What is wrong with the xbox one?

#11The-SiskoPosted 10/24/2013 12:20:08 AM
Everything that was wrong with PS3 minus being more powerful.
---
"You cannot destory the light, for it is too extreme."
I awaits the Return of The-Lightning + the second coming of The-Aqua (KHBBSFM- KH2.5!)
#12Dev0311Posted 10/24/2013 12:55:35 AM
It costs $500, includes a deadweight peripheral hardly anyone wants, and most games don't hit 1080p. It costs the most but doesn't have the best performance.
#13mcnichojPosted 10/24/2013 1:02:41 AM
The-Sisko posted...
Everything that was wrong with PS3 minus being more powerful.
Xbox One does not have a terrible OS.
Does not format HDD in Fat32.
Will not burn out a HDD over 500GB.
Isn't hard to develop for.
Not a crappy store that was updated from a good store.
Achievements do not need to be manually synced.
Going to XMB in-game doesn't slow it down, hell the game still runs now while you watch TV or do other stuff.
Doesn't have optimization problems with multi-plat games.

I don't see how it's like the PS3 aside from it's the more expensive one and gets a lot of hate.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#14hiplockPosted 10/24/2013 3:14:16 AM
A lot of people just aren't interested in Kinect. I was probably closer to buying one before they said Kinect could be left off. That gave me too much hope for a Kinect-less version. Now I'll just keep waiting for one. There is nothing "wrong" with it. It just comes with a feature that raises the price that I have no interest in.
#15Darkstorm16Posted 10/24/2013 6:47:26 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
What is it with you guys wanting premium online service for free like a handout?

It is only $60 a year. I could come up with that digging in between the cushions of my sofa.

I wish I could be in that couch >_> the point is it's stupid. I pay my cable company $40 for crappy internet...now I have to pay an extra $60 to get online features? Right there is $110 for that moment (about higher than a gas bill, water, half of a food bill, car payment, whatnot)
---
PS Plus is one of the best video game rental service.
#16BadLuckIncPosted 10/24/2013 7:18:04 AM
lilj812 posted...
yay4pachirisu posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Less Powerful.
Forced Kinect.
Apps behind gold paywall.
Microsoft trying to screw gamers and when they took it back, they didn't say sorry for their mistake.
Focus on TV, Sports and other stuff rather than on games first.

Okay

Okay

I don't see a problem with this. People literally crying about this when they already have months of Live already paid

Sony also did the same policy stuff but they backed off because lolmicrosoft

Understandable. Though it was just a "reveal"

About the bolds. First, they shouldn't be behind the paywall in the first place. I pay for netflix, I shouldn't have to pay to access something I already pay for, especially when I don't have to do that for any other device. What makes the xbox platform so special that I should have to pay twice for netflix?

And you can't prove Sony had the same policy, can you?

I hope you don't want to play online with PS4's new PS+ requirement policy =P Because Sony never would charge you to play online.... there goes its user base being split in half.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#17Reflex-ArcPosted 10/24/2013 7:18:22 AM
Real Answer? It's not the PS4. That's it's only crime at this point in the eyes of the masses.

Microsoft was trying to do something the gaming world wasn't ready for yet, and it was compounded by their arguably poor reveal messaging at E3. Sony swooped in and said "Hey, we're not doing that stuff", and it was polarizing. The internet ate it up and the digital lemmings who just want everything to repeat have been running around with it like a toddler with a new toy ever since.

Then the witch hunt commenced and Microsoft saw that they overestimated their customer base's willingness to embrace change, so they dumbed it down to what the people wanted. But the witch hunt commences. All the while Sony just sits quietly in their corner letting the meltdown instigated at E3 hit critical mass while Microsoft has to continually shift their message trying to get a foothold again.

Microsoft: We've reversed our policies!
The Masses: Doesn't matter, you're not a PS4

Microsoft: Look at all these cool features!
The Masses: Doesn't matter, you're not a PS4

Microsoft: Look at our Launch Lineup. Pretty great, huh?
The Masses: Doesn't matter, the PS4 will have better games eventually.

Microsoft: Kinect is vastly improved. We think we're going to be able to offer some really neat stuff with it!
The Masses: Doesn't matter, we don't like it, and the government is spying on us. Plus, you're not a PS4.

Despite all that, I think MS is on the right path. Their XBox One tour was a great idea. Get the console out in front of the people and let them decide for themselves. The buzz from the tour has been way more positive than I would have imagined based on Sony flavored atmosphere surrounding the gaming community at the moment. I think they may be onto something with this console after all, and when it clicks with gamers, it's really going to click. I'm really looking forward to the Xbox One despite it's crime. This is going to be an interesting console generation.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#18shawntew9935Posted 10/24/2013 7:45:44 AM
Darkstorm16 posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...
What is it with you guys wanting premium online service for free like a handout?

It is only $60 a year. I could come up with that digging in between the cushions of my sofa.

I wish I could be in that couch >_> the point is it's stupid. I pay my cable company $40 for crappy internet...now I have to pay an extra $60 to get online features? Right there is $110 for that moment (about higher than a gas bill, water, half of a food bill, car payment, whatnot)

60 a year is not 60 a month. Stop lying.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#19GambitbuzzkillPosted 10/24/2013 7:55:31 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Less Powerful.
Forced Kinect.
Apps behind gold paywall.
Microsoft trying to screw gamers and when they took it back, they didn't say sorry for their mistake.
Focus on TV, Sports and other stuff rather than on games first.

Please tell me one new tv feature or the last time it been spoken about from MS, cause all I see them talking about is games.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#20MRL3G3NDPosted 10/24/2013 8:51:07 AM
lmao at people that think MS reversed their policies because they were listening to their fanbase

after E3 they saw their stock drop and needed to make some changes

after they did the reveal they called gamestop and asked how many pre-orders were made...like 2 lol

but since then they have been quoted as saying that the policies were ahead of their time, and will be "reordered"...

but TC..it's a weaker system, coming out of the gates with limitations costing considerably more...

that's just goes against common sense...usually when you drop a lot of money on something, you want it to be the best.

I can't stand the PS controller so I'll just have to miss out on next gen, until MS starts price dropping

which will be sometime early next year...they will be losing very bad next month, so after they finish selling it to the 2%, I imagine they will come down considerably.
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q