I don't know what people see in DR series, especially for DR3.

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 10/24/2013 11:41:05 AM(edited)
NOTICE how because I believe in something, that doesn't make it a fact. It is my opinion, and when discussing the value of anything with others, this subjective variable is useless in proving a point. Just because I'm not a fan of the DR series, does it make it a poor game to you guys as well? No, it doesn't. But unfortunately, this is how most people argue which console is best.

Here are some aspects of the next gen consoles that shouldn't count when you try to claim your console of choice is superior:

- Games, particularly exclusives.
- The feel of either controller (unless majority preference).
- Non-essential features, such as TV integration (etc etc).
- Non-essential peripherals.
- Extra strategies of profit (advertisements, etc).
- Time exclusivity of games, DLC, etc.

REMINDER: Liking these things is not wrong, obviously. You can want an XB1 or PS4 strictly for those subjective reasons. What I am saying is that they shouldn't be used to prove superiority.

Here are some details that could be used to measure superiority:

- Hardware performance potential.
- Development ease (the issue with the PS3).
- Restrictions, or lack thereof (how much is offered without paywalls).
- Service/console bonuses (free offerings or deals on store content).
- Price.
- Reliability.
- Certain specific, inarguable benefits (such as online servers). <-----*difficult to find*
- Starter package (what comes with the console out of the box, and what you might need to buy afterwards - - only relevant with peripherals/accessories deemed useful to the majority).
- Game quality on a specific console vs another (permanent variables, such as graphics - - time exclusivity shouldn't count).

Honestly, if at least one person around here listens to this, I'll be satisfied. BTW I am aware that perhaps I messed up with a slight thing or two on this post. That is up for discussion if you disagree with something specific that I listed. But honestly, it would be beyond the point.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/24/2013 11:41:03 AM
Topic title is misleading. Is this supposed to be a topic about Dead Rising or about the Playstation 4?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#3ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:41:34 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Topic title is misleading. Is this supposed to be a topic about Dead Rising or about the Playstation 4?

About people using their opinions to prove quality to other people.
---
All fanboys are equally terrible. Hypocrisy and double-standards are at every corner, nobody is a saint.
#4leatheljPosted 10/24/2013 11:42:02 AM
i don't get what your saying you posts all this crap about opinions but say nothing about dead rising you have no statement no nothing no reasons this is a fail topic if you don't like dr3 why post about it for flame fan boy fights i assume there is no other reason no one is going to try to convince you of any thing just so you can say you disagree close the flame topic and go home back to the sony board away with you.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#5SunDevil77Posted 10/24/2013 11:42:31 AM
Dead Rising is good ol' violent, nonsensical fun.

...oh. The title is a trick.
There is no "superior"
Only preference
---
Uh, yes, sir. They're driving an '84... Sheepdog.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#6Shik_stickPosted 10/24/2013 11:43:36 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
NOTICE how because I believe in something, that doesn't make it a fact. It is my opinion, and when discussing the value of anything with others, this subjective variable is useless in proving a point. Just because I'm not a fan of the DR series, does it make it a poor game to you guys as well? No, it doesn't. But unfortunately, this is how most people argue which console is best.

Here are some aspects of the next gen consoles that shouldn't count when you try to claim your console of choice is superior:

- Games, particularly exclusives.
- The feel of either controller (unless majority preference).
- Non-essential features, such as TV integration (etc etc).
- Non-essential peripherals.
- Extra strategies of profit (advertisements, etc).
- Time exclusivity of games, DLC, etc.

REMINDER: Liking these things is not wrong, obviously. You can want an XB1 or PS4 strictly for those subjective reasons. What I am saying is that they shouldn't be used to prove superiority.

Here are some details that could be used to measure superiority:

- Hardware performance potential.
- Development ease (the issue with the PS3).
- Restrictions, or lack thereof (how much is offered without paywalls).
- Service/console bonuses (free offerings or deals on store content).
- Price.
- Reliability.
- Certain specific, inarguable benefits (such as online servers). <-----*difficult to find*
- Starter package (what comes with the console out of the box, and what you might need to buy afterwards - - only relevant with peripherals/accessories deemed useful to the majority).
- Game quality on a specific console vs another (permanent variables, such as graphics - - time exclusivity shouldn't count).

Honestly, if at least one person around here listens to this, I'll be satisfied. BTW I am aware that perhaps I messed up with a slight thing or two on this post. That is up for discussion if you disagree with something specific that I listed. But honestly, it would be beyond the point.

Well going by that logic, the PS4 has a very large set of advantages...objectively speaking.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#7Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/24/2013 11:43:43 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Opinions to prove? Yea... This topic is pointless then.
---
#8ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:46:20 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Why don't you read at least the first paragraph? Is that possible? I'm sure I made it fairly clear.

My point -> I'm not impressed with DR3 -> Does it matter to you? No -> Is it something that I can use to prove a point? -> No, because it's an opinion.

That concept^ is something a lot of people on forums on the internet don't understand.
---
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/24/2013 11:49:44 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Why don't you read at least the first paragraph? Is that possible? I'm sure I made it fairly clear.

My point -> I'm not impressed with DR3 -> Does it matter to you? No -> Is it something that I can use to prove a point? -> No, because it's an opinion.

That concept^ is something a lot of people on forums on the internet don't understand.

WTF are you talking about? This topic is a convoluted mess!
---
#10ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:52:03 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
WTF are you talking about? This topic is a convoluted mess!

So providing an example of why opinions don't matter followed up with a list of things that are relevant to proving superiority is hard to follow? This topic is about people who try to prove the superiority of something but do it wrong. I don't know how I can be any more clear.
---