Xbone price drop?

#1SkilzMCPosted 10/22/2013 7:30:52 PM
My friend told me the Xbone just dropped down to a $400 price tag? I couldn't believe it, was he talking out his ass?
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#2Flare1721Posted 10/22/2013 7:32:38 PM
Yes. Now go pay the $500 it cost, you get what you pay for. Just like the BC PS3 being $600 and all the whiners wanting a cheaper console so what does Sony do? They take things out to reduce the price! And then MORE whiners complain about no BC.

Again you get what you pay for.
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2, We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721 Boston Bruins thank you for a hard fought season!
#3SkilzMC(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:37:17 PM
Flare1721 posted...

Yup, if I bought an Xbone but I would paying for the Kinect I don't want, you are correct.

Well that's too bad, that would have put Microsoft on a nearly even playing field with Sony if it had been true.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#4blitz_0623Posted 10/22/2013 7:40:57 PM
SkilzMC posted...
Flare1721 posted...

Yup, if I bought an Xbone but I would paying for the Kinect I don't want, you are correct.

Well that's too bad, that would have put Microsoft on a nearly even playing field with Sony if it had been true.

That's your opinion obviously. Others find Kinect as a worthy $100 add on and is the reason they will be getting the X1
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#5SkilzMC(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:44:28 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
SkilzMC posted...
Flare1721 posted...

That's your opinion obviously. Others find Kinect as a worthy $100 add on and is the reason they will be getting the X1

Yes that is my opinion, obviously, so obviously I didn't feel the need to preface it with "in my opinion." But thanks for the enlightening comment brah!
---
- GT Skillz MC
#6blitz_0623Posted 10/22/2013 7:47:45 PM(edited)
Not sure why you need to be a smartass about it. I was just saying because opinions are quite unclear on these boards.

You can actually get trolled for saying MS will be on a level playing field if they drop the price to $399, by the same people who will say "Even if X1 is $399 PS4 will destroy X1" and vice versa
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#7Def_S0ulPosted 10/22/2013 7:57:25 PM
Flare1721 posted...
Yes. Now go pay the $500 it cost, you get what you pay for. Just like the BC PS3 being $600 and all the whiners wanting a cheaper console so what does Sony do? They take things out to reduce the price! And then MORE whiners complain about no BC.

Well sorry for the people who sold their PS2. Mine is still alive and kicking along with my PS3 second model and I'll never let my PS2 go. I'm still gonna keep my older consoles after I buy a PS4 in the next 3-4 years. See backwards compatibility is a nice feature and all but what if that console version dies off? A couple of my friends had their phat PS3 died off eventually and since they sold their PS2 then they can't play PS2 games anymore. Tough luck. I'd rather have the console developers do away with backwards compatibility in favor of making their newest console cheaper since I'm gonna keep my old console anyway.
#8ZeoDefenderPosted 10/22/2013 8:07:08 PM
There will probably be a massive price drop before Christmas of next year. The hardcore will buy it at launch, but $500 is far too much for the general audience. If $500 is too much for you then wait a year.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#9Flare1721Posted 10/23/2013 10:01:44 PM
SkilzMC posted...
Flare1721 posted...

Tough luck. Thats what their offering. Could always just sell Kinect on Ebay.
---
Xemnas - Best Final Boss Ever - KH2, We Want Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721 Boston Bruins thank you for a hard fought season!
#10Dev0311Posted 10/23/2013 10:22:32 PM
SkilzMC posted...
My friend told me the Xbone just dropped down to a $400 price tag? I couldn't believe it, was he talking out his ass?

Dropped down or bowed down to a $400 price tag (PS4)?