Question about digital vs disc

#11NewmoonPosted 10/22/2013 3:34:51 PM
TreGooda posted...
Gunther482 posted...
Rybal posted...
TreGooda posted...
This was originally a feature and it was awesome. Complainers got rid of it though. They don't like connecting to the internet to authenticate their purchases, thus, making this a very bad business decision.

The biggest issue with this was that they didn't allow for disk-based authentication at all. I seriously doubt that there would have been any complaints had disk-based authentication been noted as a secondary means for those times when you do not have access to the internet.

This. Though apparently MS couldn't figure that out.

If you think through it, it's impossible. I'll let you think through it yourself since it's already been posted about 8 million times.

This, thought to stir up the debate again I will post what the quoted post is implying:

There is nothing that would stop me from using my profile online and giving you this disc for authentic free gaming.

I think the problem is Microsoft should have come up with a better alternative such as allowing for sign outs from the central xbox and can't access that account from any other xbox until they sign in. Ideally sign ins could be done remotely so if I had signed out on my xbox and was with a friend I could ask the server to send in a sign in confirmation to my xbox which I could authenticate from my phone.
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#12Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 7:44:26 AM
Newmoon posted...
TreGooda posted...
Gunther482 posted...
Rybal posted...
TreGooda posted...
This was originally a feature and it was awesome. Complainers got rid of it though. They don't like connecting to the internet to authenticate their purchases, thus, making this a very bad business decision.

The biggest issue with this was that they didn't allow for disk-based authentication at all. I seriously doubt that there would have been any complaints had disk-based authentication been noted as a secondary means for those times when you do not have access to the internet.

This. Though apparently MS couldn't figure that out.

If you think through it, it's impossible. I'll let you think through it yourself since it's already been posted about 8 million times.

This, thought to stir up the debate again I will post what the quoted post is implying:

There is nothing that would stop me from using my profile online and giving you this disc for authentic free gaming.

I think the problem is Microsoft should have come up with a better alternative such as allowing for sign outs from the central xbox and can't access that account from any other xbox until they sign in. Ideally sign ins could be done remotely so if I had signed out on my xbox and was with a friend I could ask the server to send in a sign in confirmation to my xbox which I could authenticate from my phone.

the simplest solution was the 24hr check in.....

but then again i have a solid internett conection, i'm not poor and i'm not anal about online restrictions.
---
GT: Kozzie85