Xbox One Will Support Eight For Party Chat At Launch

#1Dev445Posted 10/24/2013 5:46:23 AM
by Mike Futter

Yesterday, we reported that the PlayStation 4 will support party chat for up to eight users. This prompted us to ask Microsoft about the Xbox One's group feature to find out what users can expect.

ďAt launch, up to eight people will be able to join a Party Chat at a time on Xbox One," a Microsoft spokesperson told Game Informer. This mirrors what is possible on the Xbox 360 right now. With launch less than a month away for both consoles in the United States, information is starting to flow more quickly.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/24/xbox-one-will-support-eight-for-party-chat-at-launch.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2_OujiDoza_Posted 10/24/2013 6:19:51 AM
Needs to be more than 8 tbqh.
---
You can't stop me, you can only hope to mod me.
#3x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 10/24/2013 6:20:52 AM
_OujiDoza_ posted...
Needs to be more than 8 tbqh.

I feel like 8 is too many at times. Lol. But it would be nice to have more so we can have huge Battlefield teams of friends.
#4yanksfan4247Posted 10/24/2013 6:25:12 AM
Anything more than ten is terrible. How many in a Skype video chat?
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#5Ironman06Posted 10/24/2013 10:05:20 AM
I happen to agree - this isn't an issue of capability so much as an issue of convenience. When I play on my 360 I'm usually in a party of about 4 - 5 people. Anything more than that and people just talk over each other, it's kind of pain unless you're playing the same game.
#6BTM4444Posted 10/24/2013 12:43:59 PM
Ironman06 posted...
I happen to agree - this isn't an issue of capability so much as an issue of convenience. When I play on my 360 I'm usually in a party of about 4 - 5 people. Anything more than that and people just talk over each other, it's kind of pain unless you're playing the same game.

Agreed 8 is plenty. There has only been a few times where I have been in a party of 8. I have never had an issue where a person couldn't join cause the party was full.

Plus they said at launch it will support 8 so I'm so they could up it if they wanted to