So... I just saw the "Perfect Day" Ps4 commercial playing on the 360 dashboard.

#41TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 10/27/2013 1:21:02 PM
MegaWinFTW posted...
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
It's quite obvious if you read the entire topic. You know what happens when you assume...

This site has quote functionality, you're using it now, if you don't quote a specific post or posts in a topic then everyone assumes that you're responding to the opening post unless it only makes sense if in reply to one immediately above, especially if it's someone's first post in that topic.

There's multiple people mentioning it, I'm not going to quote all of them. And again, it's obvious who that was directed to, unless you lack common sense.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#42MegaWinFTWPosted 10/27/2013 1:25:33 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
There's multiple people mentioning it, I'm not going to quote all of them. And again, it's obvious who that was directed to, unless you lack common sense.

It really isn't obvious at all. You didn't have to quote everyone mentioning it, just one, or at the very least say that's what you're comparing it to, otherwise everyone will assume that the comparison is directed at the opening post.

Honestly, you don't need to get so defensive just because you weren't clear.
#43Board_ColliePosted 10/27/2013 1:37:39 PM
It's really kinda funny.
#44TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 10/27/2013 1:40:36 PM
If you read the entire topic until you arrived at my post it's wouldn't be hard to deduce who it's directed at. If every post that wasn't quoting anything is automatically directed at the opening post, then this post wouldn't make any sense.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#45Excal1burPosted 10/27/2013 2:14:09 PM
Maize84 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
Microsoft are genius they let Sony pay them huge amounts of $ for a few meaningless ads.
This.

And yet, with everyone X-one sold, Sony makes more money due to the blu-ray drive. The cycle of business is a strange one.

you do know Microsoft owns the codec that blu-ray movies use.
#46BeastOfWar316Posted 10/27/2013 2:33:39 PM
Excal1bur posted...
Maize84 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
Microsoft are genius they let Sony pay them huge amounts of $ for a few meaningless ads.
This.

And yet, with everyone X-one sold, Sony makes more money due to the blu-ray drive. The cycle of business is a strange one.

And Every Sony Vaio sold is pushing Windows. Last I check, that's money in MS' pocket.
---
MAINSTREAM'D
#47ILikesCheesePosted 10/27/2013 4:11:17 PM
Excal1bur posted...

There are MANY codecs that blu rays can use. The VC 1 is but one. It is up to the individual studios which codec is used. Also, Microsoft is but one of 18 owners of the patent. Furthermore, licensing fees for use of the codec are minimal.

"Blu Ray" is also "owned" by several companies. However, Sony and Panasonic own the majority percentages IIRC, with Phillips in a distant third. The licensing fees are also much more substantial than that of the VC 1 codec.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#48ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/27/2013 4:17:59 PM
DarkJaydragon posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
This is a horrible misuse (in every sense) of a great song. I now hate Sony.

They are saying that all Sony users are heroin addicts.

Based on that commercial, I would say it's more than just Sony's users. I can't believe how rustled my jimmies are over this, I'm not even kidding. I guess I should consider myself lucky this is the first time a song I love is being s*** on to sell something, but it really pisses me off.

It's been used in lot's of things, the movie trainspotting, the trailer for the movie this year called "you're next" been used in lots of adverts such as an At&T advert for the 2010 Olympics, an ad for Downton Abbey. The BBC done a charity version of it a few years ago too, featuring a lot of famous singers singing on it.

These are just the ones I can remember.

I bet it would be a different story if it was MS releasing a commercial with the song...
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#49Double O NegroPosted 10/27/2013 5:06:54 PM
Maize84 posted...
mcnichoj posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
This.

Wrong, Blu-Ray is owned by several companies working together. Which is why MS can use it in the first place because the league of companies want the proliferation of blu ray drives in everything.
---
"Dont blame me, blame yourself or your God!!" -Delita(Final Fantasy Tactics)
#50ILikesCheesePosted 10/27/2013 8:59:38 PM
Double O Negro posted...
Wrong, Blu-Ray is owned by several companies working together. Which is why MS can use it in the first place because the league of companies want the proliferation of blu ray drives in everything.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about because you couldn't be more wrong.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?