Question about digital vs disc

#1Kosmo240985Posted 10/22/2013 10:34:53 AM
Now i know that if you digitally download a game on the xbone you'll be able to swap quickly from game to game.

now, if you buy a disc based game, will you still be able to install it and switch between all the games in your library?

or will only digital games be available for the fast swap.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#2flamesaber111Posted 10/22/2013 10:36:28 AM
Do you mean install from disc and then remove the disc but still be able to play the installed game? Because I don't believe you can do that.
---
Can't wait for October!
Pokemon Y FC: 3609-1106-5751
#3Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 10:39:10 AM
flamesaber111 posted...
Do you mean install from disc and then remove the disc but still be able to play the installed game? Because I don't believe you can do that.

that's what i figured.

it looks like all the single player games i'll buy disc based and multiplayer digitally so that when friends wanna play online while im playing solo i can switch fast to the game.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#4TreGoodaPosted 10/22/2013 10:40:16 AM
This was originally a feature and it was awesome. Complainers got rid of it though. They don't like connecting to the internet to authenticate their purchases, thus, making this a very bad business decision.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#5RollnThunder213Posted 10/22/2013 11:26:25 AM
Yeah, still have to have the disc in the tray.

It's the reason I'm going all digital.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#6PStrifePosted 10/22/2013 1:02:06 PM
Enjoy your near future digital storage management headaches?? For reals.
#7AlexanaxelaPosted 10/22/2013 1:04:44 PM
switching games

first world problems
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#8RybalPosted 10/22/2013 1:23:24 PM
TreGooda posted...
This was originally a feature and it was awesome. Complainers got rid of it though. They don't like connecting to the internet to authenticate their purchases, thus, making this a very bad business decision.

The biggest issue with this was that they didn't allow for disk-based authentication at all. I seriously doubt that there would have been any complaints had disk-based authentication been noted as a secondary means for those times when you do not have access to the internet.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#9Gunther482Posted 10/22/2013 1:25:15 PM
Rybal posted...
TreGooda posted...

The biggest issue with this was that they didn't allow for disk-based authentication at all. I seriously doubt that there would have been any complaints had disk-based authentication been noted as a secondary means for those times when you do not have access to the internet.

This. Though apparently MS couldn't figure that out.
#10TreGoodaPosted 10/22/2013 3:19:28 PM
Gunther482 posted...
Rybal posted...
TreGooda posted...

This. Though apparently MS couldn't figure that out.

If you think through it, it's impossible. I'll let you think through it yourself since it's already been posted about 8 million times.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."