So this is what the PS4 has that's better?....

#91streamjumperPosted 10/25/2013 6:48:08 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...

Welcome to our level. Please make yourself at home; we have cookies and juice.

Given your screen name, having cookies and juice ready seems an appropriate countermeasure against emergencies. Was this a factor in your selection of which console to back?
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#92Shik_stickPosted 10/25/2013 7:39:21 AM
chrish909 posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...
Sharing

The DualShock 4 controller includes a SHARE button, allowing the player to cycle through the last 15 minutes of gameplay to select a screenshot or video clip appropriate for sharing. Media is uploaded seamlessly from the console to other PSN users or social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Live broadcasting

Gamers can browse live video of titles their friends are playing, with cross-game camera and microphone inputs, spectate or assist in their game to help them overcome difficult obstacles, and broadcast live video of their own gameplay via public services such as Ustream, allowing friends to view and comment on them from other web browsers and devices.

PlayGo

When a title is selected online, only a portion of the game data has to be transferred to the system before it can be started (e.g. the first level), with the remaining parts downloading during play, reducing waiting time. If users prefer to play their game directly from disc, PS4 will install data to the hard drive during play, eliminating loading times. This is accomplished via the system's background processor. Similarly, system updates are downloaded seamlessly in the background without interruption. The PS4 also features technology that attempts to determine trends, including titles a gamer is likely to express interest in next, and then automatically download a small percentage of those games in the background, even in sleep mode, in order to save time.

Suspend mode

Should the need arise to end a gaming session at short notice, the PS4 will enter a low power state and suspend the player's game at that moment, so that later, when full power is restored, the player can quickly resume where they left off, negating unnecessary splash screens and menu options.

Remote Play for all PS4 games

All PS4 games can be played on PS Vita via remote play. The PlayStation App will also allow other mobile devices to interact with the PlayStation 4. It will be available for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.

Backward compatibility via Gaikai

Sony has detailed plans to explore cloud-based emulation of previous generations as a long-term solution to the challenges of backwards compatibility. The service will emulate and render previous generations of PlayStation games, streaming them to the PS4 and, likely, the Vita, over the internet.

Gaikai just proves that ps4 is releasing unfinished.

Remote play is pointless, you have to be close to the ps4. Basically its so you can play ps4 in the bathroom, ewwwww.

That share button is sure to be great.sarcasm

Having other people play your game for you? So the console will be hackable from the get go? Trophies are now pointless? Im not too sure about this feature, but it might work.

Im pretty sure every other feature is on x1 plus way more.

What is the mindset of someone promoting ps4 on the x1 boards. Are you worried there wont be enough people playing ps4?

I'm not even gonna point out everything that is wrong with this post even with how tempting it is to make you look like an ignorant fool...again.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#93chrisromans123Posted 10/25/2013 7:49:26 AM
What Sony has over MS is their first party studios. They may not have announced the games they are working on but we all know studios such as Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, Polyphony, Santa Monica are making games for the PS4. What established studios does MS really have? I mean they lost Bungie and replaced it with 343 which in my opinion didn't do a great job on Halo 4. I do agree that the x1 has a better launch line up over the ps4, but neither has anything that amazing, and I plan on getting an x1 once they make a slim or do a price drop.
---
FC: 4081-6578-7259
#94Shik_stickPosted 10/25/2013 7:54:25 AM
Then i read the rest of the topic and see others have already done so. I must say that seeing chrish get stomped so badly is fun. Although part of me feels for the lttle fella...like you would for the stray dog that gets hit by a car.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#95stevieb1234567Posted 10/25/2013 11:36:55 PM
MOATS7798 posted...
Let me get this straight, all the Xbox bashing on here, yet the ONLY good things the PS4 has over it is:

Killzone (lol...again, ovehyped)

And....

Now the hype is you can use your "real name" at launch so friends can find you??

LOL.....

And 100 cheaper and microsoft flipfloping and if it werent for sony they wouldnt of flipflopped and in end i would of been screwed. In end sony will have way better exclusives ie uncharted 4. Peace
---
Posted using GameFlux
#96CyborgTwentyPosted 10/26/2013 4:23:25 AM
Why is DesperateMonkey so desperate?
#97MOATS7798(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 8:24:06 AM
$100 is because of Kinect being bundled...big deal, Sony was going the exact same route as MS...they had plans for DRM policies as well, were going to include the Ps4 Eye, they even mentioned all of this but decided not to because of he babies like you guys..

Funny how they NOW Sony has a mandatory day one update, which I believe is to remove all the same features the MS console HAD, MS now has a day one update to remove the features everyone wanted removed... yet Sony will tell you it's just to play DVD's?????......lol....RIGHT!!!
#98UnquietSlumbersPosted 10/26/2013 8:43:50 AM
Oh man, Chrish is getting absolutely massacred in this topic. It's brutal. That on top of PS4 crushing the Bone in preorders must sting like hell.
#99Officer_JennyPosted 10/26/2013 8:49:20 AM
From an article I read about hardware comparisons:

The PlayStation 4's hardware advantages are becoming evident much earlier than many had anticipated. Microsoft officials had claimed that the Xbox One's "balancing" would allow it to make up for areas in which it may have seemed weak on paper. Now, it's looking like the system's hardware, particularly its ESRAM, is going to be an ongoing source of headaches for developers. For a company with such immense resources, Microsoft's Xbox One's performance leaves a lot to be desired.

Looks like trouble may be brewing already.
---
Doing good, wherever it needs to be done!
Black FC: 5157-4470-6406
#100UnquietSlumbersPosted 10/26/2013 8:58:16 AM
Officer_Jenny posted...
From an article I read about hardware comparisons:

The PlayStation 4's hardware advantages are becoming evident much earlier than many had anticipated. Microsoft officials had claimed that the Xbox One's "balancing" would allow it to make up for areas in which it may have seemed weak on paper. Now, it's looking like the system's hardware, particularly its ESRAM, is going to be an ongoing source of headaches for developers. For a company with such immense resources, Microsoft's Xbox One's performance leaves a lot to be desired.

Looks like trouble may be brewing already.

Brutal... Just brutal!

Hey chrish!