Xbox One Digital Vision Simply Reordered, Could Return After Launch

#21SoulTrapperPosted 10/24/2013 2:02:59 AM
mike468 posted...

according to halfblackcanadian"This applies to digital only. With on disc verification there is no way to force anything to those with disc based content. The original vision included discs without hard coded verification. This is why the check in was necessary. Don't make this sound like something it isn't (going to be)"

People love to twist stuff

What's your point?

Those are the original policies.
The original policies were there for digital games only, because there were no physical games planned.
You'd need to download every game, that was their vision, which is part of why people got upset.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#22SoulTrapperPosted 10/24/2013 1:47:12 PM
bob15x posted...

are some of you really that dense that you can't wrap your head around the fact that you can have the current policies and the digital policies working in tandem?

The problem is that people don't want them, they don't want the DRM crap and made it abundantly clear towards Microsoft.

It's great if MS can find a way around it, but by what they're saying it's the same crap all over again.
---
#23BudWisenheimerPosted 10/24/2013 1:57:10 PM
fretless58 posted...
chrish909 posted...
fretless58 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
When asked more directly about the return of DRM and 24-hour check-ins, Harrison remarked that its all there, insinuating that nothing has truly been removed from the console.

Why do people keep claiming MS "listened to the fans" when they removed the DRM?
They listened to the pre-orders, they'll screw you all over as soon as they get the chance.

Indeed. If they really wanted to remove the DRM and 24-hour check-ins, they would have did some changes to the actual hardware of the thing, not create a patch that just causes the system to ignore the check-ins.

And you guys are the good guys here to stop the evil microsoft?

No, we're just making informed decisions.

Your decisions don't seem very informed. There never is/was any such thing as "DRM-hardware" on the Xbone. It's all software-based. No special discs. No special disc-readers. Just lots and lots of coding that would have gone into the finished OS to corroborate everyone's purchases every 24-hours.
#24SoulTrapperPosted 10/25/2013 10:35:57 AM
BudWisenheimer posted...

Your decisions don't seem very informed. There never is/was any such thing as "DRM-hardware" on the Xbone. It's all software-based. No special discs. No special disc-readers. Just lots and lots of coding that would have gone into the finished OS to corroborate everyone's purchases every 24-hours.

That's correct.

Which makes it all the easier to bring it back after launch.
---
#25Skynet82997Posted 10/25/2013 10:38:15 AM
benjimain posted...
Oh look, Bob is whining and throwing a tantrum because people are criticising MS or the Xbox One, once again.

Funny how you turn a blind eye to people doing it about Sony or the PS4 right? Oh hang on, you actually help do that yourself:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67595513/762064537

God, I'm a fanboy.

We know - no need to tell us again. Every post and topic you make REEKS of neckbeard fanboy stench.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#26BudWisenheimerPosted 10/25/2013 10:38:53 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

That's correct.

Agreed. Maybe not "easy." But yes certainly easier. And I know they'd love to do it. However I doubt they will.
#27SoulTrapperPosted 10/25/2013 10:44:32 AM
BudWisenheimer posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

That's correct.

Agreed. Maybe not "easy." But yes certainly easier. And I know they'd love to do it. However I doubt they will.

I think they will bring it back, but not in the same form as it was at E3.

Only time will tell, though.
---