Xbox One... Convince me!

#1MaxBigJPosted 10/24/2013 11:00:25 AM
I'm hoping to get good info here, not to be called a Sony fanboy.

I preordered my PS4 the day after E3 after feeling butthurt about the XB1 policies. I've had a 360 for 6 years now and I love it. Never had any complaints about the system, microsoft, and I've never even gotten the red ring.

With that said, I'm VERY nervous about cancelling my PS4 preorder and picking up the XB1. I only have money for one system, and the $100 difference is substantial to me.

I'd like to think that I know enough about the systems to make an informed decision of my own, but reading through the threads, the majority of users here have me by a mile. Essentially, here's what I'm nervous about:

1. A re-reversal on the policies. I don't know if this is legally possible, or if it's legal, but if someone has a better idea, I'd be very interested in hearing from you.
2. I know this is subjective, but does one console really have the best exclusives? So far I haven't seen much. I loved HALO and I was super bummed I couldn't play Last of Us so the score is 1:1 there, I suppose.
3. Anyone who has ever had a kinect, is it really as cool as it's made out to be? Is it worth the extra $100? Will it be a pain in the ass to use?

I guess these are the main things, again, don't just troll here or use it to unbiasly promote XB1. I'd really like more info.
#2RebelGameMasterPosted 10/24/2013 11:03:24 AM
XBONE has the all powerful Cloud Strife!
---
:)
#3MaxBigJ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:05:22 AM
Case in point, I don't know what that means.
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 10/24/2013 11:05:40 AM
It has games.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#5Combo626Posted 10/24/2013 11:05:42 AM
1. There will be no "re-reversal" it's just not worth it.
2. No one really knows anything about the Kinect 2 since most people haven't used it.
3. I would say for now get the PS4 since you're probably not gonna be able to get it any time soon in stores, same with the XBOX One.

If you've already preordered the PS4 you probably had a reason for it. If the current XBOX One lineup doesn't appeal to you then keep the PS4 and go for the One when a game comes out that you want.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#6sulkythefishPosted 10/24/2013 11:07:42 AM
If you like XBOX exclusives get the XB1

If you like PS exclusives get the PS4

It's as simple as that as I believe that even if there is a difference in the power of the systems the 3rd party developers won't make separate versions of their games for each system so the difference will be small between them.

If you don't have a lot of money to spend the extra money you would have to pay for the XB1 would probably get you 2 PS4 games in a bundle offer with the system
#7blitz_0623Posted 10/24/2013 11:11:06 AM
MaxBigJ posted...

1. A re-reversal on the policies. I don't know if this is legally possible, or if it's legal, but if someone has a better idea, I'd be very interested in hearing from you.

Unlikely, it's legal, but I don't see MS doing it. They already experienced the s***storm that ensued when they revealed their DRM

2. I know this is subjective, but does one console really have the best exclusives? So far I haven't seen much. I loved HALO and I was super bummed I couldn't play Last of Us so the score is 1:1 there, I suppose.

Yeah can't help you on that. It's a matter of personal taste. Halo 5 will be out for the X1 so if you loved Halo there's your answer. Moreover you never played Last of Us so it's not exactly 1:1 since you wouldn't know if you actually will like the game

3. Anyone who has ever had a kinect, is it really as cool as it's made out to be? Is it worth the extra $100? Will it be a pain in the ass to use?

Sorry, never had Kinect. I absolutely despise motion controls, whether they're used for gaming or just UI navigation.
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#8nika1667Posted 10/24/2013 11:15:03 AM
1. As far as legality, they could reverse the policies. However, with the community outcry on the original policies it is very unlikely that the policies will be re-reversed.

2. Exclusives are totally up to your own opinion. If you want the last of us more than halo, go for it. I don't think anyone can help you in this area as this one is totally up to you. All I could say is weigh the options out on your own.

3. No one can really say much about the Kinnect 2 as it is not out, but the original Kinnect was pretty cool albeit a bit gimmicky. It didn't feel good or work super smoothly. As far as the Kinnect 2 on paper, those issues /should/ be gone but of course no one can really confirm.
#9MaxBigJ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:15:25 AM
I've never had any motion control or anything before either. Why do you dislike it so much. I know people are pissed it's mandatory with the system, but I thought it was kinda cool. Why do they suck so much, in your opinion?
#10SunDevil77Posted 10/24/2013 11:39:13 AM
MaxBigJ posted...
I've never had any motion control or anything before either. Why do you dislike it so much. I know people are pissed it's mandatory with the system, but I thought it was kinda cool. Why do they suck so much, in your opinion?

People hate fun.

But really...a lot of people like it, and they can do cool stuff with Kinect. The first Kinect only had 5 or 6 good games, so I'm skeptical about it in the gaming sense. The supplemental features are great though.
---
Uh, yes, sir. They're driving an '84... Sheepdog.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539