Xbone: Get the facts

#1Dev0311Posted 10/22/2013 1:55:44 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/get-the-facts

"Your Xbox One doesn’t need to be connected for you to enjoy offline features of games. In fact, you can take the Xbox One anywhere and play any disc-based Xbox One game on it. The only times you need an online connection are for initial set-up of Xbox One, and to get the latest system and title updates before you start playing some games."

Something quite funny about making it a point that you can play Xbone games offline, but an internet connection is required to even set-up the console. Can't play right out of the box? That blows.

"To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” This puts Xbox One into standby mode where it’s only listening for the voice command, “Xbox On.” 6 You can also turn off your Kinect through the system settings, or you can simply unplug it. Xbox One does not require a Kinect to be plugged in for the system to function."

Cheaper Kinect-less Xbone confirmed for future release. If you don't wanna spend $100 more for Kinect, hold out a few months and it's pretty much guaranteed a cheaper Kinect-less SKU will be available.
#2blitz_0623Posted 10/22/2013 1:59:05 PM(edited)
Dev0311 posted...
Cheaper Kinect-less Xbone confirmed for future release.

Where exactly do they confirm a Kinect-less SKU? MS has REPEATEDLY mentioned they have NO plans. It's not confirmed - just a possibility.

I would go as far as saying Titanfall and DR3 have better chances of going to the PS4 and Deep Down going to the X1
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#3Ch3wyPosted 10/22/2013 1:58:48 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Dev0311 posted...

Where exactly do they confirm a Kinect-less SKU? MS has REPEATEDLY mentioned they have NO plans. It's not confirmed - just a possibility.

Give him a break, he's drunk.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4chrish909Posted 10/22/2013 1:59:35 PM
Oh noes I have to download a patch. I do that every single time I turn on my ps3

tc = uber desperate
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#5FoppePosted 10/22/2013 2:00:35 PM
If it's so hard to get a internet connection then wait for the third batch, pretty sure they will come with the installation files already installed.
Or wait a month or two and it will probably be included with every new disc.
I see no facts, all I see are somebody grasping at straws.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6HENTAIDOJIPosted 10/22/2013 2:03:53 PM
"Something quite funny about making it a point that you can play Xbone games offline, but an internet connection is required to even set-up the console. Can't play right out of the box?"

That was MS' ultimate troll to the haters. They said they didn't want to go online. Every one of the first 14 million who buys one will go online.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#7segamaster316Posted 10/22/2013 2:12:33 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Dev0311 posted...

I would go as far as saying Titanfall and DR3 have better chances of going to the PS4 and Deep Down going to the X1

Sure, they won't have a Kinect-less Xbox 1 until someone flips the switch and they do. Hey, it'll only be the 500th 180 they would have done.
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 10/22/2013 2:20:57 PM
Will someone who would rather own a PS4 come in here and just tell these guys enough? It's like beating a dead horse, except this horse is now completely flattened and all you're doing is stomping on concrete.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#9Combo626Posted 10/22/2013 2:24:05 PM
Dev0311 posted...
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/get-the-facts

"Your Xbox One doesn’t need to be connected for you to enjoy offline features of games. In fact, you can take the Xbox One anywhere and play any disc-based Xbox One game on it. The only times you need an online connection are for initial set-up of Xbox One, and to get the latest system and title updates before you start playing some games."

Something quite funny about making it a point that you can play Xbone games offline, but an internet connection is required to even set-up the console. Can't play right out of the box? That blows.

"To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” This puts Xbox One into standby mode where it’s only listening for the voice command, “Xbox On.” 6 You can also turn off your Kinect through the system settings, or you can simply unplug it. Xbox One does not require a Kinect to be plugged in for the system to function."

Cheaper Kinect-less Xbone confirmed for future release. If you don't wanna spend $100 more for Kinect, hold out a few months and it's pretty much guaranteed a cheaper Kinect-less SKU will be available.

You, sir, are retarded. WiiU had a day one update as well.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#10ILikesCheesePosted 10/22/2013 2:24:53 PM
Ch3wy posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Dev0311 posted...

Give him a break, he's drunk.

Anyone who believes Microsoft when they say they have no plans for a Kinect-less SKU is truly a hopeless fool.

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?