Anyone else here plans to be all Digital by the middle to end of this gen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else here plans to be all Digital by the middle to end of this gen?

User Info: zerooo0

3 years ago#1
I'm buying my games physical copies right now, but if MS/Developers start putting games out on the store on release then I might consider. Depends on how MS & the Developers do it this gen though.
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.

User Info: triple s

triple s
3 years ago#2
The only way I can see myself being all digital is if the deals are as great as Steams. I have a digital collection of over 300 Steam games and my collection wouldn't be anywhere near that if I didn't take advantage of a bunch of deals. The bright thing about physical for me is that I can sell games that I'm not playing anymore. With digital, if you hate the game you're stuck with it.
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: HiddenRoar

3 years ago#3
Literally Bitcoins

But controlled exclusively by Microsoft and mostly likely deleted once the Xbox Two comes out (or the Entertainment division is scrapped)

User Info: Foxx3k

3 years ago#4
I want to go digital but I hope that digital codes are sold at retail.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: triple s

triple s
3 years ago#5
Another reason why I don't want to go all digital because I'm pretty much going from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and not one game that I bought on the Xbox 360 will be able to be transferred over. Xbox 360 support isn't going to last forever, so even if I kept the console around it's kind of a pain to have it just to play my digital purchases.
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: Cowboy082288

3 years ago#6
I'm going all digital from the start. I already do this on my PC and much prefer it. Who knows, maybe if the console market moves heavily to digital we could see better prices/deals like the steam store.
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni

User Info: Hucast9

3 years ago#7
I'm going physical, but I like the idea of less space taken up when you go digital. I have a shelf completely filled with Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360 games (not to mention NES, SNES, Dreamcast, and PS1 games in my closet) which I would hate to lose if a disaster were to occur or if I had to move to another location permanently and if I couldn't take too much with me. Losing your entire lifetime's collection of physical games is a very real possibility. With digital you just redownload if anything happens as long as the service is still operational.
Digital doesn't offer me anything and gives me no incentive to do so. Can't get them any cheaper unless it's some random summer/winter sale. Can't trade them in towards new games.
May 21, 2013 : RIP Xbox --- August 12, 2013 : Resurrected

User Info: JohnWall32

3 years ago#9
no...the games will take up too much space...example nba 2k14 is 50 gb

User Info: TheApd_Returns

3 years ago#10
I went all-digital with my 3DS and PC, but for some reason, still stick with disks for console.

3DS DD is convenient as a portable device... no need to bring a carrying case or anything like that anymore, just the 3DS and a charger and I have my entire library wherever I go. And a 32GB SD card can hold pretty much every worthwhile 3DS card and then some.

Steam just made it too easy and centralized for PC gaming, and I never liked the way PC game cases looked past the DVD-era. That, and my SSD is large enough to keep all currently-played games installed at once ( I just keep older game saves in case I uninstall something and want to come back to it later).

The only digital games I have on Xbox are Arcade games and Skate 1 + 2, because local gamestop didnt have them anymore and didnt feel like waiting for amazon.
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else here plans to be all Digital by the middle to end of this gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived