Power or backwards compatability?

#1locky723Posted 10/24/2013 2:11:32 PM
Would you rather have

A. The Xbox One is how it currently is: High power, but no backwards compatability

B. Xbox One has same power of Wii U BUT, it has full backwards compatability for any Xbox 360 game.

Which would you rather have?
#2Joey-ZazaPosted 10/24/2013 2:14:16 PM
Honestly? Why can't we have both? It's a shame. If the One had complete BC the majority of people that owned a 360 would buy a One because they truly feel that they are 'updating' their system much like you would a PC. Newer hardware, but they can still play their old games, there is nothing better.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#3locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 2:16:02 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Honestly? Why can't we have both? It's a shame. If the One had complete BC the majority of people that owned a 360 would buy a One because they truly feel that they are 'updating' their system much like you would a PC. Newer hardware, but they can still play their old games, there is nothing better.

Because reasons.
#4Joey-ZazaPosted 10/24/2013 2:18:05 PM
Well, I know 3 people who aren't buying the one for this exact reason.

Since the PS4 and the One are both not backwards compatable, there's no real reason to stay brand loyal and the switch is quick and there is no thought put into it.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 10/24/2013 2:35:31 PM
The question makes no sense, what would a BC Wii U power system be? That would just be a 360. There's no reason they can't do BC with the current power level, and unless they change their mind, I'll never buy one.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#6locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 2:41:14 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
The question makes no sense, what would a BC Wii U power system be? That would just be a 360. There's no reason they can't do BC with the current power level, and unless they change their mind, I'll never buy one.

I was trying to say a BC system with less power.
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 10/24/2013 2:50:40 PM(edited)
locky723 posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...

I was trying to say a BC system with less power.

Well, it would depend on how much less power. I already think PS4/One are underwhelming, so I think less power would be leaving me with the feeling of "why bother upgrading in the first place then?" I'm near that point already as it is. I want BC, really bad, it's literally my one make or break issue, but Wii U level power wouldn't be good enough to justify a new box. Wii U is cool because it's Nintendo games finally in HD, but it would be such an insignificant jump for MS or Sony there's no point.

Plus, I don't think it's a trade off to begin with. Make the new console sufficiently powerful, emulation should be easy enough. Unlike Sony MS didn't allow coding to the metal on 360, so emulation should be trivial if the hardware isn't underpowered, regardless of architecture.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png