BATTLEFIELD 4 story trailer......it actually looks/sounds GOOD?!??!?!?!?!

#1zerooo0Posted 10/22/2013 12:16:47 PM(edited)
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/22/battlefield-4-official-single-player-story-trailer

Honestly it's sounding better than BF3 borefest of a story. Maybe DICE can/should take notes of making it fun. I'm interested in this story now & I may give it a try.

The VA at least seems good and their is a clear difference in the writing from this and BF3....HATED BF3 Story.

Also lol at the "Punching of the dog" part. Nice cheap shot DICE.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2500whpSRT4Posted 10/22/2013 12:24:19 PM
Honestly...

No. I am a HUGE Battlefield fan and even played through and completed the story in 3. This looks just as a bad, if not worse. That black guy looks like the most stereotypical, 2 dimensional character ever. The dialogue all around is corny, and I have no idea what the conflict is from that trailer. My hype for BF4 is at a 10, but this story seems bad. I will play it to complete the achievements and see the cool cinematic pieces, but thats it...
---
Awaiting: Forza 5, AC:IV, Battlefield 4, Destiny, Titanfall, Battlefront 3, Halo 5, Super Smash Bros U, Witcher 3
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 12:26:50 PM
500whpSRT4 posted...
Honestly...

No. I am a HUGE Battlefield fan and even played through and completed the story in 3. This looks just as a bad, if not worse. That black guy looks like the most stereotypical, 2 dimensional character ever. The dialogue all around is corny, and I have no idea what the conflict is from that trailer. My hype for BF4 is at a 10, but this story seems bad. I will play it to complete the achievements and see the cool cinematic pieces, but thats it...

BF3 was laughably sad. BF4 from the trailer looks like an improvement.

but yea man well that's like your opinion.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4userfrigginamePosted 10/22/2013 12:37:57 PM
If it actually has a good campaign mode, I might actually get it this time. Heard the last one kinda sucked.
#5Exodus_PrimePosted 10/22/2013 12:39:46 PM
Yeah Battlefield 3 campaign was okay, this one does look pretty sweet.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#6knightimexPosted 10/22/2013 12:41:06 PM
Dice desperate?
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#7_OujiDoza_Posted 10/22/2013 12:41:27 PM
500whpSRT4 posted...
Honestly...

That black guy looks like the most stereotypical, 2 dimensional character ever.

....why you gotta pick out the black guy, ya jerk.
---
You can't stop me, you can only hope to mod me.
#8FoppePosted 10/22/2013 12:47:12 PM
To quote Patrick Söderlund, EA exec...
I hate to say this, but storytelling does not come naturally to Swedes,
But we’re good at designing systems, and that’s what these games really are. Minecraft puts a box in front of you and says, ‘Do whatever you want with it.’ Battlefield is a system designed for entertainment rather than for telling you a story.

---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9ssj954vegitoPosted 10/22/2013 12:49:56 PM
I thought the stereotype about us was that we'd run away or leave people behind?
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#10MRL3G3NDPosted 10/22/2013 1:41:51 PM
siskel and ebert wannabe reviewers lol

BF3 story was nothing to write home about but it wasn't horrible...this is a bad trailer if you are looking for plot...it seems like they are advertising action more than plot

which seems logical seeing that we will be playing the action, not the drama

I never know wtf is going on in the COD's; I just know the action is fun, and that's what they are competing against
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q