Xbox live gold

#1Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 10/24/2013 5:25:54 AM
Will some retail games like Titanfall which are completely online games require a gold subscription to be allowed to even play the game? Or will silver users be SOL for it?
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#2ShadonicPosted 10/24/2013 5:38:07 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Will some retail games like Titanfall which are completely online games require a gold subscription to be allowed to even play the game? Or will silver users be SOL for it?

um.. will games like Titanfall exclude silver players from playing the game, or will silver players be out of luck?.. surely they're both the same scenario? xD

Joking aside, I think they will be, The way that Titanfall plays seems heavily invested in the human element for fun, I can't see bots being worthwhile to play against ( the games are already filled with bots and npc fodder to kill), so it would detract from the experience.. and developing AI takes alot of time and effort to do.

with the heavy investment in online this gen, I think that there's more of a case than ever to get a gold subscription and get online to play, you get the headset free, MS has it's azure platform for hosting people are more focused on online play than ever.. it might be time for Silver players to bite the bullet!
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?
#3RybalPosted 10/24/2013 7:00:47 AM
Honestly, it doesn't make sense to even get an online-only game, but not pay for online. The market for this game overlaps the market for COD, which also requires Gold for the majority of its gameplay (how many people really play the single player more than multi?), so there shouldn't even be an issue for 99% of the target audience.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade