Xbox One... Convince me!

#21BrokenIcarusPosted 10/24/2013 12:55:37 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
BrokenIcarus posted...
If you mainly like Forza, Halo, Fable get XB1

If you mainly like anything else get PS4

Hard to argue since it had the jRPG market cornered in the first 5 years. It also had exclusives like Dead Rising, Bioshock, DoA4, Mass Effect, Katamari and so on. Moving away from timed exclusives, it had titles like Condemned 1&2, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Forza, Gears, Halo, Fable, Viva Pinata, Kameo, Banjo Kazooie, Culdcept, the entire schmup genre, Crackdown, Dance Central, Left 4 Dead, Alan Wake, PGR series and so on.

The only reason people think Gears, Forza and Halo is because they sell more. By that defintion almost everything aside from Uncharted and GT are irrelevant on the PS3.

Nope the only reason I said that is because they're the only ips that are made by MS first party (save PGr, Banjo and Kameo but they're mostly dead).

Everything else is pretty uncertain right now. L4D was exclusive because Valve disliked the PS3. Dead Rising 2 was on PS3. The other series are all 3rd party and aren't guaranteed to stay on MS platforms.
#22MaxBigJ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 2:38:32 PM
Hey all, I just want to say thanks for all the advice and insight. Glad to see that every thread doesn't need to turn into an argument/verbal assault. How do I give karma points or whatever (can I?) haha Everyone's been super helpful, THANKS!
---
XB1 or PS4: still on the fence. Destiny: Utterly enamored
#23method115Posted 10/24/2013 2:48:41 PM
MaxBigJ posted...
I've never had any motion control or anything before either. Why do you dislike it so much. I know people are pissed it's mandatory with the system, but I thought it was kinda cool. Why do they suck so much, in your opinion?

Me personally I just don't like anything that's going to make me move around or scream at my TV. I workout 4 days a week I don't need anymore activity involved in my life.
#24DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/24/2013 9:38:55 PM
BrokenIcarus posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
BrokenIcarus posted...
If you mainly like Forza, Halo, Fable get XB1

If you mainly like anything else get PS4

Hard to argue since it had the jRPG market cornered in the first 5 years. It also had exclusives like Dead Rising, Bioshock, DoA4, Mass Effect, Katamari and so on. Moving away from timed exclusives, it had titles like Condemned 1&2, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Forza, Gears, Halo, Fable, Viva Pinata, Kameo, Banjo Kazooie, Culdcept, the entire schmup genre, Crackdown, Dance Central, Left 4 Dead, Alan Wake, PGR series and so on.

The only reason people think Gears, Forza and Halo is because they sell more. By that defintion almost everything aside from Uncharted and GT are irrelevant on the PS3.

Nope the only reason I said that is because they're the only ips that are made by MS first party (save PGr, Banjo and Kameo but they're mostly dead).

Everything else is pretty uncertain right now. L4D was exclusive because Valve disliked the PS3. Dead Rising 2 was on PS3. The other series are all 3rd party and aren't guaranteed to stay on MS platforms.

Uh... the vast majority of Sony's IPs are dead too... Resistance, Haze, Lair, Warhawk, SOCOM, Ratchet and Clank and so on. These games sell like poop compared to the heavy hitters.

Resistance sold 4 million then 2 million the one million.
Warhawk sold 1 million then star hawk sold 250k.

If we only care about sales and success and not whats actually on the system, then the PS4 is just as barren.

The only games that have been able to compete with Gears, Halo, Forza and Fable are GT, Uncharted and The Last Of Us(maybe... only one game so far).
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#25Millertime660Posted 10/24/2013 9:49:48 PM
i would honestly say look elswhere than this message board for your answers. nothing but bickering here.
#26BoomerHelllPosted 10/24/2013 9:56:32 PM
MaxBigJ posted...
I'm hoping to get good info here, not to be called a Sony fanboy.

I preordered my PS4 the day after E3 after feeling butthurt about the XB1 policies. I've had a 360 for 6 years now and I love it. Never had any complaints about the system, microsoft, and I've never even gotten the red ring.

With that said, I'm VERY nervous about cancelling my PS4 preorder and picking up the XB1. I only have money for one system, and the $100 difference is substantial to me.

I'd like to think that I know enough about the systems to make an informed decision of my own, but reading through the threads, the majority of users here have me by a mile. Essentially, here's what I'm nervous about:

1. A re-reversal on the policies. I don't know if this is legally possible, or if it's legal, but if someone has a better idea, I'd be very interested in hearing from you.
2. I know this is subjective, but does one console really have the best exclusives? So far I haven't seen much. I loved HALO and I was super bummed I couldn't play Last of Us so the score is 1:1 there, I suppose.
3. Anyone who has ever had a kinect, is it really as cool as it's made out to be? Is it worth the extra $100? Will it be a pain in the ass to use?

I guess these are the main things, again, don't just troll here or use it to unbiasly promote XB1. I'd really like more info.

TC read this
http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
if your still not convinced, then xbox one isn't for you...