Xbox One or gaming PC?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One or gaming PC?
2 years ago#1
Xbox One has some decent exclusives at launch, however is a gaming PC better overall?
2 years ago#2
PC if you can afford it. I'd definately go PC if I had $2000
GT- Neon KnLght
So like. You wanna play?
2 years ago#3
No one system is better or worse than the other. It all boils down to pwrsonal taste and only you know yours
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
2 years ago#4
as someone who is getting X1,

Gaming PC

Wait until the new AMD cards hit, those are amazing value for their benchmarks
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
2 years ago#5
Depends if the exclusives, Kinect, Snap, and other non-gaming features interest you.
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
2 years ago#6
The only game so far on he xbone that looks good is titanfall. I will get it for my Gaming Laptop. MS Digital Sales are a laughing stock compared to steam sales. I buy games for litteraly dollars per game. IF MS wanted to start going DD only they should have started giving you a reason with the 360. The sales the 360 had where a joke. If MS wants to do DD only next gen and wants people to buy in to that they better start doing those steam like sales very soon.
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
2 years ago#7
Im actually building my own gaming pc in protest
2 years ago#8
I started building a game PC once i heard new systems were coming out, i didn't want new systems and i still don't see the need for them. Its been 8 months since having my PC and i don't see myself going back to consoles for quite a while.
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
2 years ago#9
Not much difference between an Xbox One and a PC except for the exclusives for software. Hardware, the only significant advantage between console hardware and PC hardware is the GPU/CPU bus. Xbox One bus is 68GB/sec while the PS4 has 176GB/s bus. The PC's PCI Express 4.0 bus is only about 32GB/s and the current PCI Express 3.0 bus is only 16GB/s. For PC gamers dumb enough to build a PC system on launch year, their PC rigs will be choked when games start moving large amounts of data between the CPU and GPU. Although that may take a while for developers to push the consoles for that performance.

Using the Xbox One as the weakest of the two consoles for handling large amounts of data and you build a current PC, you would eventually need to move about 4X as much data between the CPU and GPU on a PCI Express 3.0 bus just to keep up with the Xbox One's 68GB/sec. So you would eventually have to upgrade both the CPU and GPU and maybe replace the motherboard with a PCI Express 4.0 if possible.

This is why I have decided not to upgrade my PC until the end of the next gen consoles and just buy a PS4/Xbox One combo. Besides the slow bus, PC gaming has a few other issues that need to be resolved before I return to PC gaming. Just my opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One or gaming PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived