Have you forgiven Microsoft for the policies that they had planned for Xbone?

#21Spetsnaz420Posted 10/24/2013 12:26:33 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
Dev0311 posted...
MS made it very clear that they want full control of their customers. Why do people still defend them?
already asked and answered above, nobody had even bought anything yet, so no damage was done to any gamers and ms changed their policy immediately. this was literally months ago, try to get over it. if they change it back after people have paid, then you'll get back your right to complain. don't hold your breath, unless you want to die while you wait.

Except he has every right to complain about whatever he wants, even if I upsets you. How exactly is planning those horrible policies a non issue? If pre order numbers were better those policies would still exist.

If a person plans a murder down to the last detail but ends up not going through with it, they can still be charged with conspiracy. Planning something horrible is something people have a right to hold a grudge against. You should have said it was a non issue for you sinc you don't dictate how other people feel or think.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#22SoulTrapperPosted 10/24/2013 12:52:30 AM
Don't worry everyone who liked the DRM and the 24hour check-ins!

They'll be back soon:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18209/article/xbox-one-digital-vision-simply-reordered-could-return-after-launch/

When asked more directly about the return of DRM and 24-hour check-ins, Harrison remarked that its all there, insinuating that nothing has truly been removed from the console.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#23Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/24/2013 12:53:36 AM
the policies are still in place. you have to download a patch to get rid of them
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#24Bottler0cketPosted 10/24/2013 1:40:07 AM
leathelj posted...
No I dislike them for changeing they had a amazeing idea with a amazeing goal it was diffrent and innovative and orginal now we have xbox360.2 and ps3.2 historey dosent remember the simple standerd historey rembers the people that stood out and made something diffrent and innovative dare to change but og well we will never know now gamers got what they wanted hope your happy of wait there not they continue to complain and will never be satisfied xbox one is still more innovative then ps4 but its cripple now a broken future hopefully the x1 will fail and be taken off the market forever let sony be a monopoly thats all they want thats all they like right? You never know what you have until you lose it. I wll buy a xbox one I will play but it will be a bitter mechine turn by self entitled and ungrateful hypicrate gamers I really hate this gen of gamers.

You should be blaming MS not the gamers. We didn't change anything, MS did. Sure, they saw their pre-orders floundering but that's the choice of the consumer and is ultimately how markets work. If they had any confidence in their original plan (which you seem to think is so progressive),if they were confident that their original product was better that Sony's, then they would have stuck by it.

We didn't take family sharing from you. MS did. They could have left all those policies in place for digital games only. But they didn't, they took it away from you.

Consumers have power over markets, not individual products and companies.
#25Maize84Posted 10/24/2013 1:44:58 AM
Nope, because they are going to be brought back. They lock your purchases and such to you which is great and all, but they have a love of locking accounts. My account got locked after one of the recent updates demanded I tie my account to a phone (because it didn't want to go to an email account I provided) and I didn't want to connect my account to something my nephew repeatedly tries to flush down the toliet. Three hours of terrible customer service later it was fixed, but I shouldn't have been locked in the first place.

I don't trust Microsoft and believe when they bring it back, they will abuse it at some point to screw everyone out of extra cash.

On paper it looks like Steam's model, but in practice it's Microsoft. Literally a company that got it's start by theft.

On the plus side it'll still probably have the faster and overall better online play. Sony has made no attempt or mention of making theirs better.
---
Pretentiousness is hereditary. Just because they haven't found the gene yet...
#26Troll_DirectoryPosted 10/24/2013 2:33:34 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
Dev0311 posted...
MS made it very clear that they want full control of their customers. Why do people still defend them?
already asked and answered above, nobody had even bought anything yet, so no damage was done to any gamers and ms changed their policy immediately. this was literally months ago, try to get over it. if they change it back after people have paid, then you'll get back your right to complain. don't hold your breath, unless you want to die while you wait.

Except he has every right to complain about whatever he wants, even if I upsets you. How exactly is planning those horrible policies a non issue? If pre order numbers were better those policies would still exist.

If a person plans a murder down to the last detail but ends up not going through with it, they can still be charged with conspiracy. Planning something horrible is something people have a right to hold a grudge against. You should have said it was a non issue for you sinc you don't dictate how other people feel or think.
nope, not even a little bit. one of us is upset about it, and it ain't me. of course he has the capability to complain all he wants. but this wasn't a planned murder, it was a product policy. and no one paid for it. so, no crime or infringement of any kind. and therefore, no right to complain at all. that's the way it works.

and, of course those policies would still exist with better pre-orders. ms would be pretty stupid to reverse the policy on something that people wanted. instead, they were smart to change it. immediately.
#27GotTruthPosted 10/24/2013 2:38:51 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I honestly never cared. I only dislike the XB1 because of these reasons: forced kinect + price, paywall, excessive measures of profit (advertisements, etc).

^ this sounds ALOT like me too...........

Don't want to use the Kinect until I am able to control a fleet like Enders Game or Command a RTS battlefield in a game like StarCraft2, WArcraft3 And I have seen NO such demonstration of abilities even CLOSE to achieving that.

Paywall is BULL**** while advertisement STILL show up when your paying for GOLD. Make the Silvers deal with the ads. If I'm paying for a PREMIUM Service(as GOLD is billed to be) I don't feel it acceptable to thrust ads on your PAYING users.

I have A big problem with this mad push for Digital. You frankly DO NOT OWN DIGITAL. You are merely 'renting" it until they decide to cut support for it. You ONLY "own" things you can SELL at anytime to whomever you wish. I this CRAZY thing were i like to OWN the game I PAID for at the Retailer. Show me where I can sell my DIGITAL copy of my game at a garage sale, or trade in my Digital copy to take a bit of the bite out of the NEXT NEW title I purchase? This fantasy Marketplace MS is selling you is NEVER goin to be like STEAM. STEAM only is able to offer its sales, discounts and stuff due to they are NOT THE ONLY digital distributor od PC games. MS has ZERO(and they WANT it that way) competition to distribute their Digital Games. Frankly to get me to buy a AAA Title as a DigitalCopy the cost is going to HAVE to be around 20-30 bucks and not a DIME more.
I mean if its Digital, then you didn't pay for Packaging the Product, you didn't pay to press it on DISC's, you didn't pay for shipping the product, you didn't pay to shelf the product, you didn't pay to have booklet mad(not like anyone does THAT anymore).......what they hell are gunna be paying MSRP of around 50-70 bucks for? It NOT about bringing the price down for folks, its about LOCKING them into proprietary Marketplace that MS controls.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#28leatheljPosted 10/24/2013 5:41:26 AM
Bottler0cket posted...
leathelj posted...
No I dislike them for changeing they had a amazeing idea with a amazeing goal it was diffrent and innovative and orginal now we have xbox360.2 and ps3.2 historey dosent remember the simple standerd historey rembers the people that stood out and made something diffrent and innovative dare to change but og well we will never know now gamers got what they wanted hope your happy of wait there not they continue to complain and will never be satisfied xbox one is still more innovative then ps4 but its cripple now a broken future hopefully the x1 will fail and be taken off the market forever let sony be a monopoly thats all they want thats all they like right? You never know what you have until you lose it. I wll buy a xbox one I will play but it will be a bitter mechine turn by self entitled and ungrateful hypicrate gamers I really hate this gen of gamers.

You should be blaming MS not the gamers. We didn't change anything, MS did. Sure, they saw their pre-orders floundering but that's the choice of the consumer and is ultimately how markets work. If they had any confidence in their original plan (which you seem to think is so progressive),if they were confident that their original product was better that Sony's, then they would have stuck by it.

We didn't take family sharing from you. MS did. They could have left all those policies in place for digital games only. But they didn't, they took it away from you.

Consumers have power over markets, not individual products and companies.

Yeah because the consumers are never wrong there holy saints they never have any thing do with this there such peaceful nice childern -_-. I am not saying ms had no play in it but saying it was all them is nonsense I also blame gamers those who jump on band wagons its half the consumers fault maybe more.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#29scoobydoobydontPosted 10/24/2013 5:58:21 AM
Only policy I care about still hasn't been reversed, BC, so no forgiveness. Never cared about those other non-issues that entitled internet dwellers whined about. I always stay connected and keep Kinect on already.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#30maheo30Posted 10/24/2013 6:00:37 AM
I never cared to begin with. I always thought it was nothing but a bunch of whining crybabies screaming about nothing.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)