Has MS given up on the X1?

#1NathanDrakeSwagPosted 10/22/2013 12:14:39 PM
I have still not seen a single commercial for it and I watch ESPN and sports channels most of the time. But I see PS4 commercials almost every break.

Has MS decided to cut down on the marketing budget due to fear of failure?
#2GondolinRisesPosted 10/22/2013 12:16:14 PM
Here we go.gif
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#3TrickyPonyPosted 10/22/2013 12:17:48 PM
smells like troll in here
#4SakenKarasuPosted 10/22/2013 12:17:53 PM
I suspect they'll be doing advertising at a closer date.
#5Skynet82997Posted 10/22/2013 12:18:10 PM
I like the PS4 commercials - that new one with the two guys playing the games IRL, and at the end they're playing Killzone and one guy is ISA and the other is Helghast with the red eyes - thought that was amusing and clever.

Haven't been impressed with the XB1 commercials honestly.....

Be that as it may, obviously they're not "giving up" on the XB1. That's just dumb....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#6SteelToothPosted 10/22/2013 12:18:38 PM
Nah, they'll amp it up as launch inches closer.

Sony needs all the support they can get, so it's good they have a huge marketing campaign to reach those that dismissed them this gen. If Sony hadn't made the PS4 a good machine, it's possible they would be in dire straits, financially, so it really seems like it's a huge push to finally get back in the black.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#7Ch3wyPosted 10/22/2013 12:19:51 PM
Sony has spent 90% of their budget on marketing.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#8Satchmo25Posted 10/22/2013 12:24:57 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Sony has spent 90% of their budget on marketing.

lol, explains their launch lineup anyhow
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#9streamjumperPosted 10/22/2013 12:38:35 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
I like the PS4 commercials - that new one with the two guys playing the games IRL, and at the end they're playing Killzone and one guy is ISA and the other is Helghast with the red eyes - thought that was amusing and clever.

Haven't been impressed with the XB1 commercials honestly.....

Be that as it may, obviously they're not "giving up" on the XB1. That's just dumb....

My favorite part is when I realize that only one game in that commercial is a launch title (one of their only exclusive launch titles that isn't indie, no less), another is delayed until the Japanese release (which has far more exclusives as far as I can tell), and the third is at least half a year away with a $15/month and not exclusive in the least (not to mention that MMOs the the biggest case where consoles can't even come close to matching a PC).

But then I haven't been totally impressed with XB1's advertising either. Fortunately they've actually been talking to us a lot on other fronts. But Sony needs to come up with a better commercial or admit that they're just as rushed, if not more, than Microsoft here.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#10userfrigginamePosted 10/22/2013 12:39:32 PM
You know how stupid you'd sound if you weren't a Sony fanboy, and actually came to that conclusion with no bias? ... yeah, really stupid.