Xbox One or gaming PC?

#1Second_HokagePosted 10/21/2013 9:10:39 PM
Xbox One has some decent exclusives at launch, however is a gaming PC better overall?
#2GGearXPosted 10/21/2013 9:15:19 PM
PC if you can afford it. I'd definately go PC if I had $2000
---
GT- Neon KnLght
So like. You wanna play?
#3grampamurkedPosted 10/21/2013 9:16:26 PM
No one system is better or worse than the other. It all boils down to pwrsonal taste and only you know yours
---
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
#4TheApd_ReturnsPosted 10/21/2013 9:20:38 PM
as someone who is getting X1,

Gaming PC

Wait until the new AMD cards hit, those are amazing value for their benchmarks
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
#5adonfrazPosted 10/21/2013 9:31:06 PM
Depends if the exclusives, Kinect, Snap, and other non-gaming features interest you.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#6ArkonBladePosted 10/21/2013 9:42:00 PM
The only game so far on he xbone that looks good is titanfall. I will get it for my Gaming Laptop. MS Digital Sales are a laughing stock compared to steam sales. I buy games for litteraly dollars per game. IF MS wanted to start going DD only they should have started giving you a reason with the 360. The sales the 360 had where a joke. If MS wants to do DD only next gen and wants people to buy in to that they better start doing those steam like sales very soon.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#7Hoasty1Posted 10/22/2013 12:02:10 AM
Im actually building my own gaming pc in protest
#8XtremeWRATH360Posted 10/22/2013 7:08:09 AM
I started building a game PC once i heard new systems were coming out, i didn't want new systems and i still don't see the need for them. Its been 8 months since having my PC and i don't see myself going back to consoles for quite a while.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#9avidgamer4Posted 10/22/2013 11:04:40 AM
Not much difference between an Xbox One and a PC except for the exclusives for software. Hardware, the only significant advantage between console hardware and PC hardware is the GPU/CPU bus. Xbox One bus is 68GB/sec while the PS4 has 176GB/s bus. The PC's PCI Express 4.0 bus is only about 32GB/s and the current PCI Express 3.0 bus is only 16GB/s. For PC gamers dumb enough to build a PC system on launch year, their PC rigs will be choked when games start moving large amounts of data between the CPU and GPU. Although that may take a while for developers to push the consoles for that performance.

Using the Xbox One as the weakest of the two consoles for handling large amounts of data and you build a current PC, you would eventually need to move about 4X as much data between the CPU and GPU on a PCI Express 3.0 bus just to keep up with the Xbox One's 68GB/sec. So you would eventually have to upgrade both the CPU and GPU and maybe replace the motherboard with a PCI Express 4.0 if possible.

This is why I have decided not to upgrade my PC until the end of the next gen consoles and just buy a PS4/Xbox One combo. Besides the slow bus, PC gaming has a few other issues that need to be resolved before I return to PC gaming. Just my opinion.