted 10/21/2013 6:19:34 PM(edited)
Being aggressive wont sell you a bad console.

The console features were announced (and some retracted, too little and too late) but the horse has already bolted.
---
Beth fanboy logic: "This rat poison comes in a bigger container than this champagne, so clearly it's the better value." Duckyhunter