People are overreacting to a graphics advantage here

#51Lefty128kPosted 10/25/2013 3:58:03 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
I personally feel that more than anything else, its that killer app that makes the difference, but we don't know who will have that killer. It could be Titanfall but Titanfall could also be totally crap and this becomes the generation of Killzone. The future is extremely uncertain.

Titanfall =/= Exclusive

Just thought you should know.
#52DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 7:31:01 AM(edited)
I love how SAMcro is still acting like a cheer leader while the people who thought I never praised the PS4 are too ashamed to even come back.

LOL@Spetsnaz

DarkZVBeta is on those boards because of stupid console gamers who want to argue against PC gamers about PC hardware without any knowledge. Apparently, because I defend the PS4, now its my fault someone like Dark is on that board? I went there specifically because PS4 fans were making it worse by spouting misinformation and did not focus on the relevant advantages. This is getting more pathetic by the moment. You guys can't handle the reality that this topic discusses you all the trolls try to collectively insult me. Pretty classic tactic, stripped right from the Wii boards. Its embarrassing that you even talk about insulting people that disagree with you. Look at all the people such as yourself, insulting ME without ever having instigated you. Whats that? You don't mind? Because your from the same stable? Nice...

I responded respectfully to actual disagreements in this topic such as ones from Metalslug even though he never read the OP.

@Parthos
""Can I point to the fact that the weaker consoles have won all last three generations?""

Which is extremely different from the statement that they WON because of being weaker. It could imply that they won because just as much as it implies that they won despite.

The following points are all speculation. Right now, there is a bigger internet following, but those differences have usually meant nothing post launch. You say PS3 has a loyal fanbase but we don't know if they actually are loyal at all. All we have is statistics of forum dwellers who have never made a significant impact on games or hardware sales. The Xbox also has quite the following from Xbox 360. The PSV also had a ton of pre-orders, that didn't really say anything.

Then there is the absolute failure to realize all the XB1 advantages. In fact, PS2's victory over NGC is most often cited as being a cheap DVD player, a non gaming feature. Now XB1 is going for TV, media and apps but we assume this will make no difference? The XB1 also has Kinect and something to grab casual gamers. Thats suddenly irrelevant now? It looks like XB1 will completely dominate the online scene. Is that also paralleled by NGC?

Again, you look at one side of the picture and desperately want to declare a victory by selecting parts from history or straight up contradicting it.

@Lefty

It is an exclusive right now and the only official reasons is because "Cloud is free". So its another thing we don't know for the future.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#53SilentS89Posted 10/26/2013 9:34:05 PM
Foppe posted...
Dev0311 posted...
So you're trying to justify paying more for worse graphics? Good luck wit that.

I demand proof that all PS4 developers will use the extra power to make the games look better.

This is perhaps the most asinine argument I've seen on this board.

Well done.
#54Shinobi120Posted 10/26/2013 9:37:41 PM
SAMCROftw posted...
Two re-assurance posts already... I guess to PS4 fanboys,

ROFL, Therrrrrrrrres the REAL DesperateMonkey lol. That's what he wanted to do the whole time. Everyone who disagrees with him is a Sony fanboy.

You do know even Xbox gamers on this board think you're a total moron, right?

Yeah; I love how Desperate Monkey is making a fool out of himself.
#55Syco ClownPosted 10/26/2013 10:24:56 PM
It is fair for people to say that this console is better than that console because the tech is better. Tech is basically the only thing that differentiates one from the other. Each system is still going to cough out great games, as there are great developers for each of them.

PS: I wouldn't rely on Titanfall as a killer app, because it is also coming out on PC.
---
Obscure Creations
#56Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/26/2013 10:40:18 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
The PS4 has price advantage, power advantage and ease of development advantage.
There has never been a system with all 3 of this.
Could mean nothing, could mean everything.

Actually, the NGC had all three of these... People need to get facts straight. NGC was $200 vs $300 for PS2 and was much stronger AND was WAY easier to develop for than the convoluted emotion engine. If anything, the trend today is towards multiplats more than ever so that development issue is unlikely to garner any exclusives by itself. XB1 is also not hard to develop for in the sense like Emotion or Cell. It is hard relative to PS4, which is just easier. The gap between development difficulties is extremely unlikely to surpass the gap between Cell and Xbox or Emotion vs GCN/Xbox.

Also, not having a precedent does not mean anything. It also has a massive deficit in the online sector which is ever growing, and it trades better graphics for Kinect and OS features, which also has no precedent. That is why I say people using "parts of history" often do it without critical thought and just look at the parts that fits with their argument.

Game cube didn't have all 3, it had one issue that pissed off developers, it's storage, otherwords was a hassle to work with multiple disc along with more expensive production of disc, and limited storage compared to a dvd
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#57GothmogzPosted 10/26/2013 11:38:15 PM
It's not a graphical advantage, is a power advantage, thats something?, and 100 cheaper.

fanboys in denial reassuring themselves too much with large text.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#58FoppePosted 10/26/2013 11:43:21 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Foppe posted...
Dev0311 posted...
So you're trying to justify paying more for worse graphics? Good luck wit that.

I demand proof that all PS4 developers will use the extra power to make the games look better.

This is perhaps the most asinine argument I've seen on this board.

Well done.

Hardware is never better than the software.
I mean, just look at Doki-Doki Universe. It doesn't show what the PS4 is capable of. Or the PS3. Or the Vita.
Or let's look at London Cab Challenge, a PS2 game released 6-8 months after the Xbox 360 launch.
By then, the developers should have known how to produce some nice graphics on the PS2, right?
Right?
Enope.
It looked worse than Superman64.
It had more fog than Superman64.
It had more popups than Superman64.
http://youtu.be/Pk8qbSISQI4
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC