So... I just saw the "Perfect Day" Ps4 commercial playing on the 360 dashboard.

#11FoppePosted 10/24/2013 3:49:34 AM
Maize84 posted...
And yet, with everyone X-one sold, Sony makes more money due to the blu-ray drive. The cycle of business is a strange one.

Will they?
Microsoft is probably using a FLLA with a multiple business categorie, which will cost them $30,000 for 5 years.
Let's say that they use ROM3.0 FLLA, which will cost them $60,000 for 5 years instead.
The fee for ROM2.0 and ROM3.0 FLLA Commercial Audiovisual Content is another $4,000.
So it's $64,000 split on 5 years, which is...
$12,800 per year that Microsoft have to pay the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Now I don't know how they split the licensing money inside the Blu-ray Disc Association, I do however know that it got 18 Board Members and 58 Contributors, so it's pretty clear that Sony will only get a small number of that money.
And since Sony is one of the Board Members, they have to pay a annual fee of $50,000.
Which means that Sony will not "earn" Microsoft's money, that number is red.

...besides, Sony is still one of the Founding Members of DVD Forum, which means that they indirectly get a few dollar (or cents?) for each Xbox 360 sold.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#12CyborgTwentyPosted 10/27/2013 10:03:41 AM
Sony flipped Microsoft over on it's back and attacked it's weak point for massive damage!
#13MegaWinFTWPosted 10/27/2013 10:05:30 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
Microsoft are genius they let Sony pay them huge amounts of $ for a few meaningless ads.

I somehow doubt you'd be calling ads meaningless if the roles were reversed here. Advertising is always far from meaningless.
#14BigBOO2UPosted 10/27/2013 10:09:16 AM
Maize84 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
Microsoft are genius they let Sony pay them huge amounts of $ for a few meaningless ads.
This.

And yet, with everyone X-one sold, Sony makes more money due to the blu-ray drive. The cycle of business is a strange one.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Xbox Fanboys don't like that particular bubble burst! Let them keep thinking that Microsoft is the one making money off of Sony ads for the PS4 running on the Xbox 360!

:D
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#15SunDevil77Posted 10/27/2013 10:09:18 AM
Maize84 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
This.

And with every BluRay disc, I believe Microsoft makes cash from their VC-1
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#16MrImpatient35Posted 10/27/2013 10:11:31 AM
I haven't been using my X360 much this year, but every time I do, I see a bunch of ads for X1, or their games. So I find this hard to believe.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, Xbox Fitness (1-Year free), KI3 (F2P)
#17scoobydoobydontPosted 10/27/2013 10:13:21 AM
This is a horrible misuse (in every sense) of a great song. I now hate Sony.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#18YumeOMiruPosted 10/27/2013 10:15:26 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
I'm sure they don't control entirely what ads are playing on the dashboard, but that's kind of weird.

That awesome ad will only make people jump the Xbone ship.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#19DarkJaydragonPosted 10/27/2013 10:16:14 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...

They are saying that all Sony users are heroin addicts.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#20scoobydoobydontPosted 10/27/2013 10:20:43 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...

They are saying that all Sony users are heroin addicts.

Based on that commercial, I would say it's more than just Sony's users. I can't believe how rustled my jimmies are over this, I'm not even kidding. I guess I should consider myself lucky this is the first time a song I love is being s*** on to sell something, but it really pisses me off.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png