Hate to say it, but Xbox one will win the console war.

#11singhellotakuPosted 10/21/2013 10:51:24 PM
Here is the thing, I already have things with nearly ALL of those features connected to my tv, you know how including a camera on a device isn't a big deal now that EVERYTHING includes one? same deal. I think it will win because the Madden, COD, HALO, Gears crowd that just buys the yearly installments of a few franchises but come out in droves for them all tend to go XBOX for a number of reasons.

The hardcore crowd will all go ps4 for petty revenge like I did and buy all multiplat releases on it while eventually choosing to buy everything because their need to play everything will eventually win out, and that other crowd will just go x1 and move on, driving console sales while individual x1 game sales especially outside of major AAA releases will do extremely poorly unless they are exclusive and force us to buy the occasional x1 game.
#12singhellotakuPosted 10/21/2013 11:04:20 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
GGearX posted...
It pretty much IS a all in one box.

No it's not. It's a hub that you plug all your currently-existing devices and services into so you can do s*** you can already do, just with the privilege of saying you're doing it on the X-Box One (as long as you pay Microsoft to access those other services you can already use without it).

I know people are stupid, but I really hope people aren't quite at the level of stupidity that makes non-gamers think they need a 500 dollar box that will charge them a monthly fee to access all the services and apps they already have.

Yep, I can't for the life of me see why running my cablebox through the x1 rather than through another input on the same tv is supposed to be a groundbreaking feature.
#13Ash778Posted 10/21/2013 11:05:01 PM
GGearX posted...

but who is going to buy the ps4 to watch netflix?

Funny enough, more people watch netflix on PS3 than 360. PS4 will probably end up being the same way.
#14OandA_PestPosted 10/21/2013 11:09:03 PM
Reassurance Topic. Move along people.
---
Proud Pest. Opie and Anthony on MTV: Beavant and Butt-Hughes! http://imgur.com/xtRZJ4B
#15singhellotakuPosted 10/21/2013 11:18:22 PM
Ash778 posted...
GGearX posted...

Funny enough, more people watch netflix on PS3 than 360. PS4 will probably end up being the same way.

That said, I can watch netflix on my computer/phone/wii/3ds/360/ps3...3 of which are hooked to the same tv with the others typically on my person and the computer sitting 5 feet from said tv, why exactly do I need yet another device with the same feature?
#16RebelGameMasterPosted 10/22/2013 1:03:58 AM
Lmao! Console war.

There is no console war this gen. Just PS4s marching down the streets and XBones tightly crammed into prison camps.
---
:)
#17malkavian_feverPosted 10/22/2013 1:17:28 AM
Yo dawg...I heard you like TV. So I made you a game system that lets you watch TV on your TV.
#18epicfailtryhardPosted 10/22/2013 1:26:18 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
GGearX posted...
It pretty much IS a all in one box.

No it's not. It's a hub that you plug all your currently-existing devices and services into so you can do s*** you can already do, just with the privilege of saying you're doing it on the X-Box One (as long as you pay Microsoft to access those other services you can already use without it).

I know people are stupid, but I really hope people aren't quite at the level of stupidity that makes non-gamers think they need a 500 dollar box that will charge them a monthly fee to access all the services and apps they already have.

lol...so true.
---
"if you consider a troll to be someone who is expressing their opinion and isn't rattled by yours being different...welcome home.~me
#19epicfailtryhardPosted 10/22/2013 1:29:18 AM
Ash778 posted...
GGearX posted...

netflix is also free on ps3...paid service on xbox360. i'm sure it will be the same on next gen.
---
"if you consider a troll to be someone who is expressing their opinion and isn't rattled by yours being different...welcome home.~me
#20SilentS89Posted 10/22/2013 1:42:55 AM
epicfailtryhard posted...
Ash778 posted...
GGearX posted...

netflix is also free on ps3...paid service on xbox360. i'm sure it will be the same on next gen.

Exactly, the non-gaming casuals won't eat up the Xbone because their non-gaming apps are behind the Gold paywall.

They aren't going to pay for Gold just to watch Netflix.