Microsoft not being aggressive enough

#11HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/21/2013 7:25:05 PM
3x as many units + better marketing + DESTINY+ "competition" with non existent lineup = don't have to be aggressive.

Thats like apple worrying about Verstmnt tablets.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#12runner5676Posted 10/21/2013 7:27:31 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
They don't have to sell more units than Sony; If they can further their cloud hosting, Bing search and advertising, Windows8 app penetration, they're going to consider the thing a success. Sort of like what Sony did last gen with Blu-Ray, which might have slowed PS3 sales heavily, but was the primary reason it's the dominant physical format for HD media now. Obviously Microsoft is a larger company, but that just means that there focus isn't as narrow/shortsighted. The gaming industry makes them far less money(if any...?) than the above markets do, and they definitely know that.

They don't have to sell more units, but they would need to suck more cash out of the people buying those units.

There's only so many people who actually buy a videogames console as a multimedia device and browse the internet, watch netflix on it etc. Videogame consoles are still mostly videogame consoles.

As you pointed out, that's the reason why PS3 suffered. Too much emphasis went into Bluray which people really didn't care about. This had the compounded effect of delaying the PS3.

I'm not saying the Xbox one's infrastructure will delay the console because it wont. But focusing too heavily on making cash from services instead of consoles and games is only a smart move when you're the dominant force in the industry.

When you're second best, you need to focus on shifting consoles and games. Once the customer base is established, you can then start squeezing extra dollars out of them. The financial climate at the moment is forcing the customer to be smarter about money. And ditching the XBL subscription is going to be a selling point for the PS4 (among many others) Microsoft needs to acknowledge the current situation with how much gamers have to spend, and adapt accordingly.
---
Beth fanboy logic: "This rat poison comes in a bigger container than this champagne, so clearly it's the better value." Duckyhunter
#13runner5676Posted 10/21/2013 7:31:10 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
3x as many units + better marketing + DESTINY+ "competition" with non existent lineup = don't have to be aggressive.

Thats like apple worrying about Verstmnt tablets.

Hey look guys. Major Nelson is posting on Gamefaqs.
---
Beth fanboy logic: "This rat poison comes in a bigger container than this champagne, so clearly it's the better value." Duckyhunter
#14chrish909Posted 10/21/2013 7:33:14 PM
Ms is a huge company unlike sony. Sony has pretty much nothing besides playstation and a few others, they can take shots and it wont make their other products look bad, there are none. If ms took shots at sony, people would use it to trash other ms products like windows.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#15ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/21/2013 7:35:54 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Gamers hold grudges so strongly that Microsoft could come out and say that all Xbox One games will be free forever and the community would still hate them.

Microsoft's current policy of "Gamers are a miserable pit of despair so let's not worry about them" is really the only smart approach to take.

How is that right when Microsoft with its Xbox 360 was practically everyone's favorite this gen? They HAD people in the palm of their hands and they ruined their image themselves. People only dislike them now because of their actions with the XB1.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#16Combo626(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 8:00:44 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Microsoft tried to be aggressive, but they got punched in the mouth by their fans.

Huh? Dare I ask?
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#17AwayFromHerePosted 10/21/2013 8:13:13 PM
Combo626 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Microsoft tried to be aggressive, but they got punched in the mouth by their fans.

Huh? Dare I ask?

The always online, the DRM, the mandatory Kinect, etc.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#18Combo626(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 8:20:06 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Combo626 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

Huh? Dare I ask?

The always online, the DRM, the mandatory Kinect, etc.

How was that them being aggressive? Clearly you didn't read my post to know the context of what I meant.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#19AwayFromHerePosted 10/21/2013 8:21:45 PM
Combo626 posted...

How was that them being aggressive? Clearly you didn't read my post to know the context of what I meant.

Introducing all of that at once, on one console, was about as aggressive as they could get.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#20Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/21/2013 8:22:22 PM
Major Nelson's on the case!
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180