Have you forgiven Microsoft for the policies that they had planned for Xbone?

#1WildsparkPosted 10/23/2013 8:22:35 PM
Have you forgiven MS for the horrible policies they had planned? - Results (299 votes)
Yes
8.7% (26 votes)
No
31.1% (93 votes)
I'm starting to
3.01% (9 votes)
I'm not sure
5.35% (16 votes)
I'll never forgive them
32.11% (96 votes)
I never cared
19.73% (59 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I thought that their policies were despicable when I heard about the Xbox one reveal( drm, always on kinect etc.), but I got over it a while ago and decided that I might buy an Xbone someday if they ever make exclusives that interest me. Have you forgiven them?
---
When you give up, that's when the game is over
#2micheal82Posted 10/23/2013 8:27:53 PM
To all the people who said no, have you forgiven Sony for all of the horrible actions they have done? The most recent was the online passes for their first party games. Before that it was the root kits and installing spyware on your PC. In other words neither company is ran by angels and both of them only care about getting your money.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#3Hucast9Posted 10/23/2013 8:33:29 PM
As far as i'm concerned, they earned respect for not sticking with the drm authentication. They listened to the feedback, and reacted.
#4Hucast9Posted 10/23/2013 8:48:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5FinzFan4lifePosted 10/23/2013 8:50:39 PM
Hucast9 posted...
How do you define what is hardcore? Are the 50,000+ players that currently play Modern Warfare 3 hardcore players? In total, maybe 10 million played the game on-line. I base that 10 million on new players' rankings. You can say that since the majority left the game, then the majority was not hardcore enough to continue.

Or you can look at it another way. You can say that half the players who are left in this game have hardcore kill counts (which I know is true from my own experience with MW3). This basically says that hardcore players do in fact play this game.

It all depends on how you look at it.

Do you even read?
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#6Hucast9Posted 10/23/2013 8:51:46 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
Hucast9 posted...
How do you define what is hardcore? Are the 50,000+ players that currently play Modern Warfare 3 hardcore players? In total, maybe 10 million played the game on-line. I base that 10 million on new players' rankings. You can say that since the majority left the game, then the majority was not hardcore enough to continue.

Or you can look at it another way. You can say that half the players who are left in this game have hardcore kill counts (which I know is true from my own experience with MW3). This basically says that hardcore players do in fact play this game.

It all depends on how you look at it.

Do you even read?

I posted this in the wrong topic. You should've realized this before quoting and not quoted at all.
#7leatheljPosted 10/23/2013 9:00:51 PM
No I dislike them for changeing they had a amazeing idea with a amazeing goal it was diffrent and innovative and orginal now we have xbox360.2 and ps3.2 historey dosent remember the simple standerd historey rembers the people that stood out and made something diffrent and innovative dare to change but og well we will never know now gamers got what they wanted hope your happy of wait there not they continue to complain and will never be satisfied xbox one is still more innovative then ps4 but its cripple now a broken future hopefully the x1 will fail and be taken off the market forever let sony be a monopoly thats all they want thats all they like right? You never know what you have until you lose it. I wll buy a xbox one I will play but it will be a bitter mechine turn by self entitled and ungrateful hypicrate gamers I really hate this gen of gamers.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#8ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/23/2013 9:04:02 PM
I honestly never cared. I only dislike the XB1 because of these reasons: forced kinect + price, paywall, excessive measures of profit (advertisements, etc).
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#9HeracylostPosted 10/23/2013 9:05:27 PM
Only company that seems constant is Nintendo. They don't seems to normally go out if their way to screw you over.

MS and Sony will try and strangle every nickel out you.

That's why I have a U already. Year maybe more to see what DRM and other stuff comes into play in the others. Then I'll think about one of the others.

However if most games go online all the time or some other crap, I'll simply pass I can play free on PC all day every day if it comes to that.
#10Jstretch19Posted 10/23/2013 9:07:01 PM
Nope, the deciding factor not to get an Xbox One wasn't the god-awful policies for me, it was the extra $100 over the competition by requiring a device that I don't need or want that was the deciding factor. Sure, those policies were atrocious, but they aren't as bad as the Kinect is.