BATTLEFIELD 4 story trailer......it actually looks/sounds GOOD?!??!?!?!?!

#11DamnEvilDogPosted 10/22/2013 2:25:00 PM
Well I am not saying that Battlefield 3's story was amazing, but I did enjoy the heck out of it, keep in mind that I did not and have not played the MP at all.

Battlefield 4 looks like it will be fun, have it preordered, I want a good looking next gen shooter and this looks like it will be better then the previous game for sure.
#12danl0134Posted 10/22/2013 2:50:12 PM
The responses in this topic make me think that people's standards have gotten unrealistically high.

This trailer makes the game look amazing and I'm actually considering it now. I usually go with Call of Duty since it has easy to access multiplayer and fun, yet generic campaigns but this is looking like what CoD4 did for modern, military FPS games in terms of storytelling and set pieces.

Thanks for linking. Looks great.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#13Reflex-ArcPosted 10/22/2013 3:06:01 PM
As someone who doesn't enjoy multiplayer shooters, but isn't afraid to admit that a big dumb action movie of a game can be fun, I'm thinking I may want to play this one after all. I'll give it a rental at least.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#14mike468Posted 10/22/2013 3:08:55 PM
Hopefully the campaign is a little more explanatory about where to go. I couldn't figure out how to make it past the start of second mission in BF3, I jumped over to the MP and could have cared less about the single player.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#15Mr_SociopathPosted 10/22/2013 3:12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTQh9INneY
---
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid
#16Foxx3kPosted 10/22/2013 3:20:58 PM
It looks like they are desperately trying to be COD.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#17500whpSRT4Posted 10/23/2013 9:05:34 AM
I dont understand anyone who is saying this looks decent or good.

- They don't show or explain any conflict or premise

- They show nonsensical dialogue about not leaving people behind and women in combat

- They show tons of scripted, cinematic action

- They say, "we have lost loved ones" - to what? WTF IS EVEN HAPPENING DICE?

- The black guy's facial animations are uncanny valley weird

I bet no one here can say what this campaign is about other than a squad who doesn't leave people behind and a women who they don't trust. Oh and that there is some hyper conflict leaving aircraft carriers destroyed.

As a longtime BF fan I know that the conflict has for a longtime been centered around a fictional war between the Chinese & Russians. You wouldn't know that though by the trailer.
---
Awaiting: Forza 5, AC:IV, Battlefield 4, Destiny, Titanfall, Battlefront 3, Halo 5, Super Smash Bros U, Witcher 3
#18ssj954vegitoPosted 10/24/2013 7:20:11 AM(edited)
500whpSRT4 posted...
I dont understand anyone who is saying this looks decent or good.

- They don't show or explain any conflict or premise

- They show nonsensical dialogue about not leaving people behind and women in combat

- They show tons of scripted, cinematic action

- They say, "we have lost loved ones" - to what? WTF IS EVEN HAPPENING DICE?

- The black guy's facial animations are uncanny valley weird

I bet no one here can say what this campaign is about other than a squad who doesn't leave people behind and a women who they don't trust. Oh and that there is some hyper conflict leaving aircraft carriers destroyed.

As a longtime BF fan I know that the conflict has for a longtime been centered around a fictional war between the Chinese & Russians. You wouldn't know that though by the trailer.

I agree they probably didn't explain as much as they could in this one video if you saw the end of fishing in Baku, China and Russia have teamed and are raising hell, if you'd imagine the size of such an army, it wouldn't be too hard to understand.

From the looks of it America and other affiliates are losing and hard and are resorting to dramatic measures. The mainland seems to have been invaded to the point that civvies are being brought onto airship carriers for refuge, and in a time like this, losses seem like they'd be very high and would enforce the whole "no man gets left behind" thing.

The woman seems asian and with the current situation may have been part of the Chinese army sweeping over the land, but defected, obviously some may not trust her. Irish especially as maybe his reasons are more personal.

And about scripted action, obviously they're gonna show the best stuff, how popular is BF for it's campaign? They don't want people to browse right over something hey finally seemed to work so hard on.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#19ssj954vegitoPosted 10/24/2013 7:21:01 AM
On a side note, did you see the size of that apple Irish tossed?! That thing could end world hunger!
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?