How come some people try to make it seem as if COD was for the unintelligent?

#21OandA_PestPosted 10/21/2013 11:53:59 PM
Excal1bur posted...
I love call of duty haters.

They are some of the funniest people, because they actually believe what they say.

The difference between MW3 and Black ops 2 alone is more then most sequels to games that take 2 and 3 years to come out.

LOL.

LMAO.

ROFLMAO okay okay...

Ashton Kutcher, where are ya, dude? I got punk'd okay, ya got me lol. This guy can't possibly be for real.
---
Proud Pest. Opie and Anthony on MTV: Beavant and Butt-Hughes! http://imgur.com/xtRZJ4B
#22JohnHalo343Posted 10/21/2013 11:56:18 PM
Because CoD IS for the unintelligent and unskilled. Compared to a game like Halo, CoD is child's play.

Halo stresses map control, power weapon timing, team movement, player positioning, callouts and communications to be successful in a team. Individually, you must be able to master a myriad of weapons that you may have to be forced to use in any given situation, from the Brute Shot to the Battle Rifle.

Speaking of Battle Rifles, it takes far more skill to win a BR duel than it does to kill someone in CoD. In CoD, as along as you see someone first your are 'almost' always guarantees the kill unless you are a total spaz. I Halo, it isn't a few bullets and they are dead. You must be able to consistently be able to keep the crosshairs on your opponent for the duration of a BR duel in order to properly 4sk them. Moat of the time your enemy is strafing, jumping around, crouch strafing and jumping, as are you which factors into the difficulty of keeping steady aim. Couple that with a reduced aim assist you see in Halo and you have your self a game for a superior competitive player.

That is why CoD is considered to be for unintelligent, Neanderthals.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#23Millertime660Posted 10/22/2013 12:26:10 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
Because CoD IS for the unintelligent and unskilled. Compared to a game like Halo, CoD is child's play.

Halo stresses map control, power weapon timing, team movement, player positioning, callouts and communications to be successful in a team. Individually, you must be able to master a myriad of weapons that you may have to be forced to use in any given situation, from the Brute Shot to the Battle Rifle.

Speaking of Battle Rifles, it takes far more skill to win a BR duel than it does to kill someone in CoD. In CoD, as along as you see someone first your are 'almost' always guarantees the kill unless you are a total spaz. I Halo, it isn't a few bullets and they are dead. You must be able to consistently be able to keep the crosshairs on your opponent for the duration of a BR duel in order to properly 4sk them. Moat of the time your enemy is strafing, jumping around, crouch strafing and jumping, as are you which factors into the difficulty of keeping steady aim. Couple that with a reduced aim assist you see in Halo and you have your self a game for a superior competitive player.

That is why CoD is considered to be for unintelligent, Neanderthals.

yet they are 2 completely different games. I bet a seasoned COD player could come up with just as many reasons why COD is more intelligent than Halo.
#24MashYouGoodPosted 10/22/2013 12:30:16 AM
How come some people try to make it seem as if COD was for the unintelligent?

Hold left-trigger > mash right-trigger > scream into mic > die > re-spawn > repeat until brain cell deterioration is such that one's autonomic systems shut down. (*Shouldn't take longer than a few hours of gameplay, max)

Don't feel alienated, however. All FPS's are made for the sub intelligent gamer demographic. Call of Dullards just happens to be the beacon unto the genre.
#25KotomineKireiPosted 10/22/2013 12:31:21 AM
Hucast9 posted...
I assure you that COD games requires skill and intelligence in order to get a positive score in matches. When you play on-line you have to understand:

- The most probable locations of enemy movements.
- Typical enemy behavior
- Sitting in one location most of the match helps neither you or your team mates
- Be aware of your surroundings and how much danger your are in at any given time
- Make split second decisions at times
- Understand what's happening. If you're getting rushed, do not sit and wait for 3 guys to tear you apart as they rush you.

Why do you think that some people make it seem as if only dumb people play this game?

Waiting in certain areas and moving from time to time, and setting up traps(which tend to not work) is the extent of intelligent play in this game, as most of the game just relies on your instincts.
However, I suppose that is mostly the case for all competitive multiplayer FPS/TPS games aside from RTS/FPS/TPS hybrids.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlVHXT3edG4
#26RevenancedPosted 10/22/2013 12:39:20 AM
People who dont understand the flow of a map, camping spots, frequently used areas, how to appropriately throw (and when) grenades, aiming of all the weapons and understanding pros and cons think it's just a simple point and shoot game that's easy to master.

It's exceedingly rare that I come across someone who hates shooters and is actually good at them.
---
-[Supporter of PS4][Xbox 360 User][FF Fan][Tales of Fan][Black Ops Fan][Elder Scrolls Fan]-
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#27Uber-WontonPosted 10/22/2013 1:10:58 AM
Revenanced posted...
People who dont understand the flow of a map, camping spots, frequently used areas, how to appropriately throw (and when) grenades, aiming of all the weapons and understanding pros and cons think it's just a simple point and shoot game that's easy to master.

It's exceedingly rare that I come across someone who hates shooters and is actually good at them.

All those things you listed are simple basic fundamentals that are required for any mp fps ever - which boils down to knowing the map and knowing how to shoot. The difference is that cod doesn't add anything on top of that. All you need to do is literally point and shoot, the guns have barely any recoil and the bullets are like lazers. The 'skill' is largely derived from reflexes and intuition, nothing more.

And why would someone be good at something they hate? Unless they're getting paid of course.
#28ChargrilledPosted 10/22/2013 1:11:53 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
Because it's popular and I look cool insulting people who buy it.

CoD has as much changes in every game as Madden, Fifa, Battlefield, Assassin's creed, Gears of War and a lot of other games. It's only the ignorant people who say is the same thing.

Not to mention that like 95% of the people who say that are complete noobs at the game.

---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#29GothmogzPosted 10/22/2013 1:13:27 AM
me and bunch friends are more smart people around me like not people call uninteliyent what i play cod much.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#30CokaineCowboy77Posted 10/22/2013 1:20:27 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
.CoD has as much changes in every game as Madden, Fifa, Battlefield, Assassin's creed, Gears of War and a lot of other games. It's only the ignorant people who say is the same thing..

Haha, this is too funny.

@TC, None of the examples you mentioned require any form of skill or intelligence. It's for twelve year old kids, I'm afraid.
---
"When it comes to sex don't test my skills, 'cause my head game got you head over heels" - Lil' Kim